Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Challenger 2008 and Later

Comments

• mopar_rickmopar_rick Posts: 16
    I would have to agree with shipo and think that eric8190 needs to put his glasses on. The Challenger is one of the most anticipated cars to come out in a long tme. It's been on the cover of numerous magazines. But, I guess that everyone is intitled to their own opinion, but if you read through the comments on this site, eric8190 is in the vast minority.

I've been counting down the days for the Challenger for a long time. I wish that we could get more information on it.
  • UM...ERIC8190,
    I AGREE AGAIN WITH MOPAR RICK , PUT EM ON . I JUST SEEM TO THINK THAT YOUR EITHER ANTI DODGE PRO FORD OR CHEVY AND PUTTING OUT FALSE SLANDER ON A TRUE ,YEAH , THAAATS RIGHT, TRUE MUSCLE CAR THAT WILL BE THEE HEAD TURNER OF THIS DECADE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU JUST PUT OUT HERE THAT SHOULD SIMPLY STAY WITH YOU. MUSTANG CAMARO OK NICE GOOD LOOKING CARS BUT YOU SHOULD DO SOME THINKING ABOUT THIS. OH BY THE WAY I'M NOT SHOUTING , I NEED TO LEARN MY KEY BOARD BETTER, ILL WORK ON IT. DON'T FORGET , YOU'D BE EATIN' SUSHI RIGHT NOW IF IT WASN'T FOR DODGE SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY, OR I'LL GIVE YOU A HISTORY LESSON, YOU CAN GIVE ME A KEYBOARD LESSON. PEACE OUT BRO! THANK YOU , HEY MOPAR RICK, SHES COMING MAN , REAL SOON, LATER
  • 2008 HXC Challenger / 1971 Hemi Cuda re-creation
    HXC Performance
  • C2456RonC2456Ron Posts: 58
    Although I do not totally agree with "eric8190", I have to say that the new "Camaro" is an awesome looking car, retro, yet very much updated, and will be a true performer! But as "js23rfc7" said in closing his Post, he'd come looking for the "ZO6 Vette's" and "ZL1 Camaro's" (which use the Corvette motors also), I sincerely hope he is prepared to watch their tail lights disappear into the horizon!

Granted I am NOT a MOPAR Man, but I am very Happy to see ALL these Muscle Car's return, it is really great that these true "Factory Race Car's" are hitting the street with a vengeance! But to think that this "Hemi Cuda" will ever come close to a "Vette", regardless if a "ZO6" or just a Plain Jane (IF there ever was such a thing:] LS2 or LS3 "Corvette", he will never see that happen! Nice Dream though! :D

Anyone of these "Corvette's" have withstood the test of time, are still around after 55 years, and are ALL (53 to 08) still Head Turners, and with just Bolt On after market performance parts, you can get a 400HP or 436HP "Vette" up to atleast 850HP, and I have seen some with upwards of 1000+HP! The "ZO6" is an animal of a different color, with it's 505HP stock factory configuration, I'm ALMOST afraid to think what this car is capable of in the right hands! So what he is saying just don't hold water!

I do like the new "Hemi Cuda", but please let's stay on THIS Planet, you will have a true Muscle Car but a Corvette it will NEVER be, or BEAT in looks or performance! I restored an '87 "Vette" and everywhere I went with that car, people would be getting whiplash from trying to get a better look when it was passing by, or parked!

My C6, Z51 "Vette" is up near 450HP, and I have had little trouble with anything I've comeup against! My plans are to get it up to 600HP, and stop there, which should not be too difficult with what's available now! But I DO wish him a lot of Luck with his new "Hemi Cuda", and if he proves me wrong, so be it! It will just be like the days of old, with "my car is faster then your car"! Those are the days I would really enjoy seeing all over again! Good Luck "js23rfc7", maybe we'll meet someday on a Track to show our stuff, I can only hope!!! :shades: :shades: :shades:

BTW: I have this text on my Driver's side rear view mirror: "Objects in this Mirror are Losing", and this always seems to be the case!
  • I THINK THE NEW CHALLENGER WILL SMOKE THE 2004 GTO.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,148
    and are ALL (53 to 08) still Head Turners

Yeah, but its what you do when you turn your head that counts. Some ('70s) make you turn your head and vomit. Some ('90s) make you turn your head and shrug your shoulders at seeing yet another vette. Some ('50s and '60s) actually grab my attention in a good way.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

"shipo", I will not even discuss that situation, as I really do NOT like the new GTO at all! It's nothing but a sedan, with a 6 Liter Engine, and is BUTT UGLY as sin! I think the designers had a "Brain Fart" when doing that vehicle over, and doubt they had any hopes of ever selling anymore then a possible 100 (1 hundred) units in the entire world! As the saying goes; "There's a Sucker Born Everyday", so I am sure they will sell atleast a few! As far as the "Hemi Cuda", I DO like it's looks, even though they didn't even attempt to make it look new, yet retro! I am sure that it WILL go quite well down the Quarter Mile, as most Hemi's do, and do a lot for Chrysler's image, back into the "Muscle Car Race"!

