Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    You should be able to find a dealer that will sell you a car at or close to that price.
    The trick will be to find the car. They are only built in black or white, so you don't have alot of choice anyway.

The S60 really doesn't have any real drawbacks. Like any car it has its weak points. The view out the back can be difficult for shorter people. The turning radius is big, like any front wheel drive cars. I don't like the cloth seats, I miss the old Volvo velour seats. But, it is alot of car for the $$
    Good Luck.
  • zlskrszlskrs Posts: 9
    Is the $4000 incentive available on the 2.5T AWD also? What type of incentive is this -- a rebate, or direct to the dealer? Finally, when does it expire? Thanks.
  • hjulicherhjulicher Posts: 8
    Yes the incentive is also available on the AWD model. The incentive ends May 31st. The incentive is marketing support to dealer.
  • abraindrainerabraindrainer Posts: 309
    At $10k below MSRP that would seem like a pretty sweet deal! Where are you located?

Given the current pricing on awd sedans such as G35x (under $30k) and Legacy GT (about $25k), it might be worth considering a 60R... Hmmmm.
  • nelson77nelson77 Posts: 1
    Got a S60 Base model (cloth) $24150 at Edison, NJ, (invoice -4000-1350 discount).
    OTD price is $26000 even.
    What do You guys think? A good deal?
  • bobby29bobby29 Posts: 6
    Looking to purchase a S60 T5. Dealer quoted me invoice on a Special Edition which was 5K under MSRP, but per last months 4K deal, I should be able to get way lower. Does anyone know how much under invoice I can get this car for now?
  • john_dohjohn_doh Posts: 2
    i just picked up a T5 SE on friday and paid $30,995. sticker is $38,310. felt like i got a pretty sweet deal.
  • us_eagleus_eagle Posts: 7
    I just checked CarsDirect.com, seems the $4000 incentive still available. do you know if the incentive also apply to oversea delivery?
  • us_eagleus_eagle Posts: 7
    I know the $4000, but what is that $1350?

"Got a S60 Base model (cloth) $24150 at Edison, NJ, (invoice -4000-1350 discount)."
  • sunpro2003sunpro2003 Posts: 15
    Located in NJ.
    Is this a good lease deal?

2006 S60-AWD-MSRP-$38,335
    Net Cap Cost-$26,477
    Term-36 months
    15K Miles/Year
    Money Factor=.00202(4.85%)
    Residual-$16,484(43%)
    Monthly Lease Payment-$365
    Due on Delivery
    1st payment-$365
    Sales Tax-864
    1st years fees-261
    Security Deposit-0
    Other Upfront costs-777
    Total due at Signing-$2,267.

1. Is this a good deal? If not, what would you think the payment should be?

2. If I wait until August 1st, I would think dealers
    would have better lease rates since they want to unload
    2006 models before 2007's come in. Should rates be better in August?

3. What would you think a lease payment would be on a 2007 S60 AWD($38,000 price) if I can get the 2006 S60 at $365/month for 36 months?

Thanks
  • lstonelstone Posts: 8
    now only 2000 incentive??
  • Sunpro2003,

Great leases are available on the '07 Volvo 2.5T ASR (FWD) with the premium package and the climate package--$279/mos (red or white) or $289 mos (metallic paints)--for a 36mos/12K mile lease w/no cap cost--a hair over $2K including your taxes up front--so you really pay about $1,300 for true inception costs and the leases are about $299 and $309 respectively when you factor in the taxes you paid up front (you would have paid out about $20/mos for the taxes had you not paid them up front so those are the numbers you get when you "add them in" on a monthly basis). Hope this helps you out.
  • phyll97phyll97 Posts: 10
    anyone in the dfw area of texas want to share any recent purchases they got on the Volvo S60?
  • Hi guys,

I recently bought a 2006 loaner volvo S60 2.5 T for $25K from a dealer in North east after much negotiation. They got it certified with 6 yrs 100,000 miles for additional $1200 ,but I declined extended warranty.

Not sure a smart move or not. What do you think of the price I paid?. Please share your opinions.I appreciate any input on this.

Thanks in advance.
  • I am looking to buy an 06 or 07 S60R on a Z plan in Northern CA. The only perfect match in terms of interior/exterior color choices is a 2006 demo with over 1k miles on it. The dealer wants to sell the demo as a new car since it hasn't been titled (ugh).

Questions:

1. Am I better off buying or leasing? I plan on keeping it for a long time. The car will be used for a business purpose so a lease would be 100% tax-deductible but I am not sure this matters vs a buy cost over 8-10 years. I could run up more than 15k miles/year on it.

1a. Assume the buy is all cash
    1b. Assume the buy is through a low interest-rate financing

1. When buying a demo, how do I calculate a fair discount given the mileage?

2. Edmunds.com says the current incentives in my arean 2006 S60R are 2k cash + 3k marketing support. Would an offer of invoice - 5K be accepted by the dealer? Can I go lower?
  • saissonsaisson Posts: 25
    Don't mean to throw a "wrench" into pricing, but ConsumerGuide.com lists three prices on their website:
    1. MSRP
    2. Invoice
    3. Manufacturer's Discount Price

Does anyone know what Item 3 is?
    Also, what are the current incentives on the 06 & 07 S60's??

