Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Xterra Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

Comments

• austinxaustinx Posts: 8
    I got quoted so far 22k OTD for a "S" 2wd with 6-speed from autoway nissan. This is without getting multiple dealers involved, and without buying multiple cars. Lets keep in touch, and we can figure out an attack plan for getting a good deal on 3 trucks. Autoway seemed to have the most inventory. Tampa or Moxie, you can email me at Austin1@tampabay.rr.com

-Austin-
    What dealership are you looking at?
  • moxie1moxie1 Posts: 12
    Hi, Tampa. I'm looking for black with the details listed below. I am glad you mentioned that July had a $500 manuf. to dealer incentive. I thought Thumper had received only the college grad. incentive of $500, so I was not considering the other $500. I did not realize there were any dealer incentives until the current one beg. Aug. 1 of $1,000.

It sounds like you are shooting for a better deal than Thumper (with your extra options). Do you think the dealers are getting carry over allowances now?

Any second thoughts with the gas prices escalating toward $3.00? The idea of 16 mpg (or possibly less) is nerve-wracking, so I am definitely considering this.

Anyway, here is what I am looking for:

S 2WD, Black
    Power Pkg.
    Utility Pkg.
    Body Side Moldings
    B94 Splash Guards
    B10 Splash Guards
    In-cabin Microfilter
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    (Flexible on the the cargo cover and organizer, and want to find the price on plastic floor mats for back-up)

I received an internet quote in the $21 - 22,000 range (not including tax, tag and title fees) for the above plus cargo cover. Of course, this is higher than what you seem to have already gotten in Tampa. If you are shooting for a better deal than Thumper, I will figure out a similar target. I'll need to calculate.

Moxie
    Austin and Tampa,

Sorry, Austin - didn't see your message until after I replied to Tampa.
    Sounds good.

Moxie

P.S. Reminder to Tampa on what I'm looking for (forgot to repeat it on the list I just sent):

Automatic in the S 2WD, but might be able to go with SE or 4WD, if exactly what I want is not available (depending on addtl. cost). I keep getting different advice on the 2WD vs. 4WD, so am a little confused on that (4WD doesn't really seem necessary to me for one day of snow per year).
    Tampa and Austin,

Hello, again. I just received an e-mail from the internet quotes that I have been investigating.

In case you didn't know: there is a new incentive -$1,000 cash to customer. It seems the manuf. to dealer incentive is gone, but I'm not sure on that because I thought the last time I checked, it was to run through Sept. I will check the Nissan website. Interestingly, when I went to a dealership yesterday for a drive and told them what it would take for me to buy, they told me the first: there was no incentive...then: when I let them know I had already checked this online, they said the money was for them to keep...ha, ha! Of course, they gave me a ridiculous price and tried the intimidation ploy, but they were messing with the wrong person. Little did they know that my new name is Moxie.

Moxie
  • I've been doing a lot of research on this truck and so far I like it. I've test driven it and finally decided which one I want (X-terra SE 2WD) and the color. The only problem I have right now is talking the price down.

This will be my first NEW vehicle and I really want to get a good price with all I want on it. Does anyone have any good advice about getting the dealer to lower the price? So far the lowest price I've gotten is 23,700. I really haven't tried to bid on it- for example saying I will pay you 22,000. I would like to get it at 23000 drive out price, it would be perfect.

Music
  • Ha, Moxie,
    This sounds so familiar. I am a woman and for some reason dealerships must think women are so stupid and they don't know how to research. I know how to get the invoice prices so when they try and give me the invoice price that isn't the same one I have, I just tell them, nevermind because I can get a better price elsewhere.

Music77057
    It seems as though you want the same vehicle as me, minus the Automatic (I cant pass up a 6-speed). And I was quoted 22 OTD at one dealership, then another dealership told me they would beat that price. Now imagine if we bought three cars from them. I would suspect at least a couple of hundred dollars in savings. I will do my homework.
  • ddandjjddandjj Posts: 1
    My daughter was at Champion in Houston trying to get to the same OTD price of 23000. They got to 24,800 but then came up with ridiculous trade in quote and other number shuffling so she left. She lives in the Houston 77057 zip code and wants to buy for OTD price of 23000. She then wants to get the new grad $500 in her pocket, get $1500 for her car trade in. So basically finance 21500. at the 4% interest rate promotion going on now. If you find a dealership that may deal let me know and I will do the same. It was really weird reading your email and that you came up with the same desired drive out price on the SE-auto. She wants the night armour color- which one do you want? Also I was told the 06 should be coming out in about OCT-- anybody know anything else and ideas on how it might effect price on remaining 05. It may be worth it to wait to see prices of 06 or how much 05 would drop.
  • tampatampa Posts: 12
    Moxie, AustinX, Musica,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2005 Nissan Xterra
    S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
    What Others
    Are Paying

