Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Tucson Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Those are good prices, the best price i've gotten is MSRP = $25,240, My Price = $24,310, you got 2500 off on the limited with prem pack, wow. What dealer is this? It's probably worth it to buy it over the internetz
  • I would like to know what dealer this is, too. Who were you able to get 2.9% with 0 down :O?
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    All Kia dealers are offering that rate thru 1 Feb.......though in his case that must be 1 hefty car payment which I'll never understand,
  • Sorry for the slow response. I purchased my car at Glendora Hyundai in Glendora, CA. Once again. It was a GLS PZEV with the Popular Equipment package. Dealerships have not established the "selling price" of this car yet because it is brand new. I got it for $23,180 out the door with all charges and Los Angles has a 9.25% sales tax. I got most dealerships got down to about $24,000. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more info. incugator@hotmail.com
  • harbor hyundai in long beach, going back to them for my tucson because elantra i bought there in dec was great price and smooth transaction.
  • Just found out hyundai will not offer any financing on any vehiclesc for commercial companies, even with a personal guarantee. :(
  • well after talking to hyundai finance via email, it is apparantly up to the dealer how they choose to write their financing contract, so today i found another dealer who actually beat my already awesome price and wrote it all up in my company name. i am so impressed with this tucson, you wont be disappointed
  • Just for information - in case this helps anyone in New York state. I bought the above mentioned Tucson at Fuccillo in Syracuse for $23,430 plus tax and title/licensing. I think I got a decent deal. It was $100 over the invoice they showed me. What do others think? At least I am giving you a point of comparison. (Also, BTW, the "bottom line" price they gave me over the phone before I actually went to the showroom was $23,790, so they WILL come down, but they have to get you in the door first.)
  • Thrusday I finally bought my '10 Tucson, limited with premium package, MSRP was 28,100 and they wanted to sell it to me at 26,700, at the end I got it at 25,800 plus tax and license :) 3.9 % financing at 72 months, 4k down, 380 a month. The only bad side is 27k miles ago I paid 11,500 for my 02 Jeep Liberty and as I trade in they gave me only 3k, but oh well, I'm happy I have a reliable and safe vehicle now.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    was this 2wd or 4wd? moonroof and navigation or not?
  • 2wd, and premium package is for navigation and moonroof.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    Is the taupe interior light tannish? It isn't grayish, is it? Is it two tone? Steering wheel one color, the dash another? I do know there's a two tone red/black. Just am confused with taupe color. Any help?
  • It is two tone, seats are grayish with black. Steering wheel is black and dash is gray with black also but it might not be black it is more like very dark gray, it is very nice.
  • one dealer told me they work with a company to install the panoramic sunroof, which may save the navigation cost. will that damage the warranty? anybody has experience? thanks.
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    Wow, I don't know if I would want someone cutting the roof out of my new Tucson. We just got our Ltd with the premium package. In addition to the roof and NAV, the backup camera is great and the upgraded radio is probably the best I have heard in a Hyundai.

2010 Tucson Ltd, everything but AWD. Where we live, if you need AWD you are someplace you shouldn't be! :)
  • babalu22babalu22 Posts: 2
    Hi Jim,

Anyway you could share where you purchased and what the deal was as I too am looking to get the Tucson LTD w/o the panoramic roof which I was quoted a price of $2800 which to me seems excessive add'l. cost, we are on the fence with purchasing the Nav and prem. radio as well but with all else, it seems like a good crossover to purchase. thx.
  • babalu22babalu22 Posts: 2
    Hi chapusin,
    Would you be able to tell where you got this Tucson w/ LTD w/ prim. package for $25,800 (city,state) as this seems like a good price, any tips on how you were able to secure this price lso appreciated, good luck with your Tucson, I am sure you are very satisfied. thx.
  • What is the difference between these and what does PZEV stand for?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,849
    Partial Zero Emission Vehicle..

They meet the emission requirements of CARB states.. (California Air Resource Board?). About 5-10 states that have stricter emission requirements than the US EPA requires... Some vehicles are 50-state compliant.. some vehicles make special emission systems for those states, but are sometimes available in other states, as well.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• reubenray1reubenray1 Posts: 21
    edited April 2010
    I went by a dealership this morning in Louisiana to see what they had. They had 3 new Tucson's on the lot. Two of them had an adjustment of $1,350 tacked onto the MSRP. The other one did not not and it appeared to have just arrived. The sticker on the window had an extension on it that had the adjustment. I cannot remember what the other word was in front of the adjustment.

Any idea what this is? It put their cost higher than another dealership I went by on Friday.

I still have not driven a Tucson yet and may not be able to for another month. If I was to buy a Tucson out right what type of cost would I be looking at for the Limited front wheel drive version without any other options? My wife loves the look of the Tucson, but my only hesitation is does the engine have enough power and how does it ride. I am currently working in Houston and you will get run over if you do not have enough power to get up and go.
  • chapusinchapusin Posts: 19
    Just go to zag.com and check the price you can get with them on your area, mine fully loaded was just below 26k without TTL

As for power, it doesn't have the thrust of my old v6 jeep liberty but i find it enought for the wife, specially since she's carrying my kids, i dont want her accelerating like if she was driving my golf gti :d
  • maringamaringa Posts: 36
    edited April 2010
    You won't be able to get anywhere near invoice, but if you go to autobrag, you should be able to see people are able to get around $800 to $1,200 off.

Also Fitzmall is another good site to get an idea what the going rate is on Tucson's.
  • seunghunseunghun Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    MSRP $26,090 (invoice $25,136), dealership I visited today offered me $25,090 before TTL. Sales manager didn't want to tell me APR until I agree with this number, so I just walked away. This was the only dealership I've visited, but based on few phone calls I've made Hyundai dealers won't negotiate a lot for 2010 tucson. Few people who posted here got a decent deal, I just don't know how.
  • ffx1234ffx1234 Posts: 3
    Got my GLS w/ popular equipment plus some small extras for $20,994 (with freight included) before taxes and fees. MSRP was 22,825. Had the car for about two weeks now and I'm loving it!!!
    Dude, it's easier that you think but you will never be able to do it walking in on dealerships. They will rape you if you do this. The secret is negotiating online, go to the website of 5 dealers around you, talk to their internet guy and tell them you are comparing prices on tucson's and ask them to send you their best price. After you have the prices, make them fight by sending the other one the deal you got and they want your bussiness so they will try to match it or lower it. That's how I got mine, I confronted my local dealer against a price from a dealer 120 miles away. Regarding the APR, I got the Hyundai prime rate which was 3.9% for 72 months or 2.9% for 60 months I think, my credit is not even super perfect it was around 730, from what I understand Hyundai Finance is very flexible. Also look at the documentation and fees thing at the end, they will try to charge you with the security system and all that sort of crap.
  • msolo1msolo1 Posts: 1
    Sounds like a great deal. Where did you get the vehicle and what were some of the extra's you got? I am looking at the exact same vehice.
    Mine was 2200 off MSRP so, not true
  • This is exactly what I plan on doing all across South Louisiana. There are about 7 dealerships that I can hit coming from Houston to my home. Is there a minimum or maximum for the amount that can be financed? I was wanting to put about half of the cost down as the down payment.
    Bought in Northern Virginia. Fairfax Hyundai, to be particular. Very painless experience! The extras were carpeted mats, cargo net, cargo tray.. and something else. Can't remember right now!
    Reubenray1, I put just about half-down and financed maybe 11,000. I received the promotional 2.90 financing for 60 months.