Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which ones the BEST

Comments

• bigsnagbigsnag Posts: 394
    Actually, their profile is quite different, but you are on the right track.
  • Sorry to disappoint your theory, but I am not any of the profiles you mention. Bud_light_Dude is my single and only login at Edmunds.

I have read some of the posts of the person of the profiles you mention and I really don't think I am as big of an [non-permissible content removed] as this guy was.

What makes you so capable of "judging" me and why do you "think" you know me? Also, I am really curious as to why you care one way or the other?
  • reddogsreddogs Posts: 353
    ...too much trouble and work, I'm jumping between the 'stang boys and the pickup kids and thats enough work right there as it is. If bud_light_dude,a.k.a. ZBad71, a.k.a. ZBrent wants to try it, it wouldn't make any difference because you get to know their "handle" after a while. You get a feel for the persons style and idiosyncrasies and the way they respond to issues and argue the same points, so it would be self-defeating and unwieldy...
    Does it seem so unplausable that a person with a given identity, e.g. ZBAD, would start over, take a less radical stance on issues, and attempt to partake in a reasonable conversation. ZBAD was getting so far out there, maybe he decided to start over from scratch. Turn over a new leaf. Try to gain some respect, rather than continuing to be the joke he was. BUD, you are NOT in any way, even close to the [non-permissible content removed] that Z was. In fact, I don't think your an [non-permissible content removed] at all. I like your comments. But, IMO (with some legitimate evidence) I think you are, in fact, the artist formerly known as ZBAD.
  • I am glad you don't find me to be an [non-permissible content removed], but I can't account that to anything associated to or not associated to ZBAD.

Maybe you should disclose this legitimate evidence you speak of. At least let me defend myself. I have read ZBADs posts and really do not like being considered one in the same with whoever this person is.

What is this evidence?
  • You have been conversing with Bud light dude and noone else.

Makes no difference if anyone believes or not other than I am basically being called an [non-permissible content removed] by being referred to as this other guy.
    I didn't mean to offend. And perhaps I could be wrong. But I don't think so. Either way, if your new, welcome to the site, if your the all-new improved ZBad, you're welcome here, too.
    a "new one" around "these parts" we all are new (and hopefully improved) in "that area".........
  • al2al2 Posts: 73
    Whoever you are, you're not Rubluetoo. Now there's a good ol' boy (probably a college prof putting us on) who has never posted anything worthwhile. Good luck on this one now!
  • RoclesRocles Posts: 985
    It's all a conspiracy!!! LOL!!

I'm going to pitch this to Ollie Stone.....
  • I have to agree with Reddogs where he states the reasons for the decline and loss of market share for GM. It's all true.

Where I don't agree, is the notion that GM working closer with Ford would necessarily make them stronger to fight Japanese might. This because GM and Ford are already bigger than Toyota and Honda, without merging two product lines into one. And it carries twice the risk, if a product with a merged focus proves to be a flop in the marketplace.

But I do see his point that if you didn't have to enter into partnerships with the Japanese to share technologies or knowhow, and instead entered into some agreements with Ford, you could have more jobs at home, and fight globalization.

Who do we benefit, the stockholders, or the employees?
    Well, GM isn't waiting around, take a look at their deal with Honda to supply their engines and transmissions:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/engaged/edmund.cgi?c=News_and_Views&f=0&t=734

..then take a look at this site with the heading "America has never been able to make a truly great small engine"....

http://cars.about.com/autos/cars/library/weekly/aa120999.htm?rnk=r&terms=honda

......very interesting....
  • Yes, I already knew about the deal to buy up to 100,000 engines and transmissions at 20K a piece, Wall St. Journal had the article. Honda needs that deal pretty bad too. They buy suvs from Izuzu which is partly (mostly) owned by GM.

I think it's good for both parties, and your point would be why not make this deal with Ford instead? I think they may be putting a competitive product ahead of nationalism. But whatever the reason, GM has no problem selling all the suvs and trucks they can make, and this is how they have maintained 29% (soon to be 30%) market share by curtailing production of the new Cavalier, admitting it wasn't up to the competition, admitting they took too long, and still came up inferior, or that no one wants it, and instead converting for more production of trucks and suvs, where they have a great lineup.
    Anybody else see that article in Truck Trend that pitted the new 3/4 tons against each other? I know several people were really high on the 6.0L Chevy. I'm sure it is a good engine, BUT, it got smoked by the Ford V-10. Keep in mind that this test was about as even as it can get. This was even the 275 hp Ford, not the new 325 horse version. They were both regular cab, 2WD, auto's with 3.73's. The Chevy even had shorter tires (effectively giving it an advantage, gear-wise). The Ford won ALL acceleration tests. Not that acceleration is all there is to a truck, but I've had too many Chevy guys talk my ear off about those bad-a$$ 6.0 and those doggy V-10's. Wonder what they'll say now?
  • If the test proves true....what can they say???

The 6.0l GM is still a very good engine, especially for a small block v8 and still does very close to the same work with much greater fuel efficiency. I would never buy one to replace the "need" of a heavier and more torquey V10 or diesel truck though. Buy what you need and want is all it comes down to.
    Fuel efficiency is another story. I know V-10's can literally guzzle gas. I think the 6.0 has been doing a little better but still nothing great. You don't buy a 3/4 with 4.10 gears and big motor for the gas mileage, do you? The diesels are great but too dag-gone expensive unless you have to have one, IMO.
  • might be alittle closer when the 6.0 L in 2001 when they bump it up to 325HP and 370 ft/lbs huh????????

im sure the V-10 is a great engine, but damn it has 2 more cylinders givin it a ton more of torque...I for one never praised the 6.0 for that one test i think it was with motor trend, because it reality..torque does get the job done..but the 6.0 is a great engine for smaller heavy duty applications...i guess i will be sayin different things when the 8.1L is here....bye bye V-10!!!!!
  • I partly agree with you. All except the 6.0l's fuel economy. On a truck with as impressive of torque and hp figures it has, is still getting 14-15 mpg, some reported 16 combined driving. With a full load, it still is getting 11-13 mpg.

