Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• taylorjtaylorj Posts: 1
    Was quoted $35,998.90 for a '12 S60 premium package black on black. That is the out the door price(tt&l are part of that price) It includes the conquest cash and $900 rebate for the summer.

It didn't really take much negotiating so I am wondering, do you think I can do any better?
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    Awful deal. If you're talking T5 anyway. Are you leasing, loan, cash? If lease, what are miles? I'll post about my deal which I'm ok with in a second on a new post.
    I got a 2012 T5 black on black with premium, climate, communicator, and chrome pipes for $32,775. Leased with $2,000 down (taxes and fees up front) at $350 / mth, 36mths. 10,000 miles a year. This includes conquest and the summer lease special. I think I did ok--what do you guys think? Really enjoying the car but still in honeymoon phase. Big road trip coming so we'll see if the seats are as good as everyone says.
  • ursusursus Posts: 48
    Sale price should have been at least $1K less: ~ $33,500 invoice - $1K conquest - ~$700 two months free = $320/month. Does your $2K down include acquisition fee or it was rolled into the lease? Also, it would be nice to know what kind of black you got - there is $550 difference in MSRP. It is very possible to get 2012 S60 for $500-$1,000 under invoice since there are plenty of them and 2013's are coming.
    The $2k included acquisition fee--and I got the $550 fancy black metallic. So I did get in under invoice in the price range you suggested, but I sort of agree that I could have done a bit better, as you say $320. Are you enjoying yours?
  • Just purchased a demo 2012 S60 T5 FWD for OTD price of $29,500. This is overseas through the military buying program. It is cosmic white with beachwood/beige interior and urban decor inlays. Has premium, technology, and climate package and 1500 miles. First Volvo purchase and I felt like it was a good deal but still somewhat uncertain. What do you think?
  • Have considered joining the Volvo Club of America. If you are a card carrying member you can receive the employees family discount, there are details on the website. It might be worth the $45 to join if you know you want a Volvo.
    Took my new 2012 S60 T5 on a 2,000 mile trip on interstates and winding country roads, through wind, rain, and heat. I thought folks were blowing smoke when they said the seats were comfy, but unlike my previous German and Asian cars, my back and bottom never hurt one bit even after eight hours. I will say the touted climate package air filter did not filter out skunk, cow, or exhaust smells--I was hoping it would. This is a nice car that borders comfortable long-distance touring and sporty / spirited driving. I know most BMW fans will think I'm nuts, but I'd rather have the S60 than a 3 (and most definitely over the other overpriced or tired options, talking Merc and Infinity respectively). So, I just picked a fight I think.
  • matty100matty100 Posts: 1
    Are there any established sales/residuals/financing rates/incentives on the 2012 S60s? Has anyone had experience ordering one? I'm considering getting one of those instead of a 2012, but can't seem to find any numbers or info on them.

Thanks for any info you may have.
  • bagel5bagel5 Posts: 3
    Hi - I'm looking at a 10,000 mile lease on a 2012 S60 with premium package (leather and moonroof) in New Jersey. There is an advertised special of 3,490 down (excludes tax and title) and $289 per month. Any advice on how much better I can do would be much appreciated!
  • Does anyone have any idea what kind of discount you get when you are a member of Volvo Club of America? We have an S40 and XC90, and are thinking about trading in the 40 for a 60. Don't know if the discount is more than you could get through negotiations. Any help is appreciated!
    We are in Lexington, KY. Anyone know if there is a local chapter? Thanks.
  • I believe it is an employee discount that you receive when you are a Volvo Club member. There is more information on the website, and they will also let you know about local chapters.
  • cars4funcars4fun Posts: 5
    I just picked up my new black s60 a few weeks ago as well, and I am LOVING those seats too! I think this car is the best value in a luxury sport sedan, out of all of them. I tested every car in the mix, from Audi to BMW, to MB, Infiniti, and Lexus, and the overall value in the Volvo made it the winner for me. Motor Trend described the seats as amongst the best out there, in "soft, chunky leather". Also love the smooth leather, juxtaposed against the textured leather with double rows of stitching. It's a class act!
    Completely agree with all of that. It feels like it cost many grand more. I tried those other cars, too, and even on paper it's a far better value.
  • pikevolvo12pikevolvo12 Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Hello everyone,

Here is some info regarding the 2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design that I leased yesterday.

2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design

-Electric Silver Metallic Paint
    -Multimedia Package
    -Climate Package
    -Blind Spot Info System
    -Personal Car Communicator (key)

MSRP: $48,675
    Invoice: $46,057
    CAP cost: $43,900
    U.S. Bank Credit after CAP cost: $1800
    L.E.V.: 49% ($23,850.75)

Special lease offer through US Bank that pays $450 a month as a credit for the first four months so the cost averages out to $600 a month including tax. And, the dealer is tinting the windows and they threw in all weather mats.

The car is so beautiful and fast! I think it was an awesome deal for an almost $50k car. What do you guys think? Good deal?
  • Forgot to mention it is a 3 year / 45,000 mile lease.
  • mikey38mikey38 Posts: 141
    Didn't see an S60 forum that this fits in so feel free to move it if required:

2012 S60 T5 with 1500 miles driven: First "long" highway trip notes - seats continue to be GREAT, very comfortable during a 500 mile highway trip with only a couple of pit stops along the way. Car handles well in dry and wet conditions. 29.8 mpg (hand calculated - computer showed 31.2) while cruising at 70-75 mph with 4 passengers and bags. MPG seems to drop off a little while cruising at 75+ vs 65-70
    ....and it's nice to be in a car that is a bit unique; there are not millions of these on the road, like the endless 3 series I see. The S60 gets so many "looks" and compliments from people on the street, it's amazing. MPG so far has been ok, not great, but thrilled to be using regular gas after putting the expensive stuff in my Lexus for the last dozen years. The handling is great, the turbo is fun, and the sporty styling belies its practicality and safety. Loving this new car!
  • jeffm5jeffm5 Posts: 107
    Hi cars,
    I'm taking delivery of an S60 T5 next month. The fact I don't see many here in Western PA was a factor in my decision. Seems like every other car I see is a 3 series or an ES 350 (both great cars). Do you have a T5? What MPH are you getting? Thanks!
    You mean what MPG I'm getting! (MPH is quite high, I must admit.....the turbo asks to be driven fast!!!) I basically do a lot of city driving with a bit of highway mixed in.... so far, after abouy 1500 miles, it's about 23 miles per gallon, on regular (YAY!!). Am taking a good road trip next month and I'm waiting to see how much better it will do on pure highways. THere is an 'information' thing that you can scroll through on the steering wheel, which posts various pieces of info on the dash....one of the items is "how many miles to empty". every time I fill up, it says 500. but that never happens, and this gauge is annoyingly inaccurate enough that I've turned it off.

I was a Lexus devotee for 12 years, and really wanted to buy another one, but found that the w ES was going to be an even more expensive "camry".... and to load it up with all the bells and whistles puts it almost at 50k, which is crazy. The new ES comes out in the fall and I'm sure it will be even more expensive.

The new 3 series is very nice, I drove it a few times, but I live in an area where FWD is good to have, and did not want to pay the premium for AWD and the associated drop in MPG.

The other car that seemed to be a really good value was the Nissan Maxima. but that car is in a funny middle ground, as a premium-ish car, in a non premium brand. I always preferred it's styling to that of the infiniti, which seems very dated at this point.

I'm hoping that the Volvo will prove to be a great value for a sporty, fast, safe and fun car. Hope you enjoy your new S60 too!