Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Xterra Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

18910111214»

Comments

• bpraxisbpraxis Posts: 292
    Hello everyone and I am an official member of the Xterra Club.

My new Xterra is a base model X with splash guards and floor mats in Avalanche.

MSRP: $26350.00
    Discount: 4351.00

Sale Price: $21,999.00

Trade Honda CRV 2004 LX two wheel drive with 73,000 miles
    Allowance: $8825.00

Balance: $13,174.00

The salespeople were very professional and it was for the most part a great experience.

My guess is there will be a completely new Xterra for 2011 given that we are in the sixth model year. Later in the 2010 model year I would expect $2000.00 additional in discount to clear them out. Maybe more given higher gas prices to come.

Love it so far with only 50 miles.

Anybody have some advice on which options to add such as all weather floor mats?

Good luck with your purchase.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,120
    That's a good price on your trade... Looks like you did well.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bpraxisbpraxis Posts: 292
    Thank you for the positive feedback kyfdx and I love the Xterra.

The dealer started at $8025.00 for the CRV and I negotiated the price up. I also had to decline the plethora of dealer installed options.

Please let me know any fun accessories to add to the truck if you can think of any. I already ordered all weather mats and touch up paint.

How about having the body side molding installed?

Happy Easter Weekend.
  • My experience is similar to the Colorado poster above. Don't have time to visit a bunch of dealers, and relying heavily on internet/email quotes. Nissan had the $2000 rebate, and no factory-to-dealer incentives I was aware of.

I used NissanUSA.com to send quote requests to every dealer in the area (large city in CA), about 30 total. Mentioned my trim and color interests, and "send me your best quote."

Started getting emails within a half hour, nearly every dealer had responded within 6 hours. Set up an Excel spreadsheet with offers, colors, trims, contact info, MSRP's, invoice, etc. For invoice information they often provided this straight off the bat and it matched what's on Edmunds TMV.

There weren't really that many to choose from out there, maybe 4-5 dealers or "families of dealers" could get me the car I wanted. MSRP on the rig I was looking at was $28400 (all prices incl destination), and almost right away by email I was being offered low $25K and high $24K including the rebate, i.e. right around invoice.

I test drove one and really liked it. Dealer A was a typical high-pressure place, telling me my trade-in was worthless and could only be sold for scrap (1998 sedan KBB trade-in $2400). I was offered $24600. I told them I'd gotten better offers already from Dealer B, which was true, and countered with $24100. They kind of balked, and I walked away.

I then emailed Dealer B and told them Dealer A was matching their price. Dealer B then dropped their price $500 ... i.e they were now offering $1000 below invoice by email.

So I went to Dealer B. They only had a 4x2 in stock and I wanted a 4x4, and we negotiated on the 4x4 which was from their sister dealer 1 hr away. They said they could have it the next day. I was paying cash, and they insisted on a credit check, which I balked at and ultimately refused. We settle on the price $1000 below invoice. Then came the fees, which were VASTLY inflated to the tune of $600-700 including overcalculated taxes and DMV registration fees. I insisted on the EXACT amount of tax and fees as determined by the DMV website. After 2-3 hours of back and forth, contract was signed, no hassle with additional warranty/prep etc etc.

Ultimately I got a 2010 Xterra, Auto S, $28400 MSRP, for $24100 + tax + fees which in CA comes out to around $2500.

All in all I found the info on Edmunds, KBB, NADA, and carbuyingtips.com very helpful ESPECIALLY carbuyingtips.com with the explanations of all the scams, fake fees, salesman/sales manager "routines," and advice on how to act (firm, professional, unimpressed, and skeptical).
  • manlymanly Posts: 14
    Hello Badfish,

I been shopping around SOCAL and they all want "YOUR PRICE $ 29995.00 Plus Fees". Could you or anyone tell me where you got your dael so i can order the same car???

Thanks for sharing.
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    Huh I didn't know they could scam you into paying higher taxes than necessary. Do they only pay what's required but screw you into paying more? I'll have to check the paperwork on the last couple cars I bought and see what they charged me. Do you pay sales tax on the negotiated price including rebates, or not includng rebates?
  • wtd44wtd44 Posts: 1,211
    Here in Colorado, rebates are taxable. While this is very unfortunate, it is explained by saying that you are paying the price for the vehicle, and then after the purchase you receive the rebate money back to you. The argument that you gave up the rebate to the selling dealer at the time of the purchase is not an accepted argument. Why? Because the state wants more sales tax paid to them! Plain and simple...
  • medguy75medguy75 Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2010 Xterra Offroad from Napa Nissan.

Here's the info.

