Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

xkssxkss Posts: 722
Lots of Z06 info here

New Corvette Z06

The new Z06 is now rated at 505 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque

check here

New ratings

Here is an in-depth article about the LS7

New LS7

Check here for the Z06's floor panels

Flooring it

A video of the hand-built LS7

small block

Check out the factory Corvettes in racing

racing

Check here for red and black Z06s

(They aren't production cars)

Red and black Z06s

Aluminum chassis and other cool stuff

Comments

• Great page xkss. Thanks for sharing.
  • xkssxkss Posts: 722
  • starrow68starrow68 Posts: 1,142
    From the Edmunds article:
    " ... run the quarter-mile in the mid-11-second range and top out at 190 mph."

I don't go to the drags much but I seem to remember that in the 13's you needed a helmet, in the 12's they wanted more safety gear and if you got to the 11's you had to have a full roll cage. Don't know if this was local or something that might apply everywhere. With me driving I don't think the 11's would be a risk, based on my times in the C5.
    Randy
    Only 199 Corvettes were ordered with the Z06 package for the 1963 model year.

check the links

Z06 one

Z06 two

BTW, thanks for the Z06 history links.

Yesterday I got to see the new Z06 at the Sonoma Grand Prix practice day, sorry no pics but I'll try to get a link later. Impressions, it was in the shade under a tent right next to a C6 coupe and the wider stance is noticable and really looks like a race car that is on steriods. The only surprising thing was the wider body seems to have left more room beside the headers than in either the C6 or the C5 Z06, I'm guessing for better heat dissapation, but I could be very wrong. The tires are massive, the brakes look like they will stop a truck, or something going 150mph, ;) and the interior is good looking but I really didn't focus on it.

I talked to two of the instructors from the Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in Parump, NV that I had met when taking a class almost 2 years ago who had driven up in a current Z06 and a Z51 C6 and they noted that since interest in taking classes in the new car was so high that they would be looking to get them, when available. I expect there will be waiting lines at most volume dealers for at least a year.
    Randy

http://racebeat.com/Infineon2005.htm

Look at second of 4 pics and notice the flare from the top of the fender to the lip on the first and second cars in line.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Absolutely hot!

M
    The official time for the new Corvette Z06 at the Nurburgring is 7:43.

Nurburgring
  • sensaisensai Posts: 129
    I don't go to the drags much but I seem to remember that in the 13's you needed a helmet, in the 12's they wanted more safety gear and if you got to the 11's you had to have a full roll cage. Don't know if this was local or something that might apply everywhere.
    Helmets for 13s and below. Used to be roll cage needed for 11s and below, but they changed it recently so you do not need a cage unless you are faster than 11.5. Those are, I believe, IHRA rules which most dragstrips follow.
  • llumpirellumpire Posts: 5
    Anyone seen the Interior/Exterior Color Options yet. Hope they have something to make this car even more special.
  • gbjerkegbjerke Posts: 158
    A bit of memory here, but black, red, silver, Lemans blue at $300 and yellow at $750 and an orange which I am waiting to see in real life.
    Memory again, but I think there are 3 interior choices...black obviously; then I think maybe the mod red and I think a silver/black combo.
  • The orange is Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic which is an availible color in the 05 C6's. Your 3 interior choices are Ebony, Ebony/Titanium, and Ebony Red
    Check the link

New Corvette Z06's aluminum chassis

The article says that the 2006 Z06 has 505 hp which is false. It has 505 hp.
    Recent rule changes in the GT1 class of the American Le Mans Series should make for a great race this weekend at Road America.

Check the first two links dated 7-15-05

link one

link two

The two Corvette C6-Rs will carry an additional 55 pounds at Road America.

55 pounds
    The new Z06 has a top speed of 198 mph.

The new Z06's Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar EMTs are speed rated to 205 mph on the test track.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    Rolled up to the Woodward Dream Cruise last Thursday and got passed by a new red Z06 with plant plates on it heading north near Toledo. The hood scoop caught my eye as he came up on me in the next lane over. May have been someone going up to give a presentation to the Corvettes at Woodward event run by the Museum. I only got a sideways glance at the driver as he passed, but it looked a little like Dave Hill who I met a couple of months ago at the Museum. I was driving my Chrysler 300M [for the same event at Woodward] and doing about 70 mph, and he eased by me doing about 75-80 and although I thought about catching up, I decided that Ohio was not a good state to go quite that fast so I just watched as he struggled with the traffic for a while and then he was gone. Would have liked to have caught him at a gas station but no luck. :shades:
    The European-spec C6 Z06 has 511 (DIN) hp.

check the link

New Z06
    Johnny O'Connell, Ron Fellows, and Oliver Gavin are three of the four factory Corvette Racing drivers.

Johnny O'Connell

Oliver Gavin

Ron Fellows
    from the latest Motor Trend

Skidpad = 1.02 g

This car is going to own so many sports cars/sedans it is hilarious!

:shades:
    I think the new Z06 is the coolest Corvette since 1967.
    having see one and the impression it gives just sitting, I can't imagine what it will be like to drive one. Expect my determination to sit on the money will be overwhelmed by what it has to offer, amazing bang for the buck.
    Randy