Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Aveo Accesories & Modifications

Comments

• Just picked up a slightly used 2006 5 door. I'm looking at putting in remote locks with keyless entry as my model didn't have them. I've done the door job myself on a different car before so I know what's involved regarding wiring and actuator mounting, but am unsure how the hatch lock itself is to be done as it seems different than a door. I don't want a popup action, just want to be able to lock/unlock the hatch at the same time of the doors with the remote. Any suggestions?
  • flaaveoflaaveo Posts: 161
    Have you gotten it fixed yet? IF it is under warranty, and is a FACTORY system,not one you put in,...they HAVE to fix it. Period! It is part of the car..it is covered for 3 years/36,000 miles, period! Tell them that and dont back down. THEY might not do the radio work,they might out source it. BUT any problem is covered. They cant pick and choose what is covered and what they will and won't fix,as long as you have a warranty. IF you still dont get help. Call GM..and complain about this issue and you will get help. The number is in your owners manual. Remember,'The squeaky wheel gets the grease!' I complained about the problems had,and I got them all fixed, and got free oil change coupons for my troubles! They won't fix my tires wearing out so fast. BUT everything else..once I contacted GM and they contacted my dealer,my dealer kissed my butt everytime I came in!! Their attitude changed very fast once GM called them!
  • ltk2ltk2 Posts: 1
    what is d K&N air filter and iridium spark plugs parts number? i want to try .......
    Any parts store that sells them has the numbers to order them. OR has them in stock. OR you can buy the K&N on EBay now. I have seen these Iridium plugs for sale...but I went with Bosch Plus 4 plugs and think they are very good and my mileage went up by 1mpg after installing and it runs a bit smoother. But to each their own. I'm sure someone has the numbers if you must have them. BUT the parts store would have them to get them for you.
  • arjamesarjames Posts: 6
    I HAVE AN 2006 HATCHBACK LT. I HAVE ALREADY PUT A RAM AIR INTAKE FROM SCERET WEAPON R OFF OF RACINGLAB.COM AND IT MADE THE CAR HAVE MORE POWER FROM THE GET GO. IT ALSO MAKES THE ENGINE SOUND GREAT. NEXT I PUT A CARBON FIBER MUFFLER WITH A 4.5 INCH TIP. THE AMOUNT OF TOURQE WAS GREAT AND NOW THE CAR SOUND WONDERFUL. IM WORKING ON GETTING A BOTTLE OF NITOUS FROM NITROUS EXPRESS. ITS ONLY A 35HP SHOT BUT IM SURE IT WILL THROW YOU IN THE SEAT. I HAVE ALSO PUT H&R LOWERING SPRINGS AND 16INCH 6 SPOKE WHEELS AND BFGOODWRENCH G-FORCE Z RATED TIRES ON IT. THE CAR IS FUN. NEXT IS THE CARBON FIBER HOOD, BODY KIT, TINT, AND MOLDED VENT GUARDS. OH AND I PUT A 2000WATT 15 INCH SUBWOOFER IN IT AND IT POUNDS. I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE IS A SUPER CHARGER FOR IT AND THAT WOULD BE MY FINISHING TOUCH BESIDES A BIG BRAKE KITS FOR THE FRONT AND REAR. IF ANY ONE HAS INFORMATION PLESAE SHARE. THANKS A LOT AND ENJOY. YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "ITS MORE FUN TO DRIVE A SLOW CAR FAST, THEN DRIVING A FAST CAR SLOW."
    Where did you get it off of RacingLabs.com...I sure cant find this intake listed anywhere in their intake section. Got a part number?
    http://store.racinglab.com/wr-secret-307-163.html Copy and paste this web address into address bar. It should take you straight to it. I just went to the search and typed in 2006 aveo weapon r intake. The top link should take you straight to it, covering 2004 and up Aveos.
  • paco3paco3 Posts: 4
    I have a new spicy orange Aveo Hatchback. absolute love the car. I have a set of fog lights and horns for the car. I want to mount the lights in the lower bumper of the car. Since it's a base model, the two holes in the bumper are covered up with black plastic plugs. How the heck do you remove the plastic plugs??!! I found the screws that hold them in place, but just can't get to them, and I have small hands. Do I have to remove the whole bumper assembly???
    Now to the horns. How do I know which is the horn wire from the horn button?
    Any responses from anyone with experience is greatly appreciated. Thanx ---- Paco
  • paco3paco3 Posts: 4
    Does anyone have Wheels spacers on their Aveo? I see them advertised and was wondering if they affeft the handling of the car or if there are any safety issues when you install wheel spacers on the car. Thank you.
  • lorililylorilily Posts: 1
    About a yr ago, i almost rolled my Aveo (it went on one side,then dropped back down) I think it must have loosend the connections to my speakers. A few months later i went to turn up the stereo and it crackled, then nothing. My question is: How to get to the back of it, do i need to take the dashboard off?
    Funny you bring that up. I was actually thinking about just getting some for the front of my aveo. I was going to also change my 205/45/16r for some 215/45/16r. Just in the front, I'm keeping the 205s on the back to keep down on the drag. A few of my friends have put them on there rides and it made a big difference in the ride, handling, and steering of their cars. My reason for doing it is to get plenty of clearance when turning them huge tires all the way.
    In my seachers i have found that kyb shocks actually makes a set of rear shocks for the aveo. they are part# 343423. I was just wondering if anyone has purshed them yet and installed them. How do they affect the handleing of the car and how about the body roll. Does it stiften it up at all? My lowering springs, wheels, and tires did a hell of a number so just wondering. Let me know somebody.
  • akveevoakveevo Posts: 12
    I found some nice rims that fit the Aveo at www.tiresplus.com. Most are under $100.00 each. Getting mine done soon :)
  • randydriverrandydriver Posts: 262
    which ones are you getting?
  • akveevoakveevo Posts: 12
    I have a 2006 Aveo Sedan and I can't find any body mod kits either. :cry:
    Look on EBay. There is someone selling a body kit..for either the 5 door or the sedan. I am not sure which it is..I would not do it to my car. So I dont look to close at it. BUT I see it there all the time. I think the kit is made by a company called Rizzi?
  • tventtvent Posts: 17
    I want to try replacing spark plug and cables to improve mpg? Any suggestions on specific brands? Don't want the price to go to high, something affordable. Should anything else be replaced at this point as well?
  • vbitterxvbitterx Posts: 3
    I had the same problem when I hit a dip too hard. It losened the speeker wire but, like my life, it randomly fixed its self. But The dash is a [non-permissible content removed] to remove and you cant fit a hand of a child behind the dash. If you unscrew the top to the dash you can lift it to remove the front panel of the dash and get to the sides of the radio.. beyond that is a mystery.. I stoped. went to dealer.

Good luck
    On my 06 Aveo I changed my plugs and wires to high preformance parts. I got Magnecor Competition wires set and Bosh Iridium fuzion 4. I would also clean/replace the filter depending on if its stock or not. I can say that my tune up helps me to be able to dog the [non-permissible content removed] out of my car and still get 36 to 38 mpg all the time.
  • wave54wave54 Posts: 209
    Where did you get the wires from? Have had trouble locating any local auto shops that even carry them for this model. Ordered a set from Advance Auto, but they were incorrect.