Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FERRARI 599 - The Best Ferrari Ever?

2»

Comments

• Yeah it does look a little busy. Sacrifices looks for the functional aspects of the car. A modern Ferrari should do both. Not a nice balance.
  • It doesn't have as many scoops as a Lotus Elise though.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,595
    There are directly conflicting accounts of the new front-engined successor to the Maranello in the autoZines for March 2006.

Automobile shows the version above and says the car will be named 599GTB and have around 600HP from 6 liters while the new CAR(UK) shows a less aggressive but more attractive car similar to the 612 Scaglietti and tells us to expect 575 HP from the 6 liter V12 and says it'll be called the F600 Imola.

They can't both be right :confuse:, but they could both be wrong :sick: ;)

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• Ferrari's heritage is so rich that its difficult to compare it with Aston Martin.

Ferrari is a high-revving Sports car with an almost ethereal driving experience. Ferrari's design is in its engine, its steering, its suspension. Aston's design is in its skin.

Besides aston has made sedans in the past and will make them in future too. Ferrari on the other hand is pure 2-door car-maker, the last of its kind, expesially since porsche changed its course 3 years ago.

In F1, Ferrari: 15 wins Aston: 0.
    LeMans Ferrari: 9 wins Aston: 1

Comparing Ferrari and Aston is like comparing a stallion with Pamela Anderson, not a good idea.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    CAR is simply late with the info. Automobile has the actual pics and specs while CAR has a spy photo/creation.

M
  • Regardless of our preferences, we can all agree, Ferrari's kick [non-permissible content removed]! I recently had a 575 Maranello, Black, pull up beside me in San Francisco on a business trip. I was following my boss, and he was beside her in her CLK 430. Sweet combo right there!
    ">

Yessss ... I could see myself in the 599 too!
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,595
    GTB appear in the new (May '06?)
    EVO(UK) and I must say the new Ferrari GTB looks smashing. I wasn't sure about the "flying buttresses" aft of the cockpit but they're starting to look good to me.

Thirty and some years ago I had to get used to the glass nose on early Euro model Daytonas but now I think that's the way to have your 365 GTB/4 (if only...:cry:)

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• i think they can do it better...the design is not enough as can be beautiful...the enzo is more beautiful :)
  • What does everyone think of the new 599? Do you think it is the most beautiful ferrari ever? Too similar to the 612 Scaglietti? Speak your mind here...

Personally I am a little discouraged by the Mitsubishi Eclipse look. The dinky door handles and the overall lines, especially at the front.
  • fixxxerfixxxer Posts: 11
    I personally think the 599 GTB Fiorano is the single best deal in the exotic car market today. Think about it, and it's competition.

For a huge front engine Halo GT car, there's the McMerc SLR, which costs $455,000, while the GTB costs about $250,000 - $300,000. It's also faster.

If you wanted that engine in an Enzo, you pay about a million, but in the GTB, less than $300,000.

What about other 600 horsepower cars? Carrera GT was $444,000 and was a beast to handel.

The styling? I think it looks brilliant. The agressive front end with the powerfull bonnett. The flying buttresses and the rear diffuser are fabulous. The interior is bespoke, and there's a big boot. I wish it had 4 rear tail lights, but thats just my personal ferrari thing.

I LOVE that car, its my dream car.
  • billymaybillymay Posts: 59
    I don't care for it. The 612 is the GT cruiser, and a great one. The F430 is the sports car. What Ferrari ought to have done was come up with another mid-engined V12 supercar.

The 599 does look a bit like the Eclipse, but heavier in the back. But IMO it doesn't serve much purpose, and it looks nondescript. There's an article in a current magazine featuring the new Maserati, and the designer (who did the 599 as well), admits that while the "599 is a bit challenging, the (new Maserati) is a classic beauty."

I miss the Boxer, actually. What an animal.
  • When I started this thread, nobody knew that the 600 would become the 599 - and I am pretty much shure this is the BEST FERRARI EVER. Sure we all have our favorites, and the classic Ferrari's are nice, the Enzo's a beast - but for an all around car you can drive almost every day, the 599 is pretty spectacular. Should I ever have the means, the 599 will be mine. In the interim, however long that might be, I'll just enjoy another masterful creation by the best exotic manufacturer in the world = Ferrari!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    Hey, we're glad you started this thread. I changed the title to "599" so that others can find it.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• don't care for it. then again I don't consider anything ove 1500lbs a sports car antway
  • This is a very exciting sight!

• yelnats20yelnats20 Posts: 2
    the new one the Italia is the best. Bar none. Looks better. Crazy horsepower.
  • Hi,I'm new here,joined moments ago.I was perusing Edmunds and decided to look up my personal favorite that I've owned,the 512bbi and saw the discussion about the 599.There are supposedly 2,The 599xx,not for sale to the public.I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not this was true.Also had a 63 1/2 lusso,but the boxer was just perfect.Traded the lusso for a gt40,it was'nt very comfortable but I was glad I did it.Thank You,67tanker
2»