Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Entourage 2007+

Comments

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,618
    If the IIHS tested the Entourage, we should see a release from the IIHS on that any day now, and the results posted on iihs.org.
  • estoesto Posts: 136
    The article is a press release from Hyundai, not IIHS. Don't expect any activity on the IIHS site from that.
  • jaminejamine Posts: 1
    http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=115

Hyundai Sonata
    1999-2005 models
    results also apply to: 2001-06 Kia Optima (mfg. before Oct. 2005)

FRONTAL OFFSET TEST
    OVERALL EVALUATION: A
  • Here is something cool... I had a 2003 Kia Sedona minivan and in November I got asked to do a 6 hours market research test. I got to test drive 4 new minivans that were to be put on the market by various manufactures in 2007. All the minivans were masked off so that you couldn't tell what manufacturer they were. I figured out most of them by the body styling and they way that they handled. Of the four vehicles that I drove, and scored for performance, style, sportiness, appearance of exterior, interior, price, value, options, warranties, economy and safety, the Entourage was my clear choice. I literally fell in love with this vehicle. Two months ago my husband found a great deal on a 2005 Sedona EX (we had an '03 LX we payed $12,900 for new) and traded ours in getting a $29,000 van for just over $16,000 because they had to get rid of the 05's. I really want an Entourage when they come out, but I may have to wait a few years because of the recent trade in, but I will encourage everyone I know to test drive the Entourage when it is released :shades:
  • vanfor3vanfor3 Posts: 14
    Does anyone know why the Entourage tops out at over $33k, while the Sedona with the same options is over $2k less? Everything I've read here indicates that they are identical, except for front and rear cosmetics and the option of faux metallic trim instead of faux wood trim. I'm hoping the Entourage has some features included that the Sedona does not?

Thanks
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    I know on the Limited trim of the Entourage, heated seats and HomeLink are included, maybe other features...(maybe also the Hyundai Hideaway (TM) j/k :) )

Specific pricing with options came out?? I've only seen the press release with the starting base price for each trim. But, 33k loaded makes sense in this class...

Just visited hyundaiusa.com, and the banner at the bottom of the page says the 2007 Entourage is available NOW :)
    Thanks. Yes, kbb has the options and pricing up, and a local dealer said they should be here very soon. As for those options, the loaded Sedona also has heated seats and homelink, so I'm still hoping the Entourage has something else to offer or differentiate it for $2k more, otherwise the choice will be easy.
    I saw 2 Entourages on my way to work this morning. They're on the Beaverton Hyundai lot here in Beaverton Oregon.
  • mike91326mike91326 Posts: 244
    I think to some degree you are paying for the Hyundai name.
    You are probably right. I expected that, just to a much, much lesser degree.
  • philliplcphilliplc Posts: 136
    lol i was also driving by there (beaverton) early sunday morning the 23rd and saw those and had to take a look. one was unlocked so i sat in it for a few minutes. other than cosmetics couldn't tell the difference from sitting in the 06 sedona.
    I wonder how many people that will come in to look at the Entourage at Beaverton Hyundai realize that they can walk 20 yards and see the same van with a different nameplate next door.
  • shreddershredder Posts: 11
    The funny thing here in Canada, is according to the Kia website (kia.ca), the Sedona does not come with a DVD player or MP3 on the stereo.

I've never actually been to a Kia dealership to check if they are options, but they are not listed anywhere on the Kia website.

Shredder
  • larry1135larry1135 Posts: 43
    I'm waiting to see if they offer rebates.

I did see 2 SE's at my near by dealer. One of them was going for 30k.
  • golddog1golddog1 Posts: 13
    Dealer contacted me to say he just got in 2 Entourages. 1 SE and 1 Limited. The Limited stickered at $33,620. I asked him why the Entourage is so much more than the equally equipped Sedona. He stated that Hyundai has always been the higher end product and that it is larger and more refined. The only differences I see are cosmetic. Also, it stinks that for those of us that do not need a DVD are forced to pay extra to get the Ultimate package.
  • hrngffcrhrngffcr Posts: 90
    I believe that's one dealer I would count my fingers after I shake hands. Just because something has "always been the higher end" product is no reason for a higher price. That the Entourage is bigger is baloney. And I would see if the dealer can define and delineate "more refined".

The Entourage does have a two year longer rust warranty, it has a little lower horsepower and a little higher torque, and some have said the fit and finish may be a little better with the Hyundai, but, from talking to a Hyundai rep at the auto show, reading forums, and my personal inspection, you pretty much choose one over the other based on which front end you like better.
    Ask your dealer why Spectras cost most than Elantras and why Rio5s cost more than Accents. ;)
    I don't know too much about those cars really, are the Spectra/Elantra Rio5/Accent as identical as these minivans? And exact apples to apples are they also $2k more?
    My post was regarding the comment from the dealer that Hyundais are a notch above Kias so they cost more. That is not true in some cases, e.g. Spectra costs more than comparably-equipped Elantras, and Rio5 costs more than any Accent. So I suspect the dealer was giving you a line.