Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Hybrid MPG-Real World Numbers

1235»

Comments

• terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    You are starting from stops with a lead foot, racing the other cars to the next light, only having to stop there. You cannot drive a Hybrid like you have driven all your life, and not end up "disappointed".

Modification of your driving habits will most certainly increase your MPG, in a ICE or Hybrid. All that is lacking is a will do to so. ;)
  • rst10rst10 Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 HAH with the navigation system. I can't find an instant MPG display. Yes, I see the bar graph on the info screen, but that displays MPG in +/- 10 MPG increments. The only way I can get an instant reading with an accuracy of greater than +/- 10 MPG, is to reset the average mpg display, which is just silly. It may seem a little picky of me to not be contant with the MPG bar, but hey, I did buy a hybrid. One can reasonably assume that I have more than a passing interest in my mileage correct? :confuse: The fact that this car is a hybrid and it is the first car I've bought in years that didn't have an instant mpg display to a tenth of an mpg just blows my mind.

Any help? Have I simply missed it? And while we're on the subject of missing data displays, have I also overlooked an outside temp display?

Thanks!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter with a large local newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers in California who purchased a hybrid vehicle this year. If you are interested in speaking to the reporter, please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, April 12, 2007 with your daytime contact info. and what car you purchased.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• maverick9maverick9 Posts: 1
    Disappointing, yes, but not that bad! Steady 70mph: 39 to 41. In traffic, 28 miles each way, bumper to bumper: 27.7. Vehicle has 19,000 on the clock. Only mod is K&N air filter. Use Mobil-1 5W-20.
  • satswacsatswac Posts: 4
    I don't mean any of this as an insult to those of you who bought HAH and like them, but when I do the math, my used '04 Elantra (auto trans), that I bought with 27k mi for $10K gives me, worse case 32 mpg and best case (absolutely no lie) 36 mpg, I figured that for the cost of an HAH that averages 27-28 mpg...........it would take 10 years (with my driving distances of 20,000/year) before an HAH broke even with my Hyundai over-all costs.
    By-the-way, if the HAH is so good, why is Honda going to discontinue the Accord hybrid?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    If you are a long-term hybrid owner, our Senior Editor, John O'Dell, would love to hear from you! A short email with your maintenance experiences and concerns would be great. Please send to John at jodell@edmunds.com by close of business Wednesday, August 22, 2007. Be sure and include your Forums username.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• 2005 HAH bought new, 37k on it, ex-Datsun racer from the '70's, so I really drive it - love the performance. 35 plus at steady 75, 26-29 commuting in the Minneapolis metro area. Like I said, it really goes, very comfy, decent handling (not as good as my S2000). I consider it a good buy, gas accord hwy mileage in town. If you wanted a Prius, you should have bought one.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    A Forbes.com article on the least efficient hybrids and the dreaded "hybrid premium" are the subject of today's Alternate Route entry, Boon or Bane?

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• mrhowellmrhowell Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen the blurb in the news on an Atlanta station about the 20-ish year old guy who tinkered with his Honda hybrid and added a few batteries he bought from WalMart and ended up getting 100+ mpg? Someone told me they saw it on an Atlanta station and he demonstrated how he did it. Can anyone help? I cannot seem to find it and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Many thanks!
  • phrodo99phrodo99 Posts: 3
    Here it is 2 years later and we're in a big fuel crunch of $4 + a gallon. Well my comment to that question is to have the best of both worlds performance and economy. I can be green and still lay rubber. Actually bought this for the wife I drive a 06 GTO. In my opinion until the technology catches up this 05 HAH is awesome!
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    As a HAH 2005 owner I have to second the notion that as the gas prices rise, so does my appreciation for this car.

I've also noticed about a 10% boost in price they fetch on the used market.
1235»
This discussion has been closed.