Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

13»

Comments

• blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    There is no difference of any consequence between the '06 and '07 models.

I question your use of the word "investment". Cars, since they do nothing but DEpreciate, are not investments. They can never APpreciate, except for true antiques, and are therefore only expenditures. If you are not concerened with depreciation (related to resale or tradein value) it makes sense to purchase the lower cost vehicle.
  • noctisnoctis Posts: 4
    Well, I suppose I use the term "investment" loosely. I use it in the sense that I'm looking to invest into my future. Investment being an expenditure that is usually a larger sum than an average expenditure that would make do in an average manner. I understand that cars don't go up in price.
    Am I right to think that in the idea of using a car for 10+ years depreciation doesn't make a difference?
    Also, if the '06 car was made in '05 and has been sitting on the lot until today, does anyone think that the car has the same potential to last as long as a brand new '07 that comes off of the assemply line this week?
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    The 2006 car was, virtually without a doubt, made in 2006. Ask for someone at the dealership to show you the metal plate, attached to the vehicle, with the build date embossed on it.

The 2007 vehicle could have been built a couple of months after the 2006. Reading the plates will tell. Since there are virtually NO DIFFERENCES between the two model years, one will last as long as the other. But, one should cost quite a bit less.
  • Hi Edmonds Members:

Take-Delivery This Coming Week:

Well there have been different ones of you that wanted to know what I was doing. I have been trying to purchase a 2007 HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid) for the past Two-Weeks. There were 3-In this Zone when I started the Negotations with my local dealer. When the Final-Numbers were (Agreed-Upon) there was {1-Left} PERIOD. After two days of calling the dealer in Ga. to dealer trade for it, finally the dealer called back and agreed to trade and release the HAH. So talk about the Last-Moment.

I traded in my 12K mile HCH II that most of you have seen Pics of and Threads/Post about on GH & www.CleanMPG.com

It was a very nice Hybrid and it did get some Great FE. It was Loaded with Every-Honda-Factory-Option.

What it was not ever going to do in my or your Life-Time was be FAST or anything resembling Fast. Sorry HCH I & HCH II Owners. But that is the TRUTH and if you own either model you adjust to it's Capabilities. Most of the time it is not a Problem. But believe me it is a Major Problem In Heavy Traffic, Multi-Lane Interstates with Traffic running 75-85 MPH and all over the place. Makes one or me a little Nervous.

So when I read that the 2007 HAH was going to be the (Very-Last-Year) I decided to get off my butt and make the move. I have driven the HAH's many times over the past yrs. I Love the way the car runs and handles. It is Quiet and you can get out of Harms-Way when Necessary.

Another thing that I wanted was "White" on the "Outside" and a Light Color on the Inside. It has been like in the low 100 plus Degree Temps here and going to be this coming week. I want COOL.

Another thought comes to my mind regarding my decision on the HAH. I also was going to consider the Honda E-XL V-6 with Nav. But I looked at the numbers for FE and what people really got for their FE that owned it. So decided to go with the HAH for these reasons.

Fuel Economy for a High-Performance Vehicle
    Its Horsepower
    IMA Assist
    Ability to shut down 3-of-the-6 Cyclinders for Economy
    Right Size Car, Not too big, Not too small
    Very Quiet Engine
    Very Quiet Interior
    Love the Appointments in the Interior
    Fit & Finish get a Plus 10
    I like the Dual-Exhaust w/Chrome-Tips
    I like the 3rd Brake-Light Design
    I like the HAH only Brakelights, Very Nice
    Honda Nav gets a Plus-10
    Dash gets a Plus-10; Very Easy to Read
    Outside of HAH is just a KNOCK-OUT Appearance to me
    Hey let's not (Forget) the "outside-Mirrors" with Turn Indicators
    Dual-Purpose Hybrid= Performance & FE=Driver Picks Which

Also thought about the Lexas 450h. I got to drive one at Hybridfest 2006. What a car !!!!!!!!! Talk about Performance in a Hybrid. So what put the Binders on ???? Two-Things:
    (1) Price, Double the HAH
    (2) No Fe Period, HAH can get FE if you want it

Already spoke of the Honda EX-L V-6. Nice car but not very good FE compared to the HAH, IMO

Just to mention a few things here on this Post.
    The HCH II I had did not seem to work right with the IMA System. Dealer Replaced the ECM/PCM you Pick. The CVT IMO was not working Correctly. It seemed to kinda pause when held wide open to Accelerate. I drove a New 2007 HCH II and it did not operate the same as my HCH II. So with me saying that, I decided since the HCH II had only just reached the 12K in mileage it was time to make a move. The CVT's might be just fine but in all Honesty I think (I-Know) I prefer a more Normal Trans. Like the HAH has. I think there is room for Improvement on the CVT's from all manufacturers, Honda included. Never told anyone this but I was on the Interestate driving one morning and all of a "SUDDEN" everyone {STOPS} !!!!!!!! No the HCH II did not {STOP}. Well not behind the vehicle directly in front of me. Thankfully I am still pretty darn quick with my Reflexes and went to the Left-on-The-Shoulder and Stopped. What I am saying is this. IMO the HCH II does not STOP real Quick.

