Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Optima 2006.5-2008

Comments

• We just bought a used Kia Optima 2006.5, but can't find the owners manual. Does anyone know where we might be able to download a PDF or purchase one cheaply?

Thanks!
  • redptcredptc Posts: 78
    You can look on E-BAY for a manual,or go to KIA.COM &click on owners.They have a owners manual that you can download. GOOD LUCK! :shades:
  • Thanks so much for the response!

I went to the KIA Global Information System (http://www.kiatechinfo.com) this morning and couldn't locate it on the Glove Box Materials page, but since then the site has been updated and it's there now. The only problem is that I can't seem to figure out whether I should download the 2006 or 2007 PDF. There isn't a specific PDF for the 2006.5 model.

Here's the page I found on the GIS site that had the list of manuals:

http://www.kiatechinfo.com/TechInfo/Glove/board_view.asp?docu_no=7&page=1
  • mickeyrommickeyrom Posts: 936
    OK :) Just got back form a long trip.Put on 358 miles on this tank, and still have a "range" of 220 more miles. How do you like them apples?
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    I'd think the 07 would be identical. I think there were no improvements to the 07 v. 06.5, it was done to increase fuel economy for the 06 model year, or so it was speculated. Personally I thought that was bad marketing.

The 06 would probably get you the older car.
    Use the OPTIMA MG listing. Gets you to the download of the owners manuals. GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • So the Optima MG pdf is the 2006.5 manual... That's good to know. Late last night I printed out the 2007 manual thinking there probably wouldn't be a huge difference. Would there be any advantage in recycling that and printing out the MG manual instead?
    Compare the 2006.5 with the 2007 , ------
  • Bought a 2007 with 14k on the odometer a couple of weeks ago from CarMax. My 2001 Ford Focus hit 99k and started falling apart at all ends. Read many articles on the net before I decided to buy this car. Tried out Camry and Accord but they were out of my price range. I guess it's true that those two hold strong resale value.

What I read on the Optima... it's well built and can give Camry and Accord a run for their money. My parents bought a new 2008 Accord EX-L, first of the year. A very nice car but this Optima seems just as big and rides the same. It has tons more room than the Ford.

I have been reading the threads here and it seems like you guys are pretty satisfied with your Optimas.

The only issue I had.. it was pulling bad to the right and they did a wheel alignment and that was fixed. I also complained to the guys at CarMax to check the right low beam headlight. It was spotlighting the ditch. They said they would. They said they had to take the car to the KIA dealership for the alignment.

I knew the very next night coming home from work the light wasn't fixed. I took it back. The lights are even and straight but they are "high". I read these "projector" beam lights put out a lot of light but this is extreme. I haven't been bright lighted by anyone yet. I'm a little tired of taking this car back. Does anyone know how to adjust the beams? I want them down a little. Seeing the leafs on the bottoms of high trees doesn't seem right to me.. :sick:
  • mickeyrommickeyrom Posts: 936
    It's likely that your headlights are as they are supposed to be.You'll get used to it...I did.
  • I guess so. It's better than it was before.

I really like this car. I wanted something a lot more roomy than my old car and I didn't want to give up a 4 cyl. engine. This is by far the strongest I4 I've ever owned. I read one MT review where one guy reported that all the judges thought it was V6.

I didn't think the styling was that big of a deal. But it did turn heads when I drove into work. When people asked what kind of car it was they just kind of chuckled. I just walked on. But I caught a few still turning around and looking at it. I know the old KIA mentality folks have towards its reliability.

KIA would be out of their mind setting a nice 5yr/60k mile warranty on a car that is not up to par. They'd go broke fixing them. Honda and Toyota have the 3yr/36k mile warranty bumper to bumper. Honda and Toyota's power train is equal to my bumper to bumper.

Since I bought it second hand I'm only allowed the bumper to bumper and not the 10yr/100k mile powertrain warranty. While my parent's bumper to bumper warranty on their 08' Accord will run out.. Mine will still be going strong. I feel like a winner....
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,681
    Yep, the Optima has that "power to surprise" a lot of people, doesn't it? ;)
  • tcsftcsf Posts: 3
    It's been almost 5 months since I have the car. After the initial problem with the engine light coming on after 3 days and the poor service from the dealer where I bought the car, things are a lot better all round.

The service department at the dealer has improved (maybe due to the numerous calls to KIA customer service ???).

Thus far, I had changed engine oil and filter twice, first time after owning it for a week because it was an 07 car and had been sitting in the lot since March, 07 and the oil in it could be > 1 year old. I sent the car in for the "first service" after 3 months. As I have mentioned in my previous posting, the car is seldom used. After 5 months, there is only 2100 miles on it, mostly driven on short trips between 50-150 miles on weekends. I have not checked its MPG. Tires at 35psi, checked weekly.

The interior has held up well over the bumpy NYC roads with all the potholes and uneven surfaces. No rattling sounds, sign of decent (good?) workmanship of assembled parts. A nice feature is the solar glass used, save me $ as I do not have to tint the windows and other glasses. I have compared it to my niece Camry and my sister Matrix, and they both said this car is really more quiet & the ride is better.

I have also "dressed up" the car, adding the sunroof deflector, mud guards front and rear, window visors, trunk cargo liner and the all weather floor mats. I manage to find a KIA dealer out west where the prices are much cheaper than here in NY. The only other accessory added is a simple passive alarm, wired to work with the car keyless entry remote.

After the initial tiny problem, I have to say that the car has been a real surprise. :)
    If I were you, I would not change oil more often than the "severe" service interval for the car (what is that, 3000 miles?) or every 6 months, whichever comes first. However, changing out that original oil real quick was a good idea.
  • bifphbifph Posts: 1
    My 2006.5 Kia Optima has had its check engine light come on at 40,000 miles due to the Variable Valve Timing Control (VVTC) according to my mechanic.

Has anyone here had a similar experiance? How was it eventually solved?
    Or just take it to your friendly neighborhood Kia dealer and have them fix it, since it's still under warranty.
  • Hello,
    Anyone knows where the fuel filter located on 2007 Optima 4 Cylinder 2.4L?
    I'm ready to change it, but like to know if accessible from under the car,
    thnx
    Endre
  • Hello,
    Is there a cabin air filter for the 2007 Optima ?
    thnx
    Endre
  • Hello,

Most of today's cars call for plug replacement at 100k but the Optima 2006.5+ calls for every 30k. Is it because the plug type that is installed at the factory and a better plug would go farther, or is it the design of the engine?

\thnx
    Endre
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    I've always suspected that the high maintenance costs are there to offset the cost of the warranty.