Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Owners Manuals

Comments

• belvettebelvette Posts: 13
    Is there a web site where I could download a free copy of the service manual for a 2003 Ford mustang?
    Thanks in advance!
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Well not free (but close), but if you go to HelmInc, the have all of the Ford manuals online which you can print out (or create PDF's). I don't remember the specifics, but for like 10 or 15 bucks you get 24 hour access which is plenty of time to get what you need.

Compared to all of the hardcopy service manuals I've purchased for my vehicles in the past...this is a GREAT deal.

www.helminc.com
  • Does anybody know where I can download a free owners manual for a 2001 Saturn L200?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Worst case, you can get hardcopy at www.helminc.com
  • I am trying to find out if there are any web sites out there that have the 2002 trailblazer owners manual or maybe a Chilton's repair book so that I can find the information on how to change the front hub assembly or wheel bearing assembly whichever it is referred to as???
  • I have searched high and low for a free owners manual to download and print. Here's the deal - i just got this 4x4 SUV. Let me start by saying I've owned it a whole 2 weeks and it ran fine. Well it snowed here the other day - Being the girl that I am :) - I decided to push the "Winter" button that is located by the 4x4 shifter (along with a button that says "Power"). Once I pushed the "Winter" button and tried to drive off the vehicle cut out and started to idle rough - going down the highway at 3000 RPM I could only get to 60 MPH...I need to know either what these stupid buttons mean or a place where I could download a manual. Needless to say my check engine light is on now and SUV idles/drives terrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,967
    Owner's Manual on eBay:

How's Your Spanish?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• LOL - I'm not the best spanish speaking barrel racer around...unfortunately I dont think that a spanish manual will help me!
    Ah, que lastima....well I TRIED! This is a hard manual to find. I can't imagine "winter" mode being anything more than something that probably cuts out first gear, on a car this old I mean. I don't think they had computerized traction control back then, did they?

• You are exactly right - after researching on the internet, it claims that the winter button is used to provide a better traction by dropping into a lower gear for less tire slippage...now I had the CEL codes read last night - got codes mentioning o2 sensors and misfire in cyl 6...
    You are right - this is a hard manual to find, but I really appreciate you trying so hard. :)
    Well those codes are a chicken and egg situation. Did the misfire upset the 02 sensor or did the 02 sensor cause the misfire? Many people do replace 02 sensors unnecessarily, but then again, sometimes they are right to do so. More diagnosis seems to be in order here. The CEL codes don't tell you what component is defective, only which circuit is having difficulties.

Well an owner's manual is not your immediate problem. You need a worshop manual, and I know for sure that those appear on eBay, (in English). ;)

• Good Morning to the group...I hate to sound like the 'typical dumb blonde', but until I can find an owner's manual for my new (to me) 2000 Dodge Dakota Qad, I need some help figuring out how to make the back seats go down or out so I can get to the jack that's stored underneath the back seat. Can anyone help me out? Thanks so much in advance! :)
    I was going to refer you to a Dodge Dakota topic but I see you've posted in the Dakota forums---but not in the proper place---I'm sure the host there will"freeze" your post, and redirect or move your post to just the right place, so check back on your post over there:

Your Dakota Forums Post

Host
    M&R Forum

• Thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction. I forgot to mention that I was a rookie at this, but I'm guessing it wasn't too hard to figure that out! :) Thanks, again.

ps. I really appreciate the kindness, too. Some sites and hosts jump all over you if you mess up-they've forgotten what it was like to be a beginner. Kudos to you, Mr Shiftright! :blush:
    Nah, we aren't like that. Edmunds is a very friendly place!

• trying to find information on cd changer

• Thanks so much for the info not quite what i was looking for, or i over looked it i'll look again later.
    Ah, so you want to know how to operate it, not take it out?

• elbpfelbpf Posts: 3
    Does anyone know of a good Web site that provides free, clear, detailed diagrams for a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder? I am particularly interested in a diagram of the heater core and the control valve at this time, and the Service manuals I have seen do not have very good diagrams of this.

Also, does anyone know how to test a heater core to see if it is any good?

Thanks.
    Well presuming you can SEE it, you can check for leaks. After that, a simple test might be to feel the incoming and outgoing heater hoses--they should both be pretty warm.

As for crud, rust, etc, the only way to test it is to remove it.

If you e-mail me, I will send you a diagram of the heater core.

Hey, thanks for the helpful information, and your willingness to send me a diagram. I sent you an email, but you have already received it.

Thanks again.
    You should have the diagram by now.

I got it, thanks again for your assistance with this.
  • :) Going to start and try fixing my 2005 jeep cherkee window regulator. First is to get it out and see if the rivet is bad. Any suggestions welcome
    Well first suggestion is to place your question in the right topic. May I suggest===>

Jeep Cherokee Maintenance and Repair

MrShiftright
    Host

• dm67dm67 Posts: 1
    Looking for a copy of owner's manual for 1978 Chevrolet C65 with 366cc motor.
    Can someone tell me where to find one? Thanks.
  • I bought a 1995 Mustang GT and didnot have a owners manual.
    I would like to no were I can download a owners manual.
    Please help, thanks.
    could be tough. Ford has online owners manuals but they stop at 1996.

You might try www.onlinefreebooks.net

Otherwise, you could probably find one pretty cheap on eBay.