Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• we are picking up our copper red 09 grand touring 5 this afternoon. Great experience with Sussman Mazda in Willow Grove, PA. Price was $22400 +ttd including the following:
    Sirius radio, ipod attachment, remote starter, door guards, wheel locks, rr bumper guard, removable roof rack and bicycle rack. My research tells me that is about $200 below their actual price. Sounds good to me.
  • Wow, that IS a good deal! We paid $22,600 + TTL for our 2008 GT 2 months ago... and that only included the rear bumper guard and cargo cover.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I have also purchased the "Mazda Total Care" extended warranty (with ZERO deductiable) for 100,000 miles or 6 years. The GOOD thing is... if I do not use the extended warranty, at the end of the contact, I will get 100% money (the purchase price of the warranty) back. It is stated in the contract. That is the reason I go for it.

But...if you use the warranty for one thing you won't get anything back from what you paid on the warranty. So if you paid $1000 for the warranty and you need $500 in warranty repairs, if you use the warranty you won't get the other $500 back. More than likely you'll have a few minor (less than $1000 repairs prior to 100,000 miles at which point you'll either have to pay the repair cost or lose the purchase price of the warranty.

BTW, what did you pay for the warranty?
  • For this "Warranty", I think of it as an "insurance". I will need to use it if the Mazda5 need "major" repairs :sick: (which will cost me more than the purchase price of the warranty).

Also, I had a Lexus before. It was EXPENSIVE to bring the car to the Lexus dealer to do any services or repair. Just a 30K major service cost me easily $1200. Therefore, for me, it make sense to purchase this "warranty" for the Mazda5, especially, when the car is about 4 and 5 years old, the problem may start coming out.

Anyhow, it is all about personal preference.
    You're right...it's personal preference. As long as you don't use it for the next 7 years you'll be good, but the dealer is betting that if someone has a $500 repair, then they'll use the warranty, which voids getting the $1500 refunded back (or whatever was the initial cost)...what did you pay for the warranty?
  • kivokivo Posts: 64
    I know I'm late with this posting, but I purchased my Touring with the bumper guard and the auto dimming mirror with home link and the price was 20680 + 7 % tax and other fees. I bought it in April but have used it very little - only have a little over 1000 mi. on it. So far I must say I love the car - handles great and it's just the right size for me and my wife.
  • After having a terrible experience with Malloy Mazda. I just picked up a White 2009 GT w/o NAV from Fairfax Mazda, VA this evening.
    Paid $21600 with free Roof rack, Moon Roof deflector and remote engine starter. I think it was a wonderful deal. We finished the deal over emails ( I didn't feel like sitting in the showroom and bargain for hours). Robert didn't give me any hassles at all.
  • nastacionastacio Posts: 370
    I was offered one of those deals on extended warranty and the 100% money back guarantee. The problem was that 3-4% of inflation compounded over 6 years meant I would lose between 20% and 25% of the money even without using it.

Another consideration when getting those kinds of warranties are the cancellation clauses in case of theft or total loss on an accident. Some contracts state that you can get your money back pro-rated from the day you bought the vehicle rather than from the last day of the standard warranty.
  • smk124smk124 Posts: 11
    Been driving my red GT 09 for almost a week and I love it. Drives beautifully. Has much more pickup than I expected. Quality seems perfect so far. Love the bluetooth phone. I've been yelling at my wife for years to use a earpiece. Now she can drive with at least one hand while putting on her makeup.
    Also, I did purchase the extended warranty. Original quote was $1758 for 7yr/100K. I showed her a quote from Ford/Mazda that I got over the internet for $1035 for 8yr/100k. She brought the price down to $1378, then added a $50 coupon. So for $1328, we'll feel safe for 7 years. Also zero deduct. if service is done with that dealer.
  • Can you please share the site that offered the warranty for $1035? I am interested in it. Thanks!
    If you had a quote for 8 yrs/100,000 miles from the Ford/Mazda website for $1035, why did you buy the 7yr warranty for $1328?
    I didn't purchase the Ford warranty because as of today, Ford no longer owns Mazda, according to the finance person at the Mazda dealer. Mazda is apparently a subsidiary of Chase Bank. If you look at the link below, it still says Mazda at the top, but you can no longer purchase Mazda warranties. As of yesterday, Mazda was still available. Considering the banking world today, I hope Mazda sticks around for a while.

http://www.authorizedfordwarranties.com/ford/pricing.html
    I didn't purchase the Ford warranty because as of today, Ford no longer owns Mazda, according to the finance person at the Mazda dealer. Mazda is apparently a subsidiary of Chase Bank. If you look at the link below, it still says Mazda at the top, but you can no longer purchase Mazda warranties. As of yesterday, Mazda was still available. Considering the banking world today, I hope Mazda sticks around for a while.
    Also, I prefer Mazda people working on my car rather than Ford.

