Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Wave and Meet the Owners

12345679»

Comments

• erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Keep in mind, the TJ hard top IS just fiberglass and there really isn't a whole lot of reinforcement for support...

I'd personally go with a cage/rack that mounts OVER the hard or soft top, being supported by the windshield pillars and legs running to the rear tub. Something like this:

or

Pictures from http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?pr=Jeep_Congo_Cage_Racks but you can find these in quite a few shops.

-Paul
  • I finally purchased a 2010 Wrangler after waiting for over 30 years to get a Jeep. I fell in love with a high school friends Jeep Honcho after he took me out to a local mudhole. I have never been able to afford one until now and the stock wheels and tires 255/75R17 are nice on the road, but not exactly how I want it to look. I am not a serious off roader, but want to get some wheels and tires that are more aggressive, matte black wheels. I have been looking online, but I am no expert and really at this point don't want to put in a lift kit, yet. Any suggestions, good websites? Thanks!!
  • ladyblueladyblue Posts: 326
    Hi Everyone,
    After many years of Jeep-envy, I'm about to take the plunge. I'll probably be getting a Sahara Unlimited, due to needing the 4 doors. I used to be a Host here at Edmunds, so I know my way around negotiating a good deal. Right now what I'd like to do is talk to other owners and get some real-life info on this vehicle.

So...Hello and Goodbye - I'm off to the other topics to get more information!
  • busman01busman01 Posts: 46
    I am sure you will enjoy your Sahara. I purchased a 2010 2-dr Sahara in September with all the goodies and am really having a good time with it. It has served me well off road, and with the Siris and Nav/Bluetooth/Voice Recognition suits my needs around town and on short trips.

The only upgrade I made was upsizing the tires just a bit.

It is a 6-speed amnual that had the popping out of 1st issue. This was resolved when my retailer swapped out the interior shift boot. It hasn't happened since then (4 months/5k miles).

I read all this bad press about Chrysler and the trickel down to its other brands but quite frankly, I don't see it. My Wrangler meets or exceeds my every expectation.

Enjoy.
  • ladyblueladyblue Posts: 326
    I've had 3 Chryslers in the past 6 years...a PT Cruiser and two T&C vans. No problems with any of them. I also had a Dodge Ram 1500 that I owned for 5 years with no problems, either. While I'd probably stay away from the Jeep "soccer mom" cars like the Cherokee or Liberty, I believe that the Wrangler series have proven themselves.

Where I live, you see a LOT of Wranglers on the road, mostly the 2-door versions. I have two VERY big dogs, so I really need the 4 doors. Around here, a Jeep is the best vehicle for our tough winters and top-down summers.

I'm glad you were able to get your problems resolved. I'm looking forward to posting in the near future with some brags about my new Jeep!
    No input for the JK, but I'm still preferring the TJ's. Aftermarket support is a LOT cheaper for parts on the TJ than the JK, but as the JK is out longer, it'll get better... I hope.

-Paul
  • grizzly6grizzly6 Posts: 5
    I have alway's liked jeep's I have a 2005 jeep wrangler tj with a hardtop 4 banger 6 speed and I love it I live in N.H. and we have a lot of snow some time's I just get in and'go my wife has a vw, I alway's drive my wrangler.

Gordon Nelson
    Center Ossipee
    N.H. :)
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,807
    edited July 2011

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,140
    That reminds me of my '76 CJ-5.. :)

Fatter tires, a roll bar and a custom bumper, and you'd be right there!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,807
    edited July 2011
    I picked that pic because it reminded me of my '74. :shades:

Mine had a roll bar but otherwise looked very similar.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ourjeeplifeourjeeplife Posts: 44
    edited May 2012
    I was running low on oil last night and I told my wife I'd take her to work.. Once I dropped her off, I headed for Walmart.. There I grabbed two qts of motor oil and headed for home.. But along the way, I stopped at Valvoline Instant oil change station. These guys have always been good if not better then most "jiffy" type places..

They checked the Jeep out for me. Crawling in and out under and even on top.. Giving the Jeep clean bill of heath.. The reason for this.. is because we've only had this Jeep since Monday the 30th.. I'd rather you read the rest via my blog page.. It was very touching what I discovered at home while cleaning and removing the carpeting..

http://travelstrekstrails.tumblr.com/post/22386147820/honoring-a-fallen-hero

I'll have more stories and some exciting news to share with all my readers in the next few weeks..
    Update: URL Correction:

http://travelstrekstrails.blogspot.com/2012/05/honoring-fallen-hero.html

I've gotten a few sponsors to tag along.. So you do the same..
    Apparently something or someone just doesn't want me to post this blog entry.. or that the blog site keeps shutting down and or my page is removed.. So I've elected to create my own groupsite page.. thus allowing others (like minds) to join in the conversions.

So hopefully for the last time:

http://travelstrekstrails.groupsite.com/post/ode-to-a-fallen-hero
    I can't get any of the links you posted to work at all. Keeps saying page not found.

-Paul
  • Hello everyone,

My name Anthony Martello, a very new member to this forum. I have a special interest in Vehicles: Motorcycles: Parts and Accessories. I found this forum very informative and I am really very excited here to take part in discussions. Hope you will contribute your ideas and support me in my mission.

Best regards
    Anthony Martello
    edited October 2013
    Welp.. here is just a few updates on our current 08 Jeep Wrangler.. Finally found a name for her; Angry Red Bird, Swapped out our old Mud Terrain tires for a set of Goodyear sr-a's, Took a trip through 7 states in less than two days.. Drove through the New River Gorge... wasn't as easy as I recall and I worried the whole time about those tires.. Tried (several times to create a jeep club) and lastly.. after returning to Maryland.. The dreaded check engine light came on.. Turns out it was the Cat Convert.. Yeah! covered under the Fed Emissons 8 year or 80,000 miles.. So got a new Cat and while they had our jeep.. they corrected a past recall.. Brake line issue.. Now If I could just find soemone that could help us out with a new muffler and/or new shocks.. So hows your year going?.. :p
  • While on our travels.. (through 7 states) we've took notice of soemthing very odd.. Waving at nearly 350 jeep wranglers.. Only 4 waved back.. Is there some discontent in the air?.. have the wave just become one of those fads that simply dies off.. Also.. I've noticed that (in our area at least) Jeepw rangler owners are selling or attempting to sell their wrangler and heading over to Toyota (FJ crus).. Is this normal/odd?.. What am I missing.. I nevber did like the FJ's styling.. what are they seeing that I'm not.