Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Sonata vs. Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry vs. Ford Fusion

1131132133134135137»

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,685
    You should really call Hyundai they may give you a new car! I'm sure they would like to Enshrine that sucker somewhere.

Why? because its evidence of Hyundais quality? Many more hyundais have gotten many more miles than that.

Now please get rid of it and buy a New Sonata!!

Why? I want to see how much I can get out of it. I wonder if it can beat the 300k+ the Chevy got. Plus I got a Caddy for fun ;)

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• travlertravler Posts: 138
    No road side assistance? Who needs it if you have a good car? When's the last time you saw a Honda on the side of the road?

Rear disc brakes are standard on all but entry level models. Auto door locking will be on next years' models, I've heard. It's already on Civics, but frankly I don't give a damn. I can push a lock. Personally I'd rather know I made the choice.

I'd call Honda Customer Service about that horn. Sometimes you go beyond the dealer.
  • I haven't been impressed with their stock returns.
  • ctalkctalk Posts: 646
    They are simply losing their edge to Hyundai and Toyota. It is that simple.

I guess this statement won't apply presently, but possibly in the future. But you have to remember this is just a prediction. No one can tell the future accurately, it is simply a prediction that may, or may not be true.

I was just explaining to you that Honda isn't doing bad, as you seem to illustrate in your post.
    I'm not worried. Honda's aren't the most stolen in my part of the country. You'll notice that cars most stolen are also most sold in different areas around the US.
  • jpnewtjpnewt Posts: 71
    What's that have to do with buying a car? Does this mean you ate Krispy Creme's every day until the Atkins craze and then went strickley Protein? Jump off the bandwagon, remember in your earlier post your a Leader not a follower.
  • So is that why Acura's have roadside assistance? I guess they must break down alot. (Also roadside assistance covers flat tires and even blonds that run out of gas) I am quite sure even Honda's get flat tires.

They fixed the horn without charge after "alittle talking about it". If you know what I mean.
    Can't go by what's advertised. Only by what a buyer pays.
    Edmunds can help with these stats.
    Sometime for fun go to a used car lot and take a 10 year old Honda for a ride. One with over 150K.

You'll see what I mean.
  • Man I love Krispy Kreme they beat the heck out of Dunkin Donuts! (Taste wise that is, don't buy the stock!!!)
    Only one or two? :confuse:
  • Wow! that is revealing!
  • w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    travler wrote: "No road side assistance? Who needs it if you have a good car? When's the last time you saw a Honda on the side of the road?"

Last Saturday, a mid-90s Accord LX about to be placed on the wrecker's hook. But, it could also just be something totally unrelated to reliability? Come on guys, "any" car can break down, as cars are at the mercy of the owner's maintenance, or lack thereof.

One could honestly make the statement that all of today's cars (even the European and Korean makes) are far more reliable than those cars of the past. Remember the days of changing the plugs/points/condensor every 12K, and that's the least of it.
    Statistics...statistics.....statistics.

Overall...in the long run....over 15 years of history....these vehicles prove to have the least amount of mechanical failures. Get used to it.
    No road side assistance? Who needs it if you have a good car?

Cars do get flats, people do run out of gas, people still lock their keys in their car, batteries don't last forever.

When's the last time you saw a Honda on the side of the road?

Saw one today.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

Ok I will try that sometime. Maybe I'll give you a ride in my daily drive and you will see what I mean. Still runs great.

• Good point. This is more like what I think. I've sold 2 used Hyundais for very high prices to private parties. And they were glad to get such nice cars for the money they paid too.
  • ctalkctalk Posts: 646
    I haven't been impressed with their stock returns.

Really?

I just checked, today's closing price is 28.94 US. The 52 week Range: 23.75 - 30.36. Of course, Honda's market cap may not be large compared to Toyota. For a relatively small company, Honda is doing well.
  • Actually in Sep they were at 26 and now they are about 28 (just shy of 29). OK - not great.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    We're wrapping this one up. We're not getting anywhere productive, and, regardless of what some of you seem to believe, this discussion is not here for people to attack others and go all over the place away from the topic.

Thanks for your participation - see you around the Forums -- I hope in a more civil environment.
This discussion has been closed.