I would like to see a either V10 get better than 8-10 mpg with a full load. Over a haul, 2 mpg can make a big difference.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    up for my 6.0 here....but it's already been said that it takes a Ford V-10 to beat a Chevy V-8...

Thanks Ford guys...
    Appreciate you comments.
    - Tim
  • Laugh is the advertising that chevy has the most powerful v-8 in a 3/4 ton truck. Yes they do. But they forget to mention that Ford and Dodge offer V-10s that would kick their <@#$%. Stirrrrr the pot.
    Thanks Chevy Guys ....
    Bud:
    You might want to check out the following topics before you get off too much about MPG. #571 6.0 gas mileage and #1470 Superduty. There is no huge disparity like you claim. There are guys in both topics getting up to 16 with 3.73's on the highway and there are guys in both getting single digits with 4.10's loaded. Some of the lowest numbers on the Fords are coming from guys with 4X$'s with 4.30's, obviously. The mileage is very, very close when it comes to comparably equipped trucks. Not 2 MPG, more like a 0.5 at most, if any.

mgdvhman:
    You are right. 10 vs. 8 is not quite fair, but a win is a win. It is fair however when you consider that it is the biggest gas engine available from both, so it's biggest vs. biggest. At least until the 8.1. Then that wouldn't quite be fair the other way around, now would it?
    What about 5.4 vs. 5.3? That's 8 vs. 8 and we know who the reigning champ is as far as that goes.
    EVERY engine Dodge has ever made in masses has been a joke...so don't even throw them into the pot here....The only contest to ever take serious is Chevy and Ford....the ONLY contestants.

This is just a case of the leap frog game...Chevy has no V-10...so therefore they suffer in that catagory....they kick [non-permissible content removed] right now in Cab size..4 wheel anti's..integrated belts...head restaints..blah blah blah...
    It's been this game for years...one guy has this....next years...other guys have it...but also have that...next year all guys have that...etc..

Fact is the 6.0 is still the best Engine all around...hands down.
    For the super tiny bit more advantage here of a V-10...(kinda a ripp of to get 20% more engine with so little advantage and so much gas sucking)...you spend more for it and more on gas to gain such a small amount.
    There's the 5.3/6.0
    then there is a 5.4...and...uhh..DOHHH!

Once again testing a truck in a 1/4 mile as you would a car is just too much laughter for me..

...Course I'm used to laughing....as long as you keep mentioning Fords...that's all I need for laughter.
    You make yourself Blue now...

- Tim
    The 8.1 will still be a V-8....

Ford just can't seem to make a V-8 worth a damn I guess?

V-10's and Diesels by nature have more torque...so i guess they chose that route due to the lack of knowledge to build a good V-8?

Must be the answer...

GRRRRRRRRRR

- Tim
  • jcmdiejcmdie Posts: 595
    More people buying a 3/4 ton truck are cocerned with torque,towing capacity and payload. There may be a number of punk kids in the 1/2 ton trucks that think speed is important, but not in the 3/4 ton class. The only thing that silverado is winning right now is the record for number of consumer complaints in the first two years of a model year. Reading thru these boards I'd say we have a winner!
  • cdeancdean Posts: 1,110
    bigsnag

biggest vs biggest? No, Chevy still has the 454 out there in the C/K 3/4 ton package. that's Chevy's biggest. that was a test between Ford's #1 and GM's #2. GM's current top gas dog is the 454. almost identical power and mileage as the ford v10.

in august, 8.1 with Allison 1000 behind it. then lets talk...
    I have to hand it to you ford guys....You have watched the commercials real good. Seems you know every thing there is to know.
    Kids....what ya gonna do with them?
    And if you can find one post anywhere on this board where I give a hoot about MPG.....then you be da man. Also find a post where I say Power is no concern. You have a Bigsnag alright....in the brain somewhere!?

Me own a 6 banger?...that's a good one..

Ford fans too dumb to know the difference between a 6 cyl. and a 6.0.

..Can I say it once Blue??........Good luck on this one now!!

LOL

Run along now boys...

- Tim
    Good call.....these kids get to be obnoxious ..eh?

Just set them back in front of the TV so they can learn about trucks..

They read it!!...Must be true!

- Tim
    It's called being facetious. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word sometime. Remember F comes after E. I was demonstrating absurdity by being absurd. When I suggested that you must own a six cylinder, it was in reply to your statement about so little gain for such a gas guzzler. Fact is, it is a significant gain in exchange for minimal loss in MPG. "So much gas sucking", and I quote mgdvhman. I guess I am the man, now. Found that sentence only a few posts back. I think that bowtie cut off the circulation to your brain. "Good luck on this one now"??? Who are you, Rube?
    I guess you Do know it all then?

TV's must work then...

I guess MPG is my biggest concern....even though I have always stated I don't care about it?

HMMM

Kids learn more from TV then I thought?

Run along skippy..

- Tim
    It's "more from TV THAN I thought", not then. "Than" is for comparisons. You really do need to use that dictionary. Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have time to follow all your posts. Why would I want to keep up on the opinions of someone who is so ignorant. You might want to look that one up, too, before you get all mad thinking I called you stupid, or less intelligent. I guess I can't blame you for being mad. I'd be mad too if I just found out that a Ford, which I hate so much, could eat my lunch.
This discussion has been closed.