Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Real World MPG

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
Please post your Pacifica's actual MPG here.

"Real World" Fuel Economy vs. EPA Estimates

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• ms_mayorms_mayor Posts: 113
    Around town: (primary type of driving...I'm a stay-at-home mom who shuttles kids around) 18 mpg.

Highway: (vacations, etc.) 23 mpg, averaging 65 mph
  • rodutrodut Posts: 343
    I get about the same.

You can get the official numbers if you drive it kindly (engine RPM at lower than 2500 RPM).
  • okpacificaokpacifica Posts: 11
    2005 AWD Touring
    11mpg town
    22-25 hiway

16 overall average
  • Wife gets about 16.5 City and we got 21.5 to 22 driving from KC to FL and back last spring.
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Posts: 98
    I get 20.1 - 20.5 between RI and MD with the AC on, in my AWD 2005. It has 27k miles on it now. Speeds are variant. It typically uses 3/4 a tank to make the trip
  • tristan1tristan1 Posts: 39
    Hey guys, Just bought an 04 awd with all the options exept the 19" rims. That limited pac is awesome!!! I wanted to get one but my budget won't let me.I noticed the chrome window/pillar molding is pretty sweet. How's the fitting? I'm thinking about getting a set in ebay but not sure on how will it fit.

MPG on mine a/c on cruising @ 70mph. is 23.2 On rush hour heavy traffic with a/c on is 10.6 I do used 93 octane. I noticed I burn more gas with windows open, it kinda gives a parachute effect.

One more question maybe it's a stupid question but I bought my pac @ $26,700 it has 17k on it. All the options and runs very nice. You guys think it's a good price?
  • pscdocpscdoc Posts: 91
    The chrome window pillar fit just fine. You just have to be careful when you put it on doing it very slowly taking your time to get it just right. If you rush it you will regret it. Good luck.

As for the price you paid for your pac, I think its a fair price, but you may want to ask the people who are on the 'Prices Paid' board.
  • city driving.. we get 18.9 mpg.. :)
    really nice
  • pscdocpscdoc Posts: 91
    05 AWD Limited

16-17 mpg - Mixed City/Highway
    22-24 mpg - Highway Only
  • klekle Posts: 3
    Hi Houston:

We just returned from our trip and although we had a great time, our average gas mileage on super highways was only 18.8 mile/gal @ an speed of 75 MPH. It is beginning to look like we will be averaging much less than the dealers posted MPG. When we purchased the Pac, we expected less than the posted numbers but not this low. With the cost of gas on the rise, we would like to find ways that will improve our consumption. If you are aware of options, please feel free to suggest. Although we are let down with our miles/gal, we still remain pleased with our purchase. The DVD option took a good amount of stress out of our trip.
  • axr6axr6 Posts: 42
    For the 2000+ miles that I had driven my "05 Touring, I average close to 21 MPG. That is because I hardly do any stop and go driving. The last check was for a distance of 399.7 miles, about 80 of which was on hilly, winding country roads, about 20 in city and 300 on open freeways cruising at a hair under 70 MPH. That trip returned 22.1 MPG.

My worst check was 17.8 MPG and the best 23.9 MPG. I use 87 octane gas.

After reading some of the low MPGs from others, I am quite satisfied with these figures.
    Gee 23.9mpg on a limited, I used 87 and the EVIC read as high as 23 - 24, but it ate gas like a hog :P , so I figured it was way off. Sicne I have been using 89 it has been very close to what I used. My last trip to MD I used 20 gallons for 369 miles 18mpg - a little dip, might be stinky gas or maybe those oil changes are really good and I am over the 3000 mile mark :confuse: . Or I could have hit it a little hard on the pedal. Overall still very happy with the PAC!

Nuru
    Silver 2005 Touring AWD
    28500k and climbing!
    Hmm, you make me want to try 87 again. With the sudden GOVT orchestrated, Oil company string pulling artificial Gas price increases, I may have to!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SteelyDan, the posted highway mpg is not at 75mph, isn't at 55mph?. I have ranged from 17.5 to 21 mpg on a combo of street and highway. Lately highway, it has been 20.1, but I had a dip on my last trip down to 18 mpg. but my average speed was probablhy up therea little.
  • rodutrodut Posts: 343
    Me too I got better mileage when using cheap gas (87).
    No complaints !
  • locnardlocnard Posts: 3
    05 TOURING

I bought a used Pac 15,000 on the clock. Now just over 20,000. I live in southern Cali and commute 90 or so miles a day. Was running 87 from Costco with no AC and mostly freeway. Getting usual 21.5 to 23. Tried Costco 91.Mileage went down to 19.1.Now with summer beach traffic I am taking more back roads and tried running Mobil 89 per manufacture spec. Back road twistys and ac full blast getting 23.5!! Mobile is about thirty cents more a gallon for the mid grade than Costco and the as Costco super. But I can see the diff. Maybe Costco is just that. Cheap Gas!
    Well I think there is something going on with my engine. My Gas mpg dropped on the last few trips to 18.45mpg for some reason. I am gonna take it to Chrysler to get it checked out.
    You know i see the posts about bad gas. Maybe that is part of it? :(
  • miguel2miguel2 Posts: 5
    Hello there nuruc7,
    My name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative with the Chrysler Information Center. To clear up any confusion, I’d like to provide you with information on the EPA’s estimated fuel mileage ratings for the Chrysler Pacifica together with the respective speed at which the highway fuel rating is derived. In addition to that, I can provide you with some helpful tips on how to lower fuel consumption. Do you mind if I join the conversation?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel M.
  • frankefranke Posts: 3
    Welcome, Miguel - Looking foward to any enlightment you can supply.