Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celica GT performance help needed.

2»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,416
    It's a normal wear and tear item on older cars. Sooner or later all manual transmission cars will get crunchy on shifts.

Aside from the "resting on gearshift" bad habit, another bad habit is downshifting at too high a speed, boy-racer style.

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Yup your brakes have a lot more braking power than your engine and clutch! :)

-mike
  • I just got done modifying the same exact type of car this past weekend, and it really purrs and cruises now. I got all my parts off ebay, and all for under $100. I installed an electric centrifugal supercharger ($40 + s/h), a K & N high flow air filter ($7.99 + s/h), and a Floblade which fits right into the intake right before the throttle body to create a vortex causing the air to flow into the cylinders better and allows for a more thorough combustion of fuel and is supposed to be a gas saver. That was $10 + s/h. To install the supercharger, you'd also need to pick up various items such as about 10 feet of 12 gauge wire, some butt cable connectors and a few random odds and ends from the hardware store. It takes a couple hours to install everything mentioned if you know where the relevant parts of your engine are and if you have the right basic tools. Some great performance for not a lot of money! I'm now thinking about putting a performance exhaust on, but I'd leave that installation to the professionals.
  • i need help. i modified my 20r with daul sidedraft webbers 45. and headers with custom exhaust. promblem is the headers are red hot on the two to the right and the left side of the headers are normal . what would cause this promblem ty
  • hey I have a 91 gt and i have done pretty much all I can to it to make it faster and better performance, such as suspension, coilovers and such, but after all that my car wont go obove 117 due to the speed sensor or governor. How do I get past that?
  • the same thing happens to me when i shift at high rpms in my gt. but im still trying to figure out how to be able to bypass the governor/ speed sensor. does anyone know?
  • celica4ucelica4u Posts: 1
    I have an 87 celica gt convertible, black with alloy wheels,, has a few issues but runs like a champ when it wants to...I have put a lot of parts on it including new maf ,, it might be the ecu,, I just cant spend any more on it.. its in minnesota.
2»
This discussion has been closed.