2010 Xterra 4WD Automatic
    Avalanche White
    Front/Rear Floot Mats
    Nevada Tow Hitch w. Ball
    Garmin GPS System build in

MSRP - $32,075
    Customer Incentive $2,250

USAA Price $26,932 plus Tax, registration and $55.00 CA Document fee.

Total cost out the door $29,750.00

Savings off MSRP $5,293
    :)
  • Hello..
    After shopping for almost 3 weeks..the deal I am getting for Xterra SE 2010 model i bought the SUV for a total of 27,600 Invoice price including salex tax, fees registration etc. It also has DVD docking station and Ipod interface.
    i love the SUV and the price :-)

Thanks
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    Sounds like a sweet truck...congrats on your purchase!!
  • bob382bob382 Posts: 2
    Congratulation! Really good price. Would you mind telling me where the dealer is? Thank you very much.
  • hawi7hawi7 Posts: 12
    Well done, is your X a 4 wheel drive version or 2?
  • This dealer is in Avondale Arizona - Avondale Nissan
  • This is Nissan Xterra 2010 SE 2WD
  • bob382bob382 Posts: 2
    Great! Thank you for sharing the info.
  • 2010 SE 4x4 My area they are knocking almost $4700.00 off sticker.Swapped my 08 on a 10.
  • hey shortbread, would you mind sharing your excel doc? i'm just starting out and it'd be great to get a head start
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    I just got a 2010 Xterra 4WD S w/mats, Auto. Price was $24000 out the door. Included a $3500 trade of an '01 Maxima 20th Ann. with 101000 miles and lots of noises. Lets just say it was in what I would call rough shape.
    btw, around here, out the door means everything including taxes.
    I love the truck. Can't wait for some snow! ;)
  • Hi, Guys. After coming up to Tampa from the Keys to visit with me, my dad purchased a 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X in the red brick color with gray leather. It's an automatic with the Nevada Tow Package, retractable cargo cover and the Pro-4X mats. MSRP was $32,575, and he got it for $28,078. I do have a question I'd like to know if anyone knows the answer to. I was watching the enclosed DVD that Nissan gives you to get to know the vehicle, and there was a section that mentioned that the trip meter had the distance to empty, miles per gallon average and so on. But my Dad's Xterra doesn't have this, only the Trip A and Trip B readout. So I'm wondering what year did Nissan delete this on the Xterras since obviously it was still on the DVD???
  • Hey chasboy - looks like a good deal. Ready to buy one myself by Nov 30 to take advantage of extra $500 "holiday cash". Lookin' at a 2010 "S" model 4x4 with automatic, floor mats, prot. pkg B. They're ready to sell for $25,954 out the door (includes 6.5% tax, dealer fee, no trade, etc.)...sound reasonable?
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    Without consulting a spreadsheet that seems good Dallas. I figure the list price is about 28-29K, figure the tax is about 1700, so you got about 4G's off the price. did you get the $2250 rebate?? I assume the $500 is a new bonus?
  • exoman1exoman1 Posts: 12

It seems nobody has posted here in quite some time, so I'm hoping to re-start the conversation. I have an 02' Xterra and looking to buy a 2013. There is a HUGE amount of inventory, yet dealers seem slow to discount the 2013's, given they've already had a year of depreciation. Is the Xterra getting a little long in the tooth? Yes, I think it is but it's a good utilitarian vehicle. I'd like to buy an S level 4x4 but think the right price is in the range of $22K. When can we expect Nissan to recognize dealers need more help to sell the remaining 2013 inventory?

• exoman1exoman1 Posts: 12

Anyone else buying Xterra's these days wish to share the deal you've made? I had feedback from one dealer who agrees with me that Nissan is slow to give incentives to move their 2013 inventory. Best case for me would be nobody IS buying the Xterra's at the moment which MAY get Nissan's attention;) Funny that I just went to the Milwaukee car show this weekend and they didn't even bother to show the Xterra... I let the Nissan folks on hand know my disappointment.

• jdevensjdevens Posts: 3

Apparently it's just you and me, dude! You would think these things are GOLD. Little to nothing from Nissan to move the 2013 models, no ads, almost no mention on any dealer site- it's odd, and there are lots of 2013's out there. In 4 years that 2013 Xterra will look like a model T so I'm not paying too much. I cross-shopped the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport w/ the 2.0 Turbo and the Toyota Highlander. The Highlander was $5000 off with ZERO % financing for 60 mos and the Santa Fe was $6200 off (both 2013 models). I preferred the Xterra for personal reasons: deep snow, true 4wd (not AWD), full frame, I haul a trailer, etc but Nissan needs to get competitive. I just started seeing $4000 off 2013 models a few days ago and that may get me where I need to be if the S is 28,xxx and I can get to 24,xxx...... but 22,xxx sounds better. Where are you, exoman1 ?

18910111214»