http://www.authorizedfordwarranties.com/ford/pricing.html
  • mz2008mz2008 Posts: 1
    I wanted to pass along info on how I bought a new 2008 Mazda 5 Sport Silver Automatic. Warning – long post. I purchased it $17K and out the door with processing, tax, tags came out to $18,001. It did have over 500 miles on it, and was told that this was usual (unfortunately, we had already agreed on the price and was in the middle of the paperwork before I realized this “excessive mileage” and may have walked out...wondering still if I will kick myself for this oversight). It was not a deal breaker for us, because we thought we were getting a deal, anyway. The price was about $500 cheaper than at least three dealers for a similar car. I did what everyone recommended which was to do a search on Edmunds.com, Consumer Reports, etc. on new cars, specifically looking only at 2008 Sport or Base models within a 200 mile radius. I got emails within 24 hours from most of them. I then checked out each dealer’s inventory to see the colors and options. We did not want or need any options, so did not look at leather or upgrades. Many cars had cargo cover, wheel locks, cargo net, etc. Our model ended up with cargo net, wheel locks, and rear bumper guard and msrp of $19,855. There is a $1000 dealer engagement rebate in October, which some dealerships shared this info and some did not. Many emails were sent back and forth, with some dealers insisting I come into the dealership BUT I remained firm and did not go to the showroom, until they gave me an offer on a car. Bought at Brown's at Chantilly, VA. Their emails "promised" a great deal because they are a new dealer. I got competitive offers from several dealerships who want to unload their 2008 models. There are still some cars available in many dealerships when I looked last week. Entire research, emails and purchase was two weeks.

I wanted to thank everyone who posted on here because it really helped me make a decision between a RAV4, Kia, and Hyundai. I thought the M5 was the best deal for a car that offered carry more than 5 people and was under $20K. I've been driving a 98 Pontiac so driving the M5 has been smooth and easy.
  • I am planning to buy a new 09 Mazda5 GT. I am eligible for a Ford employee discount through a family member. Does anyone know if that is the best deal going or could I still get a further discount off the MSRP by inviting dealers to bid online? Also of note: so far availability with the options/colors I want has been somewhat of an issue. Perhaps I would have more of a choice by going this route? Thanks for any input.
  • eth72eth72 Posts: 1
    Got quotes from as many NH dealerships as I could. Prices ranged, (not including title & admin fee) from $17395 - $17895. The lowest quote was from Werner Mazda in Manchester, NH where I purchased my Tribute a few years ago (under the Talarico name). The quote was for their gray model, however. My wife insisted that the gray color looked a little like lavendar under certain lighting, so the only other choices for a base model was red (no way) or silver. They also had a silver for $17695 but had an aftermarket DVD player installed. The sticker MSRP with this rear entertainment system was revised to about $19800 (vs 18655 w/o it). Not sure how they got number considering MSRP for the system is about $699 - maybe they factored in the labor to install it. Nonetheless, $300 more to keep my son quiet in the back once he can face forward will be worth every penny!

The buying experience was relatively painless, quick and almost enjoyable! Since I wanted to put no money down and therefore needed financing, I was at their mercy. Except for 2 minutes wasting my time with the "gap insurance" and fabric protectant sell(I know they have to try), the finance manager was great too... It's nice going to the dealership with a price you're satisfied with. Very much recommend them if you've done your homework ahead of time. Hope that helps!
  • I made some calls this morning and have a bidding war going on for our sale with dealerships in the portland/salem area. I have a current offer of $15988 on a 2009 Sport MT. Unfortunately, we still don't have our other car sold for sure and probably couldn't make it in to do the deal today anyway. Hopefully we will be able to get a similar deal in November! Other offers I got today were around $16500. Had two of those as well. Today is the day for a good deal.
  • I say jump on that $15988 deal today and when you sell your other vehicle send a big lump sump to your loan. Sounds like Halloween might be the day for you to make the deal.
  • dfz1dfz1 Posts: 6
    In September I made my Mazda 5 lease payment. The company mis-posted the amount and processed the check for $90.00 less than what it should have been. I made my October payment.

In the last 24 hours I have received four phone calls from very rude individuals who each have given me a different story as to why I was late $90.00. I responded to the first call prior to researching the issue and stated I would send the amount immediately. I was then called three more times after that and was told they did not have an automated system to record the first calls.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was given the name of an individual who does not even exist in the company. I was given a fax number and faxed a copy of the check to that number. When I went to call the person I had faxed it too I was told he did not exist in the company. Eventually after four more calls I found that in fact the fax was received and the issue was being researched.

Conclusion undoubtedly the most rude, arrogant and dishonest company I have ever done business with. I personally would not buy any product from Ford Motor company in the future including Ford, Volvo, Jaguar, Lincoln etc. If you do I would strongly recommend not financing through either Ford credit or Mazda.

While the financial future of this company in tenuous they have decided to abuse the customer probably as a strategy to maintain a dwindling cash flow. I also will not do business with the dealer Scott Mazda in Allentown PA.

I have filed a report with the FTC re the harassment by Ford Motor Company by telephone. The number of calls especially given the amount was excessive. The manner of the call agents varies from passive aggressive to out right hostel. These are cruel nasty people. They seem to find pleasure in harassing their consumers.