MSRP Invoice
    National Base Price
    A note about advertising fees $21,650 $20,475 $21,408
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change - - -$94
    Optional Equipment $3,120 $2,500 $2,943
    P01 Power Package $900 $780 $866
    U01 Utility Package $650 $564 $625
    W94 Nevada Tow Package $440 $345 $413
    N93 Autodimming EC Mirror w/Compass $230 $171 $213
    K92 Protection Package $170 $130 $159
    F95 Adjustable Cargo Organizer $150 $111 $139
    F10 Body Side Molding (Black) $110 $77 $101
    L92 Carpeted Floor Mats (4 pc. set) $110 $74 $100
    B94 Splash Guards $110 $72 $99
    B10 Splash Guards $110 $72 $99
    F96 Retractable Cargo Cover $80 $60 $74
    M10 In-Cabin Microfilter $60 $44 $55
    Color Adjustment - - $0
    Avalanche
    Destination Charge $580 $580 $580
    Total with Options $25,350 $23,555 $24,837
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Spoke, at length, with a guy today about his new X. I didn't see the window sticker but did see that '4 corner' white paper the salesmen use. He got very simular to 'my car', (no tow and something else) BUT did get BOTH AIRBAGS which are a lot more than a tow package. He negotiated regionally but bought locally saying doing that cost him money and wished he had bought elsewhere.
    And he never even talked with Guru Thumper ;)

The bold circled number on the '4 cornered' paper was $22,9 hundred and something (I forget) Out the Door. He got a red/ maroon colored one.

My $21,5K, out the door, offer is in the ball park. Moxie's going to get us the new dealer incentives (the best incentive is $2.49 a gallon).

Famous quote by Jesse Livermore:
    When you know you're right............ Sit tight.

Tampa
  • (ddandjj)
    I've gotten the best price at Champion Nissan in Katy for 23700. I want the silver color. I know that the new 06's come out in October and I'm thinking that around September they will (hopefully) be giving $2000 rebates because my friend got a 2004 in february and she said that if she would of waited a week later she would of gotten $2000 dollars off. She just got $1000. Also because they need to get rid of the 2005's to make room for the 2006's. I think if you wait closer to October and the end of the month you get better pricing. I think that's what I'm going to do. I would also recommend your daughter sell her car on her own, get a better deal. I have a car too but I'm trying to sell it myself instead of trading it in. I'm sure she could probably get $2000 for it. Keep me updated on what you think.

Music77057
    Here is the incentive info.:

Manufacturer to Customer

Rebates $250 Cash to Customer start: 08/17/2005 end: 09/06/2005
    Restrictions $250 Customer cash may be combined with 3% - 4% APR.

$500 Cash to Customer start: 07/01/2005 end: 09/30/2005
    Restrictions College Graduate Program may be combined with other programs. Must have graduated college within last 24 months, or provide proof of upcoming graduation within 6 months. Customer must finance through NMAC. See dealer for complete requirements.

$1000 Cash to Customer start: 08/17/2005 end: 09/06/2005 Get Dealer Pricing
    Restrictions $1000 Customer cash cannot be combined with special APR programs.

Financing Start: 08/17/2005 End: 09/06/2005 3% APR Term: 12 months
    3% APR Term: 24 months Get Dealer Pricing
    3% APR Term: 36 months Get Dealer Pricing
    4% APR Term: 48 months Get Dealer Pricing
    4% APR Term: 60 months Get Dealer Pricing
    Restrictions $250 Customer cash may be combined with 3% - 4% APR.

Leasing
    There are no special lease terms available at this time.

Manufacturer to Dealer

Marketing Support
    There is no marketing support available at this time.

Moxie
    Any updates?
  • So I shopped around yesterday trying to find the best deal of course. The lowest I could get from any dealer in my area was 21,888 OTD for "S" 6-Speed with power and utility. I was not happy with this, so last night before going to bed I sent an email to 6-7 dealerships telling them I wanted the truck for 21,400 OTD. Some called me this morning and told me I was crazy, then one called and said he would honor this price! I couldnt believe it. I am not a recent grad so I did not get that 500. I love this truck, it drives amazing, and if you would like an awesome deal, go to Hill Nissan in Winter Haven. The funny thing is that the exact truck that I bought was acquired through a dealer trade, and when it was in Brandon, they told me the lowest they would go is 21,888. So then Hill Nissan of Winter Haven got that exact truck from Brandon, and sold it to me for 21,400!
  • mentemente Posts: 11
    I too am hoping they'll go up with their incentive. Right now here's what I have: 2005 S 4x4 + pwr/util pkg: $23,300 (after rebate, not TTLD)... Is this a good deal?
  • mente,

what else are you getting? step-rails?, carpeted floor mats?
    Is it an automatic or manual?
  • mentemente Posts: 11
    pwr/util. pkg includes step-rails; no mats. this is for an autmoatic S 4x4. Thanks for the response!!

mente
  • mente,

Seems like you're getting it for $1000 bucks below invoice...not bad.
  • I am planning on buying a similar package that you have bought. Can you tell me if you got an 2005 Xtreaa S 5AT 4X4 or 2WDrw ? Can you please send me the complete specs of what you have bought and at what price ? TT&L I assume is Title and Licence - correct ? Also can you give me the address /contact of the dealers that you have bought this car ?

Any help is appreciate.
  • I just bought an Xterra SE 2x4. It's a GREAT truck, fully loaded except for the 4x4 part which I don't need cause I live in the city. I have to say it was a difficult time buying. I went to about 5 dealerships till I settled for the last one. I have to say though that there is a dealership in Katy where the manager was really rude and unwilling to listen to lowering the price. He was the worst person I had to deal with and made my buying experience unpleasent. That is one dealership that I will NEVER GO TO or recommend to ANYONE EVER. All in all the dealership I went to matched price and more plus I got a protection package that I didn't want but the truck came with and the manager gave me for free. They really made my day after dealing with the jerk at the katy location.
    Music