Major Packages Retail
    Price Invoice
    Price
    Premium Pkg.,
    2.5T
    $3,650 $3,139
    Manufacturer's Discount Price $2,995 $2,575
    :D ">
  • sock1sock1 Posts: 2
    I recently went to three dealers in New Jersey to negotiate on a similar car (S60 loaner, roughly 6 to 7K miles, climate and premium package, metallic paint, auto transmission). In each case, the dealer was willing to sell for $24.5K, which appeared to be the true rock bottom price. I bought the car from a dealer in Edison which offered a much higher trade-in price for my Honda (It had 101K miles) than the others, and reduced the certified warranty down to $1,000.

Assuming you got the same level of equipment, you did well...especially since a new S60 carries of a MRSP about $10,000 higher than what you paid.

My own experience has been that low milage used or demo cars are generally the way to go, since you let someone else pay for the depreciation. If you are willing to be flexible about the equipment, and take what you get, you should be in good shape.

I also looked at a Saab 9-3, which seemed to be a nice car, but even thought the dimensions are roughly the same, the Saab felt like a much smaller car than the Volvo.

It's my first Volvo, so hopefully I made a good choice.
  • pats1pats1 Posts: 36
    I just took delivery of a 2006 S60 AWD pretty well loaded. The dealer sold it to me for $5K under their invoice - sticker $39450, $31700 out the door. Volvo has dealer incentives for remaining 2006 vehicles that are not advertised. Not even the online services know about them, that I've seen. Be sure to shop and ask your dealer about incentives if a 2006 is OK for you.
    I'm a warranty guy (have had good luck with them), so I would have taken it for $1200. I just bought a new one and the warranty was $1500 for 48mos/100K miles.

The price sounds reasonable, because around here (Wisconsin), they don't deal much.
  • robi2robi2 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying a certified pre-owned volvo S60 (possibly 2003,2004 or a 2005 model; FWD; standard transmission).
    Any tips on what to check for or what are common problems that I should know about when considering this car? I'm also interested in your impressions concerning repair frequency, driving experience, and reliability. I'm planning on keeping this car for ten+ years. Is this car a wise choice in this case?
    Thanks for any insights you can give!
    Robi2
  • I just bought a s60 at texas. i think it is good deal. $28000 for 2007 S60, premium package. I just did not expect this monster eat gas so quick. MPG is about 22. It should be much higher than that. I don't know what tricks you guys can provide me to save some gas money.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    22 is probably what you can expect unless you drive mostly highway miles at a conservative pace. The more city driving you do, the lower your mpg will be.
    Maybe you will can get 1-2mpg more as the car breaks-in after a few thousand miles.
  • stchiu,

Please refrain from using terms that you as a dealer use on a consumer site, as in 'delivery', since it easily identifies you as a dealer and nullifies your desire to inflate the prices on this site.
  • Mine is the higher hp t5 and I get 25 mpg mixed, and have gone through tanks at 28 at times. This is w/ my trip computer so it may be off. I also live and work at about 5500 ft above sea level. It will go up as time goes on like jaxs1 pointed out. 5 to 10k is when you will see this.

Congrats!
  • lweisslweiss Posts: 342
    I don't have the S60, but my trusty 1998 Volvo S70 (120K) miles averages 24mpg combined city/suburban/some highway. And it is the non-turbo version of the S60 engine. One thing about Volvos- even my old car does not rattle, it is still as tight as a new car and has a solid feel to it. And still the seats are awesome, the controls are nicely laid out, and it feels safe. Maybe that's why people keep them so long.
  • I just bought a 2007 Volvo S60. Paid $31000 for premium, convenience and climate package. Hope it was a good deal?
    haggus1,

If your reply was directed at my posting and you assume that because I used the word "delivery" I am dealer or work for one (and therefore my motives for posting here are suspect), you are clearly ignorant and closed-minded. I have taken "delivery" of many cars in my 30+ years of driving - all as a consumer, and have never worked in the car business in any capacity. I don't know what caused to reach that conclusion and then take the time to pen that post, but apparently you need to increase the breadth of your own vocabulary and ability to READ what others want you to learn from what they share here as opposed to assuming subtrifuge and assailing common folk who simply want to share their experiences here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,211
    Don't sweat it... I believed you.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• zwuzwu Posts: 2
    your out S60 is 24150?!!!
  • zwuzwu Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a S60. had a friend who bought a new 2006 S60 model last summer for $25800 with sport wheels.
    and I saw some amazing price like $28000 with premium package.
    asked a few local dealers in Miami, FL, the best price so far I have is $27800 for the base model. Not even with metallic paint.
    is there anybody know a recent transaction for reference?
    does that mean I need to wait till the summer to get a good deal? or maybe i shall consider to buy it in NJ?
    thanks in advance.