Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Xterra Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

Comments

• howdy all -

i'm new here, just purchased a 2007 Xterra S, automatic, 4x4, utility package. I ended up negotiated for 2 hours before I finally got the price I wanted: $24,500 OTD (including tax). got the rebate and 3.9% financing from the dealer.

Sounds like a decent price, but the interior feels inadequately equipped. in any case, do you guys think i got a good price on it? :confuse:
  • We just bought a '7 OR list 29620 pd 26549 otd w/o tax($450, but tax may vary depending on your trade, incentives used,local tax rate and laws,etc.). Otd incl.7yr/100k warranty. Trade=1k more than any other dealer, so it nets to 25549 otd w/o tax. A deal we are happy with and a great buying experience from an up front, honest dealer. Nothing hidden or 'forgotten'. Between us, we've purchased over 40 vehicles. We thoroughly checked out the unit before purchase. Put another 45 miles on it during our final test drive. There are so many choices and so many dealers out there. The OR does what we want/need right now very well and the salesperson was excellent. No t/o to a manager and finance didn't push rust and dust or extended warranty.

From reading here and numerous other forums, a few things I have noticed that may be helpful: in getting the vehicle you actually will enjoy living with and getting a deal you are happy with.

Decide what you are actually looking for(like and need). What is really important to you. Check out all the features of the vehicles you are interested in during your test drives. Is anything not up to your standards? Is some look , touch or feature, or lack of, annoying you? Drive the vehicles under the conditions you will be driving most of the time: city streets, rough roads, mtns., Interstate,off pavement, etc. If you tend to carry a lot of stuff/people, load the vehicles up and see how they perform under load. Long commute? sit in/drive them for a while. Do thorough, thorough test drives. Read forums and reviews. Talk to owners. Take your time.

When you have found the model that does what you want: Use the net. Shop. Get multiple, written quotes. If you have a trade, get written quotes on that too. Be willing to go a few miles for a better deal.

You may still end up at your local dealer, but you will be less likely to be writing in talking about how you
    feel you could have gotten a better overall deal/experience or found the seats weren't comfortable or you didn't like the way a particular feature worked or you wish you had known it didn't ride well off pavement or it was noisy on the highway or you couldn't fit your kids in it or the rear leg room was not up to par or the gas mileage was not what you expected or the engine didn't have enough power on hills or the exterior/interior looked cheap or it would be a lot easier to live with if it had this/that or the stealer didn't tell you this or that, etc.,etc.,etc.
  • Just signed on to this discussion today.
    I agree with shasta67 and others,
    The trade should be a separate transaction/negotiation. It can change your out the door cost, but it should not be tied into the negotiation on the new vehicle.

You walked away. Good. It can be hard to do, but you did the right thing. Ultimately, as others have stated, you should find the vehicle you want and then feel good about the deal. Those two things accomplished=happy.

If you haven't found your vehicle yet, good luck. If you have, enjoy!
  • Just bought an '07 S 4WD Auto Nightarmor with:
    Side Airbags
    Tow Pkg
    Utility Pkg
    Protection Pkg
    Cargo Cover
    Cabin Air Filter
    Floor Mats

$24,550 plus tax and tags. Took advantage of the $1000 rebate, and a dealer who needed a sale. I think I got a good price - did everything over the internet and phone. Had a few idiot dealers who lied to me and got me in their store with a lowball number, only to raise it $2500 when I got there, but finally found an honest dealer (if one exists) who was good to deal with. Next lowest price was pushing $26k. Primary headache in all of it was finding a vehicle that had the side airbags - turns out Nissan builds very few Xterras with them.

Picking the new toy up tonight.
  • I just bought, in Ft lauderdale a 2007 Xterra S 2WD in Night Armor, yesterday. Sweeeet. I test drove several vehicles, GMC, Toyota, Chevy, Kia, Hyundai,Mazda etc. before and landed on this strong powerful dependable Xterra.

My advice BUY IT.Got mine for $24000 out the door.
    Stock sound system is good with deep bass sound.
    I ordered mine with no options, when they brought the vehicle for me it came with utility package, mirror with compass, microfilter, retractable car cover,cargo organizer, carpeted floor mats, and some nice splach type pin stipe on side.

Total time at dealer 3 hours. Was starving ate a 12" sub when I finally left dealer.

Salesman was super. But carry a doggie bag with snacks.

