Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Hybrid Care & Maintenance

2»

Comments

• I have a 2005 HAH with only 31,000 on it. Put a new regular (100 month) battery in it in November of last year. Now IMA and motor icons are starting to light up again. Last week it would not start. I had the IMA reinitialized, etc. but it is still showing the icons. and I am told that the big battery is weak and will need replacement soon. For the last year, it really has not seen much activity (and I guess you can say that it has not been overworked in general). I bought it in March of 2005, but they say that the warranty has expired. What's the best way to go?
  • I have EXACTLY the same problem. 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid with 29-32 mpg for years; 39 on extended highway trips. Have 75,000+ miles and thru last year mpg has gone down to 21-23 mpg. Went to local dealer and he has offered to replace with Honda warranted IPA for almost $600. You say it cost you nothing! How did that happen? Can you give me a hint how you achieved it? Thanks
  • My wife and I are experiencing the same problems with our 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid. The dealer is offering us a replacement IPA for about $600. Can you explain how you were able to receive a warranted replacement at no cost to you? Any suggestions on how you go about achieving? You didn't say how many miles were on your vehicle. Ours has 75,000.
    Your message also only said you were picking up the battery, but didn't say how it went. How has it been going?
  • genealgeneal Posts: 2
    I am looking for comments. My 2005 Accord hybrid with only 31,000 miles on it has been acting very strange lately. The Honda shop told me that I probably needed a new battery pack, but the IMA was given a “reinitialization” to see if that would solve the problem. Since then I have been watching the battery report on the dashboard very closely. The Engine icon is on and the IMA icon has been on and off and now on again. Here are my observations on a recent 17 mile test run.

Started with 5 bars and in less than a mile, it dropped to 3 and then 2 and just as quickly went up to 6 and 5, then again just as quickly to 2 and 1. (Small charging started to show after the drops while doing normal driving, but sometimes coasting or braking showed no charging.) It next got up to 4 and then I pulled over to make some notes and the reading went up to 6. When I resumed it went to 5 for a while and then I noticed that it was doing some small charging on normal driving (but nothing on coasting or braking). Next thing it was 3 bars and all charging scenarios were at work. It then went to 6 bars and I called it quits. It seldom went one bar at a time. Also. The assist indicator only shows action for less than a second at a time and eve that doesn’t happen often. My opinion is that it is still a computer problem.

Here’s a little history. Back in April of 2008 after 16,432 miles, the car would not start and I was told that it needed a new battery. A 100 month battery was installed. Then in November of 2012 with the mileage at 30,385, when the car would not start, I was told that that 100 month battery was bad. On November 30, 2012, once again, the battery was replaced.

Finally in September of this year with the mileage around 30,900, the same problem occurred, and I was given the new battery pack recommendation. Of course, it was pointed out to me that at this point, in 2013, the warranty has expired.

Any thoughts?
2»