Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Aveo Accesories & Modifications

Comments

• Thanks for the info however, I'm losing power when this happens and always have to shift down on hills I use to go up in 4th gear. I'm at a loss with what to do...go the lemon law way or wait until the car doesn't run anymore...My 1st ever new and and this crap!
    Annette
  • Chevrolet has finally shifted over to the 2006 Aveo on their website. Go build one for yourself. Lots of new equipment/options: side air bags, cruise control, 15 inch alloy wheels, etc. Maybe some of these things can be retrofitted on previous models. There are also many accessories for Aveos. www.chevrolet.com/aveo
  • I want to install a cruise on my 05 5-speed aveo. I've seen one on ebay and wanted to know if anyone had experience with it. It is made by rostra. I want to know how the control stick is mounted and any other information.
  • Due to thr direct weight on the back of the car, You would be better off finding a small trailer for your bike. That way the trailer carries most of the weight. to adj. the toung weight just move your load forward for more toung weight and back for less.. I have seen 4 x8 for 150.00. with load max at 1500 lbs. customise it to fit your needs.. Just a thought for ya
  • nwngnwng Posts: 664
    it looks really cool. Somehow, the proportion kinda reminds me of the smart, like a big rollerskate. And I wish the smart is sold here
  • aveoaveo Posts: 1
    has anyone tried to get a cool air intake yet? I have a 2005 hatch back that I used pvc and some rubber hose with a cone filter. It worked great but I wouldn't go popin the hood, but the filter looks GREAT> :P
  • I have also found a FREE way to make the aveo look better!
    You can take off the Chevy badge in the grille and surrounding chrome for free. Here is what you do!
    1. Open hood
    2. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the 5 screws that hold the grille onto the front bumper and upper radiator support.
    3. Take the five screws off the back of the grille
    4. Unclip the four clips on the bottom of the grille.
    5. Screw the grille back onto the bumper and radiator support!
    6. Wipe your hands together in victory

looks good, takes one tool, costs nothing, and can be done in 15 minutes or less.
    to see what it looks like refer to my previous posting for the link to my Car domain Website to see it along with a lower grille that i temporarily installed on the bottom opening on the front bumper.
    Any Questions? ASK AWAY! :D
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,561
    You might enjoy this discussion:

Removing stickers, labels, decals, glue, sap...

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Awesome tip, I'll have to try that!
  • token1token1 Posts: 3
    I made the grill modification removing the chevy insignia and trim and it looks great. Now if I could find out what was the intended bulb for the little round difuser lens inside the headlight cluster. About two inches in diamter and clear. Amber would be about the only legal bulb in my state but something should be there. Dealer had no clue of what should be in that difuser lens?
  • Try a search under Aveo city lights in your fave search engine...looks to be a simple mod!? :shades:
  • I've not been able to find any....have you? :confuse: :confuse:
  • one of the links shows a new Daewoo Kalos (2004 era), which is the same as a Chevy Aveo, in a metallic green color and a bodykit on. It looked pretty sharp!

That would be way back in the Chevrolet Aveo thread here on Edmunds, probably in the Aveo hatchback thread. For the low price of the car it wouldn't be a bad option to have done, even aftermarket, but I would be concerned with the car's clearance abilities with a kit bolted on. :D

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

There's a link in this post but I think the lower body spoiler kit link has been updated:

