Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks, senoraqueso for such a detail comparsion. I live in upstate NY and I have narrowed my choices down to the TL Tech and the S60 as well and am completely torn. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I thought I had made my final decision for the TL however, I want it in the mayan bronze and can't find one anywhere in my area. This may be the deciding factor for me. The two cars are relativity alike in so many ways, it may come down to who can give me the better deal.
    Good luck on which ever you decide, and let us know!
  • Just purchased a 2012 S60 (red) T5 for 33,433. Sticker was 36,115. Dealer had approx 26 S60 on lot. Was disappointed with the color of the red, online it appeared pretty vivid and in person it is an awful (in my opinion) burgundy with orangish undertone. I need the dark interior and did not like the other colors the car came in. Dealer delivered car with 3/4 tank of gas and check engine light on. My first Volvo (I have been an Audi driver) and not impressed with the whole package yet. Hope this grows on me or I'll trade it in next year.
  • Purchased a 2007 Volvo S60 (37K). Dealer offered 2yr/24,000 Gold+ extended warranty w/Fidelity Warr Service for $2,200. Wife commutes approx 20,000 miles to work a year, so doesn't make much sense.

Should we re-negotiate, increase contract term or cancel? If so, any warranty suggestions are appreciated. Car was prev lease/1-owner/exc condition/all service&maintenance completed.

Thanks!
  • I wouldn't pay for a 3rd party warranty... I'd cancel, and put the money in a maintenance account.. .to be used as needed...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Now that it's end of the year, I'm wondering how much off of the MSRP dealers will be willing to come down if they have the car on their lot? Is $2,000 - $2,500 reasonable to expect (without other large fees that add to the out-the-door price - doc fees, etc.). My husband would receive the military discount which is $1200 in and of itself.

Also, we're thinking of ordering a Volvo from the manufacturer so we can have the options we want. I was told this would cost an additional $250...is this correct?

This site has valuable information but I haven't been able to determine actual invoice and am not sure how much negotiation room I have.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • jeffm5jeffm5 Posts: 106
    I'm negotiating with my local Volvo dealer for the purchase of a new S60 and it's a battle, albeit conducted in a professional manner. In the past, when purchasing Toyotas and Subarus, if I was able to seal the deal under Edmunds TMV, I felt I did OK. This time the number is about $400 above Edmunds for a 2012 model. However, this has to be ordered and will be a 2013. Given that, am I getting a decent deal???
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    What happened? Get the S60? Anyone pulling the trigger before June with the double incentive? (2 months lease paid + conquest cash) I sure hope they extend the conquest cash into June. Anyone getting good lease rates?
  • jeffm5jeffm5 Posts: 106
    I ordered a 2013 flamenco red, soft beige/off black interior. Chrome tail pipes and textile floor mats are standard for 2013. I got the climate, tech and platinum packages (which includes NAV, keyless drive with personal car communicator, active xenon headlights, front and rear park assist, rear parking camera, power passenger seat, moonroof, permium audio, and blind spot warning as an individual option for $40,536 and got $11,000 for my 2005 Avalon. I probably could have done a little better if I shopped around some, but this dealership is close to home and offers loaners for life to anyone that buys there. They say the car will arrive in July. I think it will be more like August. Have you gotten any prices for 2013's?
    Shoot, I'm hoping to snag a 2012 yet--I don't mind. Won't get as fancy a car as you are (why do I need nav when I have a nuvi, for example). I'm selling my own car and will put that money into pay-the-lease account. I sure would like those Xenon lights though.
  • Looking at new 2012 S60 t5 moonroof, premium package and climate, blue color with nav prep. Msrp 35520 invoice is 33941. Any thoughts on getting it at 33000 (plus tax and tags) or under before rebates. Besides holdback anyone know if any factory to dealer $ in background
  • ursusursus Posts: 48
    I'm getting my 2012 for $1,000 under invoice + $1,000 conquest + $900 first two months free + $400 lease trade-in equity + free 17" Njord wheels ($250 value).
  • sethisethi Posts: 13
    Looking to close in on a Volvo S60 before conquest cash ends...have been quoted $430 for 36 months with $700 down (15K + Premium + Metallic + Multimedia) Any comments?

also can someone provide the money factor and residual value of this car? wanted to make an attempt to calculate the lease price on my own.

Thanks.
    A T5 base is .00003 money factor, but one with options close to yours is .00035 or very close. Residual of 56%. I think you can do a bit better on the monthly personally.
    Options don't matter - it's the same buy rate .00003. Residual for 15K miles is 53%, not 56%.
  • sethisethi Posts: 13
    Thanks for the inputs.

Closed in for $449 (incl tax @7%) with 0 down on a metallic + prem + multimedia + Climate + Chrome + Wood inlays + BSIS + 15 K miles.

Quick question - The dealership mentioned that the wear and tear warranty on leased cars is limited by Volvo to 36,000 miles even though the allowed mileage is 15K. Is that an accurate statement?
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,879
    Quick question - The dealership mentioned that the wear and tear warranty on leased cars is limited by Volvo to 36,000 miles even though the allowed mileage is 15K. Is that an accurate statement?

Sounds like they are trying to sell you an additional insurance policy...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mikey38mikey38 Posts: 141
    Bought a 2012 S60 T5 yesterday:

Ice White, Beige Interior
    - Climate
    - Premium
    - Xenon headlights
    - BLIS
    - Park Assist
    - PCC
    - Chrome Tail Pipes
    - Njord Wheels
    - Nav Prep

Sticker was $37, 965 Purchase price including all fees (except TT&L) $33,890. Discount included $1k loyalty cash and $900 finance rebate (financing at 1.9% for 36 months.
    I think that's a pretty darn good deal.
  • mikey38mikey38 Posts: 141
    It took a bit of work but I was satisfied.
    Picked my S60 T5 up last week:

Savile Grey/Black
    Premium
    Climate
    Sport Appearance package
    17" Njord
    MSRP: $37,170
    Sale price (financed): $32,602 (incl. $375 trade-in equity and $1,000 conquest)
    Paid almost full tax with $900 "two free months" cash.