Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Shelby GT500

Comments

• rhellerrheller Posts: 61
    Bri66 - I believe it is an English term referring to the hood. Since I'm all American, I should have said hood. I, too, want one of those dash plates, but won't have my Vin # until later in the year at the earliest.
    Please let me (us) know how to navigate to your Edmunds album - thanks.
  • bri66bri66 Posts: 220
    If you go to the top of this forum page and double click on CarSpace. You will see a box with members photos and video's. Double click on photo's and you will see my car space Bri66 album photo's.
    That's a sweet looking GT 500! Exactly what color is it? Looks like your car was not delivered to a dealership. What state did you purchase it from? Just curious. Was the truck driver able to onload and offload it without damaging the fascia? BTW - I'm not far across the Mass border, in NH.
    Alloy with the silver stripes. It was ordered on June 24th and delivered to Franklin Ford on Sep 29th. Small Ford dealer short distance from Framingham, MA. I was amazed it had no scratches at all. Especially where they placed it on the end of the car carrier and I-495 South was under construction at the time.
    I don't believe some small Ford dealerships paid FoMo for the privilege to sell Shelby Mustangs, but that's a hunch on my part. You are indeed lucky to have the car delivered in such fine shape. I had my former Buick Wildcat delivered in an open carrier from San Diego to CT. It showed up a mess, with a heavy film of diesel oil all over the car.
    I'm having to put down a sizeable, non-refundable down payment on my '08 because I am insisting on no CA emissions package. The dealership customarily orders their cars with the package because bordering states require it.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    It is my understanding that now a days, cal emmisions is basically a different warrenty.

Does anyone know what the difference is?
    Decades ago it meant worse fuel economy, less HP, and difficulty tuning the engine. I would like to think it has changed, but I doubt its simply a warranty issue.
  • nipntucknipntuck Posts: 13
    You know what, I still have yet to see your car on the photo page? I don't think this is a very user friendly site. Maybe I'm wrong but is anyone else having problems?
    Here is a short cut to my album. http://carspace.com/bri66
  • nipntucknipntuck Posts: 13
    Very nice car! I see you are a die hard Mustang fan? What happened to Fastgirls pics?
    Thank you. Anyone who knows me knows I have Ford oil in my veins. I can't wait till this winter's over so I can start driving them. I'm sure she will post her pictures as soon as she shuts her car off to give it a rest. HA! HA! :shades:
    How about a little shop talk for a change.
    How accessible is the oil filter and oil pan drain plug on the new GT500?
  • Hey bri66,

The new Shelby GT500 dash plaques are now available online at shelby autos!!! I just ordered mine earlier today. The email said 6 - 8 weeks for delivery.

I'm going to look into having that clear coated to protect Carroll's signature!

I also ordered the Cervini's side scoops and window scoops.

I'll add pics once they are installed after I get them.
    Thanks for the info. I've been checking their site daily waiting for this day. I just tried to order, but their web-site to confirm order won't open. I will try again later. You placed your order for the scoops, awesome. Please let me know what you think when you get them.
    I haven't done one yet and my first one in April is going to be free from the dealer. However the car as you know is pretty low and I believe you will need a lift to do it. As for location underneath I'm not too sure.
    It took me about 100 tries, but I finally got the order in. Their server must be very busy I guess. If anyone has trouble keep trying. I am so glad I waited for these plates vs ripping my dash apart to send the dash plate. You get the $200 autograph (CSCF), the dash plate with vin#, and the sill plates for $300. Not too bad. :shades:
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    Saw a Shelby on the road, all black, no adornments, no stripes, no chrome wheels, etc., didn't even have any writing on it. It was beautiful. Can see the attraction. The car has its own special character, quite unlike any other car. :shades:
    Boy, this forum is slow. Nobody seems to know where their oil filter is under the hood, so let's talk about the styling. How difficult is it to mount the front license plate bracket? Are their indentations to show exactly where the holes go? Any suggestions for straight mounting of the bracket, or does one have to trust the dealership on this one? As much as I would love to avoid it, I really don't want to be hassled by the local police. Carroll Shelby's "Own GT500," which is being auctioned for charity is a blue with white stripes. The front license plate bracket on that particular car looks really nice.
    Can't help you with the oil filter. I have yet to look for it. I know as low to the ground as it sits you probably need a lift to get a look under. As for the front license plate I had the dealer install mine. They did show me prior to drilling it where it would go and there were two small dibits on the front bumper you could see under the paint where they drill it out. Take a look at my pictures on my car space and tell me if it looks straight to you. My co-workers I think are just busting me, but they claim mine is crooked. I brought it back to the dealership and they loosened it and re tightened, but they claim they drilled it correctly. Let me know what you think?
    Thank you for the reply bri66. Much appreciated. Any chance you would drop me a line at RGHeller50@aol.com?