chrisducati, "Chevy Aveo (hatchback)" #77, 20 Jun 2004 12:22 pm

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I'm working on a site with installation guides for modifications to the Aveo hatchback. I currently have up an install guide for automatic locks, and currently in progress with a dome light extender/dimmer mod. I'll also be putting up guides for cruise control, cold air intake, and anything else I decide to put on it as I get the money. Check it out and let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added. aveo.hobby-site.org :shades:
  • Love the lite mods on that site. Now I'm just researching an LED array in that back black panel over the license plate. I've installed the sylvaina cool blue headlites which really enhance the apearance of that cluster plus put out a nice beam short of spending a fortune on HID. As for adding 17" rims maybe in the future.I'm sure that would put quite the strain on the little clutch.
  • i'm looking for a kit for my 2005 sedan. not so much luck so far i'm talking to a guy at tuningshop.com.uk and has a kit except only the front spoiler fits. he is checking to see if the erst of the kit can modified. if anybody knows of or other mods fro this little sedan. let me know. thanks..
  • Thanks for the info. I also own a yellow 05 5-dr aveo and I am trying to decide the size of rims to put and I have also been searching the internet for prices on body kits and not that many companies sell them. :shades:
  • if you go to one of my previous posts and find my cardomain website then you will notice that i used that for a headlight neon. works pretty well.. the only problem is that when i drilled into mine, i lost control of the bit and went through the cover for that city light slot. but it still looks good and it can be fixed by just buying a new headlamp. anyways.. i just put a stick in it and let it glow with my underglows. so it is up to you what you want to do but i dont think using that as part of your signal system is a purposeful idea with the gigantic corner light that is already on the car. Be creative and use it for fog lights or something... the possiblilities are endlesss.... have fun kids... :shades:
  • www.gravanatuning.com has some interesting Aveo parts - some nicer (or at least more understated) front bumpers than the Razzi kit.

Trying to get a picture of the rear bumper from them.
  • Try looking at www.tirerack.com according to them you can put up to 17" on the vehicle I have 16" on mine and the razzi body kit. As a body kit website try www.razzi.com, www.gravanatuning.com.
  • first of all. if you know anything at all about rims tirerack.com in the most expensive place to shop. if you want rims with a good deal look a little deeper into the internet. i do like the body kits on gravanatuning.com but i have been looking at the www.Versusmotorsports.com page and the prices are more but they have 2 whole kits that arent even close to the razzi kit. and they dont require a "FALSE" exhaust output.
    you kids make up your minds but that speed kit is looking pretty good to me. :shades:
  • I have been driving a '05 Aven sedan for a few weeks now and while its not the first car I would burn $10,000 on, its a nice little car.

Once the serious suspension options become available, you can turn the little hatchback in a serious contender and be ready for when the modified Rio's, Accent's, Yaris, Scion's and Honda Fits when they come calling on you.

For mods -

I would look at H&R or Apex springs and a solid wheel and tire combo. I personally would go for the JDM effect and run some lightweight 15" wheels and super sticky Hankook or Falken rubber.

For starter mods, I like the Spectre modular CAI system until a smog legal option becomes available, maybe from K&N or AEM.

I would also upgrade the exhaust and add an underdrive pulley.

The engine is ripe for a small injection of nitrous, so your not forced to live in the 17 second zone when you visit the strip or when turbocharged xB's rev on you. You'll be ready for them.

When more parts become available, I feel the the Aveo will be a nice bargin and good entry level car for the compact tuner.

Good Luck out there...
  • :cry: :mad: :sick: no car, what is a man to do??
    the story goes like this.....
    i was going to pick up my sister, and end that trip after about three minutes, i hit the back side of some one, and did $5500 worth of damage to my car, i want my car back NOW!
    :cry: :sick:
  • i get my car back in a day or so, i went from bein mad at me self to be happy like when i sign paper on the thing :)
    Good; now you can start thinking about some mods for it instead of just getting it back to where it was!

Steve, Host

• randydriverrandydriver Posts: 262
    Glad to hear you are getting your's back soon. :D
  • tron299tron299 Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 AVEO LT Hatchback in "Spice Orange." :shades:
    Does anyone know if there is an add on chip for the engine's computer? Or is the engine too new for this to be out yet? I have tried to do a search on this but all I get are references to some sort of "chip" that you glue to the gas tank to give you better gas mileage. :confuse:
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014
    A national news magazine is looking to interview college students who has “pimped” out his/her ride Have you tricked out your car with big rims, outrageous stereos, wild paint jobs, spoilers, ground effects, neon lights, nitrous, the works . Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 9, 2006 by 5:00 PM PT/8:00 PM ET containing your daytime contact information and the make and model of the car you’ve “pimped” out.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.