Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Wave and Meet the Owners

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,015
    "If you can spin a good yarn or dream up a good-looking vehicle, you may have a crack at these Jeep contests."

Jeep Partners With Miller Lite in Custom-Vehicle Giveaway
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,015
    And no, I'm not fishing for WWII punchlines. :P

Hello, Mudda: Euro Camp Jeep

• Has anyone swapped a diesel into their Wrangler or CJ? I'd love a 30 MPG vehicle like that!
  • cdrahoscdrahos Posts: 3
    Hey, I got your comment on the other diesel page. If you are interested we are starting to do diesel conversions in customers cars. As you read before we installed the Cummins on mine and it has been running perfectly. We have geared it way lower to 3.50 gears so 5th gear actually means something now. We run 35" tires on it which help it go about 70-75 mph on the highway. It's getting about 28 mpg around town and about 30 on the highway. I'm actually in PA outside Philly, in a town called Harleysville. Let me know if you have any questions
  • Hi, Thanks for the info. I just bought www.ebay.com item # 170141115406 - It has a 6 cyl Cummins. Scroll down a bit to see about 10 nice pic's.
  • Hey cdrahos,
    I live in PA and I'm very intereted in a diesel Wrangler that gets 30mpg hwy. The only thing that's stopped me from getting a Wrangler as my primary mode of transportation is the 15-16mpg that they get. My 4x4 Dakota gets the same. I've been looking to buy one but wanted to see if anyone had done a conversion to diesel. Have you done many others? I have a friend that lives in Paoli. If I knew I could have this done, maybe I'd look for a Wrangler with a bad engine somewhere near there. Only prob is I don't know much about diesels. I'm looking for better mpg and a longer lasting engine, not so much for torque and rock climbing. I like the idea of the VW Turbo diesel 4's. Some of them get like 40mpg. Probably wouldn't get that in a Wrangler with it's brick like areodynamics. Get back to me, I'd like to see/hear about what you've done.
  • Hi all;

My name is deirdrebeth and I'm now (as of two days ago) the proud owner of a 2004 2.5L Wrangler. I'm based out of San Jose, CA and am really looking forward to some off-road driving! I have a friend who hang glides and the road up to the jump point is impressive.

I'm glad this site is here as I'm SURE I'm gonna end up with questions.

:)
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Welcome aboard, Deirdre! Be sure to check out the Jeep Wrangler discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Hi,

My 93 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L wouldn't start this morning. It will try to turn over but won't actually start. I had this same problem almost exactly 1 yr ago and it was the ignition coil. I would like to try to replace it myself this time so does anyone know where it is located and how I would go about doing that?? :sick:
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You may be able to get some help in Jeep Wrangler Maintenance and Repair Questions (up to 1996).

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • yjbobyjbob Posts: 56
    In my 1995 YJ 4 cylinder, the ignition coil is on the passenger side of the engine. Follow the center wire back from the distributor (the can/cylinder-shaped object that has 6 wires coming from the "rim" and a single wire coming from the center). The coil has one thin wire and one fat wire IIRC.
    Many other things could be wrong - tidester's suggestion leads you to other owners who have had similar symptoms and different causes.
    Good luck.
  • Hello-
    Where did you get that frameless top?
    Looks awesome!
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    That's a Viking Fastback top.

-Paul
  • goducks1goducks1 Posts: 432
    Nope. It's a Rock Gear (Farmington, NM) frameless top. Doesn't use the door surrounds like the Viking top. That said, I'm not sure Rock Gear is still around. I had heard they'd closed up shop, but I've also heard they've re-opened.

Gonna be hard top weather here soon enough. Trying to get those last few topless days in.
    Picky picky. :)

I heard Viking had some issues and stopped production for a time, but not sure if they restarted production yet.

-Paul
  • goducks1goducks1 Posts: 432
    The Viking top actually looks to be the better design--you have to roll the windows into pouches on my top, but the Viking top windows just lay on the top and get covered with a second layer. Probably much faster. I do like that there are no door surrounds on mine, which is a cleaner look top-down.
  • I have a question will a 1980 cj7 hard top and full steel doors fit a 1980 Wrangler?
    Thanks
    Tony
    Wranglers didn't exist in 1980. :)

If you meant 1990, I've heard that the CJ tops will fit on a YJ (with square headlights), but have never seen it done personally.

-Paul
  • tonyt2tonyt2 Posts: 2
    Paul, thanks for the info I typoed yes it is a 90 Wrangler
    thanks again
    Tony
  • Hi all i am Jay from North Carolina. Am new to Jeeps but have wanted 1 all my life. Just got luckey and got me a 2004 TJ. Has 31s and the rest is stock. Any help on mods would be great.">