I Like!!!
  • Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market for the '07 Xterra. I'm not sure which one is better X or S model.
    I will try to negotiate a price with the dealer here in Washington State, any reasonable price that is closest to the invoice?

Thanks
  • williamzwilliamz Posts: 2
    Bought our first new car on Monday. It is a Nissan XTerra S-V6 4x4, automatic transmission. The dealer has a loaded one with:

protection package,
    adjustable cargo organizer,
    retractable cargo cover,
    carpeted floor mats,
    in-cabin microfilter,
    auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass,
    tow package

We asked for utility package at the beginning, he installed the Tubular step rails for us, since it is what we really want.

According to carsdirect.com:

MSRP Price: $27,060
    Invoice Price: $25,408

With the $1000 Nissan rebate and $500 college graduate rebate, The final price we got before tax is $23100.

We bought the car in Philly area.

Thanks for all the help we got from here.
  • hawi7hawi7 Posts: 12
    The S model has power windows, locks, etc... well worth it in my opinion. Also, the wheels are upgraded. I have an 06 4X2 Offroad model but am less than satisfied with the stock stereo and lack of 4 wheel drive in deep sand (here in Hawaii).
  • mgoosemgoose Posts: 11
    Try Advantage Nissan in Brenerton, Will seel new Nissans $500 under invoice minus applicable rebates.
  • mgoosemgoose Posts: 11
    Try Advantage Nissan in Bremerton, Will seel new Nissans $500 under invoice minus applicable rebates.
  • glenski01glenski01 Posts: 40
    Whats the best price on Offroad you have seen? Unit I want depending on options is MSRP $29620-30400 depending on if side airbags and a few other things. Must have the Fosgate stereo option for me, be black with bluecharcoal interior. There are a couple around metro Denver currently, if I accept another interior there are a few more.

Been offered invoice minus the current $1000 rebate. Have seen posted $500 under invoice minus the rebate. What do you think or know?

What is best metro or farther dealer to purchase from? so far I really like the professionalism and low pressure at Empire Nissan in Lakewood best. Have purchased from them before. They do not have the vehicle I want though. Does it cost a dealer to trade units? they say no, I thought they lost some incentive or something, I know on American cars they lose holdbacks if they trade.

Thanks, appreciate it. :)
  • bcolombcolom Posts: 2
    have been looking for several months and have used this formum a lot so i figured i'd contribute.

just picked up a 2006 S (last '06 on the lot) 4x4 with auto trans for $21,888 after the $1,000 rebate

regards
  • bcolombcolom Posts: 2
    have been looking for several months and have used this formum a lot so i figured i'd contribute.

just picked up a 2006 S (last '06 on the lot) 4x4 with auto trans for $21,888 after the $1,000 rebate
    I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area

regards
  • mln2963mln2963 Posts: 4
    My local dealer has quite a few 06s on the lot. The MSRP on the Xterra S 2WD I'm looking at is $25,200. What would be a good offer? Thanks.
  • tinycadontinycadon Posts: 287
    Invoice minus cash back incentive minus $500 For 06.
    For an '06, you can probably get that...but the '07 s do not come in 4X2 so the MSRP is like 29k.
  • I bought from Route 22 Nissan in Hillside, NJ. Black Xterra S 4WD 5A with 6 options: Tow Package, Utility PKG, Micro Cabin Filter, Floor Mats, Cargo Cover, and Dimming Rear View Mirror. Almost walked out 3 times but the sell price was $24,080. That is without the rebate because I took the financing (4.9%). I probably could have gotten them down a few bucks more if I walked out again but they are decent people over there and for the few dollars I didn't want to waste any more time. Here is the finance breakdown $24,080 + $1685.60 (7% Sales Tax) = $25,765.60 = $485/mo for 60 months. I wrote them a check for 1. Luxury Tax = $96, 2. Doc Fee = $299, 3. Tire Tax = $7.50, and 4. Motor Vehicle Fee = $334. What do you think?
    Sounds great. Its not an Offroad but a good deal for a 4x4.
  • eviljoeeviljoe Posts: 14
    Edmunds TMV is like $500 less at $18,905 (but Coggin Nissan of the Avenues says $19,789 + $599 dealer fee - $1000 rebate). If they'd throw in body-side moulding and/or some fog lights I'd totally happy--how should I ask/demand that?