Did you see the after thought for the windshield washer? They placed the nozzle's halfway down the hood, and those plastic nozzle’s look awful for the lines of the car, if you want to call those lines, and left them Black, not even trying to hide them with the color of the car!!! I am willing to bet that the windshield washer's could wash the windshields of 1, possibly 2 vehicle's behind it, on a Highway!!! :cry: So you have no argument with me over that duel, the entire GTO looks more like a Pontiac G6, with a big motor and is a total after thought, bummer, PEROID!!!! :blush: :sick: :lemon:
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    I'm still trying to figure out how I got pulled into this Cuda vs. GTO discussion. :confuse:

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    qbrozen" There is no such thing as "JUST A VETTE"!!! That is why GM keeps it as their Flagship vehicle, only building 30,000 to 35,000 per year, with a few exceptional collector Vette's every now and then! I've owned 4 Corvette,s, ALL Head Turner's, and you would have to have owned one to even know the feeling! Not EVERYONE can or will buy a Vette (even though children as young as 8 or 10 years old would LUV to have one, and Dream of that day to come), it takes a special kind of person, just like it takes a special kind of person to buy a Cuda! BUT a Hemi Cuda will NEVER be a Vette, no way in H***!!! That is also the reason that most Vette's, from '53 to present time, are STILL out there, and driven on weekends, and some even as daily driver's!
    There is no such thing as "JUST A VETTE"!!!

But there is such a thing as personal opinion. They are a great performance bargain, no doubt. And I'd love to have a Z06 for that reason. But other than the 50s and 60s vettes, I don't find them attractive. On strictly appearance, 350Zs grab my attention far more.

by the way, 30k-35k cars a year is not that small of a number, especially for a flagship. In comparison, Subaru only sent about two-thirds that number here the first year of the WRX. I'm not sure of 350z numbers.

Sorry "shipo" if I got the name wrong, your name was in the header of the Post I read, so I replied! Please forgive me if there was a mistake!

C6Ron
    Sorry but ANYONE who would choose a piece of "[non-permissible content removed] Crap", over American has no taste in Car's at all!!! Just your and my opinion's! "Buy American", KEEP our people working, not the little guys that are taking all our jobs! Sure they have Plants in the US, but only pay about $10. an hour! You can have your "[non-permissible content removed] Crap", "Rice Rocket", I'll keep Driving my Corvette's, and they WILL last, and will always have people looking and asking how I did this or that, and telling me what a Great Looking car it is! And 15 years from now, mine will STILL be worth a lot of money, while the "[non-permissible content removed] Crap" will be scraped, and crushed, JUNK!!! Thank You!!! Just MY Opinion!!!
    thanks for the laugh, ron.

• shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    No worries. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • mopar_rickmopar_rick Posts: 16
    Thanks Ron for your comment. It made my Monday great and thanks for the new saying [non-permissible content removed] Crap for Scrap. I maybe a Mopar guy, but us American car guys have to stick together and get rid of this [non-permissible content removed] Crap. They think that they are pulling the wool over our eyes by saying that they employ Americans. Most of the profits go back to Japan. They use this money to brainwash us with all their advertising. I'm so nauseated seeing these freaking Toyota commercials. I'm glad that Ford beat them in initial quality this year. Talking about resale value, did you see the 1970 Toyota priced at 1 million dollars??? Oh I forgot, even if it was able to make it to 2007, they would have to pay to get rid of it.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Hello? Anyone read the discussion title here? Back on topic, please, or the posts get zapped. Muchas gracias.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• agc2007agc2007 Posts: 4
    I'm just entering this discussion, and agree. I don't know how this turned into a Plymouth versus Chevrolet feud. I look forward to the new Challenger. I enjoyed the concept car, even though I have concern about the curb weight. The Shelby GT500 hits the scales at more than 3,900 lbs. The new Camaro is projected to come in at 3,700. The Challenger is reported to hover around 4,000. Dodge engineers must find a way to cut back on weight. The whole idea of muscle cars was making the best out of the power-to-weight ratio.
    I don't know how this turned into a Plymouth versus Chevrolet feud.

Its the nature of the beast. Where there is an american muscle car, there is a feud. ;b

• At this point, I am less worried about weight than I am about whether this car is going to actually make it off the production floor.

I have been following this car since I first saw the prototype at the car show 2 - 3 years ago.
    It was/is to be available in the 2008 model year.

The first Red one with a Memi is mine. I am on a waiting list at 2 dealeships near me but they are clueless as to what the status of this car is.

Here is what worries me:
    I just got my October issue of Road&Track titled "Top 20 cars for 2008" and the Challenger is NOT mentioned anywhere.
    Obviously it would be near the top of that list so perhaps they know something we do not.

The Dodge website has a date of february,2008 but that is merely marketing fluff and I don't beliebve it for a second.

I am wondering if the fact that Cerberus took ownership of about 80% of Chrysler Group has put a wrinkle in production plans for this car.