So that is another reason I traded it off:

The comments I have made here are not intended to get any Member on the "War-Path" that happens to own the HCH I or HCH II. I am talking about {ME} only and why I made the decision to Purchase the HAH. What I hope that does not take place on this Thread is a (BATTLE) between the HAH Owners and the HCH Owners. I was asked what and why I was trading the HCH II. My replies are Honest, but do not Represent other HCH Owners. Enough-Said !!!!!!!!!

The HAH is Premium-White-Pearl W/Ivory Leather Interior.

(1) Mud Guards
    (2) Fog Lights
    (3) Premium Floor Mats
    (4) Auto-Dimming-Mirror
    (5) Sylvania 9005SU BP TWIN Silverstar Ultra, Twin Pack

Sylvania 9006SU BP TWIN Silverstar Ultra, Twin Pack

Here are Pics made this morning of my New 2007 HAH with Nav. It came in Last-Night to Darrell Waltrip Honda in Franklin, TN. Part of the Hendrick Group.

These were taken with my Cell-Phone. Better than nothing: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/showthread.php?t=14858

tigerhonaker
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    So what was the price?
  • $18,000.00 For my HCH II
    $12,800.00 Difference

$30,800.00 Total plus Tax, Title Etc.

HAH has Nav; fog-lights; premium mats; mud-guards; auto-dimming-mirror

4.9% interest 60-Months
    Thanks. Hope you enjoy your car.
  • Your Welcome. :)
    Are you looking to purchase one ??

I was just Lucky and got the Last one here in our Region.

Terry
    Thanks,no. I was just curious as to the amount they were discounting them.
  • I work for a Acura Dealer so my Discount would not more than likely the same for another person not in the business.

Terry
  • I've found a new '07 HAH w/o NAV still available a short drive away. I'd been considering a new '08 Accord EX-L I4 sedan but must admit I'm intrigued with the Hybrid (I commute 70+ miles a day). Has anyone recently (say, in 2008) scored one of these and, if so, what price did you get?
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,863
    " I'd been considering a new '08 Accord EX-L I4 sedan but must admit I'm intrigued with the Hybrid (I commute 70+ miles a day)."

If your commute is all highway (or around 90%), the Accord may yield similar gas mileage to the 2007. The Accord I4 is very fuel efficient, and it is far more aerodynamic on the highway.

If you have a lot of in-town driving (not short trips), the FEH may be a better solution.
  • personatechpersonatech Posts: 101
    I figure my driving runs 20/80 to 40/60 city/highway (it's a seasonal thing). At this point, it's moot - that particular HAH has been sold although there are a few used examples in the area which I hope to test drive soon.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,031
    A reporter would like to talk to consumers who are in the market for (or have recently purchased) a Honda as a result of high gas prices. Please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information, as well as your current vehicle and the Honda you have purchased or are considering no later than Tuesday, June 10th.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    A reporter would like to talk to consumers who are in the market for (or have recently purchased) a Honda as a result of high gas prices. Please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information, as well as your current vehicle and the Honda you have purchased or are considering no later than Tuesday, June 10th.

Thanks,

Jonathan Wahl
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• slbnsnslbnsn Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 HAH with 65k mi. w/o nav. Car is in excellent condition. Beautiful leather and wood trim. The current owner purchased it Honda Certified Used 9 months ago and put 35k on it. Its high mileage, but I'm pretty confident a majority of it is highway, and he's got a 100k mi warranty bumper to bumper from Honda. Asking $17k. Is this a good deal?

I drive between 250 and 300 miles per week, about 60%highway/40%city

Prius is too expensive and the ones I can find under $20k aren't nearly as equipped with as many bells and whistles as this HAH. MPG isn't even close to being the same, I know, but I know it will be better than an Acura or Volvo or VW.

I'd go with a used new gen HCH but leather isn't an option and I won't buy a car with cloth again.

Thanks for any advice advice!
  • emmy6emmy6 Posts: 4
    I can't say its a bad or good deal since I really don't know the condition of the car 1st hand. I will tell you that I paid $24K in Nov for a 2006 w/ just over 7K. Other than the mpg for a hybrid ( average 25mpg-50/50 hwy/city but have gotten up to 37 mpg straight hwy on cruise control @ 70 mph) I am very really happy with the car based on the overall handling and comfort. I carpool with a co worker who drives a Prius that averages 41 mpg and wouldn't trade my HAH for her Prius's lack of comfort (seat are really awkward) and overall quality. I know several others who drive the standard Accord and swear by them. I only purchased the HAH at the time due to the deal considering I was getting the sunroof and leather seats (must have on my list). Otherwise I would have been happy with the standard 4 cylinder. :surprise: Hope that helps.
    "I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 HAH with 65k mi. w/o nav. Car is in excellent condition. Beautiful leather and wood trim. The current owner purchased it Honda Certified Used 9 months ago and put 35k on it. I"

Why is the previous owner getting rid of it after only 9 months?
  • slbnsnslbnsn Posts: 2
    can't afford the payment on it.
    "can't afford the payment on it. "

Arrange to take it to the local Honda dealer and have them check it out, preferrably to the same dealer who serviced the vehicle.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    As an owner of a 2005 HAH I've liked it. I have noticed the used prices creep up about 10% with the gas prices which is a nice bonus.
13»
This discussion has been closed.