Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FERRARI 599 - The Best Ferrari Ever?

Comments

• merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    For all intents and purposes, the 600 IS the new Testarossa.

The power of suggestion:

F600 Testarossa

M
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,593
    Interesting that they plan to revive the Testarossa name but red valve covers are the norm in current Ferraris IIRC.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• xkssxkss Posts: 722
    The Ferrari 550 Maranello has won several sports cars races, but will the new 600 Imola be raced?
  • I'm a big fan of the GT, personaly I think that anything resembling a 250GT is the true essance of the mark. I followed a Scagletti the other day, and was thinking how much nicer a smaller version of this car would look. Now dreams will come true.
  • I have not mentioned the Ferrari F50 in my posts and well, I have reviewed my favorite Ferrari's, and have to say the F50 is in my Top 3 ... something I failed to mention previously. :shades:

Just some pics I pulled from another forum. Not sure if they're official, but the way they are shot say classic Ferrari press release. Is this newest Ferrari supposed to debut at Detroit next week? If so these could be the real thing.

M
  • tsaupe1tsaupe1 Posts: 166
    Ferrari will be showing the new F430 Challenge car, a two-tone 612 Scaglietti and an FXX. Nothing on the owner's site regarding the 600. Usually those unveilings take place at Geneva.
    Everybody's entitled to their opinion but for me the F50 doesn't cut it next to the F40 or the 288GTO. It doesn't crack the top ten on my list of favorite Ferraris.

• Hey - Ferrari fooled us - according to edmunds this is Ferrari 599 for 5,999cc of displacement.

Previously, I had been complaining that the car in the spy photos looked like the most recent generation of corvettes. I think the Ferrari 599 definitely sets itself apart. However, in its overall proportions it does have some similarities. What if those headlight clusters were arranged horizontally and front fenders were less distinct?

I like the turned up wing in the back but what happened the multiple taillights? I'm not real crazy about those single taillights.

As far as the best Ferrari ever? I bet this thing blows the doors off the 575, 550, or Testarossa series which are the fair comparisons.

In the looks department - overall better looking than the new 2+2. Definitely more aggressive and high in pinnache. Its better looking than the outgoing 575m. Sorry, I still think the Testarossa series looks better and hey that 288 is a bad [non-permissible content removed] machine too.

Given the choice between the Ferrari and an Aston Martin - since styling is so important to me - its the Aston hands down.
    Yeah I'm reading about the specs now, 620hp! It looks like it will eat the road for sure, but I gotta see this car in person. Some elements look a little busy, especially the various scoops/vents on the side.

M
  • Yeah it does look a little busy. Sacrifices looks for the functional aspects of the car. A modern Ferrari should do both. Not a nice balance.
  • It doesn't have as many scoops as a Lotus Elise though.
    There are directly conflicting accounts of the new front-engined successor to the Maranello in the autoZines for March 2006.

Automobile shows the version above and says the car will be named 599GTB and have around 600HP from 6 liters while the new CAR(UK) shows a less aggressive but more attractive car similar to the 612 Scaglietti and tells us to expect 575 HP from the 6 liter V12 and says it'll be called the F600 Imola.

They can't both be right :confuse:, but they could both be wrong :sick: ;)

• Ferrari's heritage is so rich that its difficult to compare it with Aston Martin.

Ferrari is a high-revving Sports car with an almost ethereal driving experience. Ferrari's design is in its engine, its steering, its suspension. Aston's design is in its skin.

Besides aston has made sedans in the past and will make them in future too. Ferrari on the other hand is pure 2-door car-maker, the last of its kind, expesially since porsche changed its course 3 years ago.

In F1, Ferrari: 15 wins Aston: 0.
    LeMans Ferrari: 9 wins Aston: 1

Comparing Ferrari and Aston is like comparing a stallion with Pamela Anderson, not a good idea.
    CAR is simply late with the info. Automobile has the actual pics and specs while CAR has a spy photo/creation.

M
  • Regardless of our preferences, we can all agree, Ferrari's kick [non-permissible content removed]! I recently had a 575 Maranello, Black, pull up beside me in San Francisco on a business trip. I was following my boss, and he was beside her in her CLK 430. Sweet combo right there!
    ">

Yessss ... I could see myself in the 599 too!
    GTB appear in the new (May '06?)
    EVO(UK) and I must say the new Ferrari GTB looks smashing. I wasn't sure about the "flying buttresses" aft of the cockpit but they're starting to look good to me.

Thirty and some years ago I had to get used to the glass nose on early Euro model Daytonas but now I think that's the way to have your 365 GTB/4 (if only...:cry:)

• i think they can do it better...the design is not enough as can be beautiful...the enzo is more beautiful :)
  • What does everyone think of the new 599? Do you think it is the most beautiful ferrari ever? Too similar to the 612 Scaglietti? Speak your mind here...

Personally I am a little discouraged by the Mitsubishi Eclipse look. The dinky door handles and the overall lines, especially at the front.
  • fixxxerfixxxer Posts: 11
    I personally think the 599 GTB Fiorano is the single best deal in the exotic car market today. Think about it, and it's competition.

For a huge front engine Halo GT car, there's the McMerc SLR, which costs $455,000, while the GTB costs about $250,000 - $300,000. It's also faster.

If you wanted that engine in an Enzo, you pay about a million, but in the GTB, less than $300,000.

What about other 600 horsepower cars? Carrera GT was $444,000 and was a beast to handel.

The styling? I think it looks brilliant. The agressive front end with the powerfull bonnett. The flying buttresses and the rear diffuser are fabulous. The interior is bespoke, and there's a big boot. I wish it had 4 rear tail lights, but thats just my personal ferrari thing.

I LOVE that car, its my dream car.