Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Which dealer was this? Thank you.
  • adco1adco1 Posts: 1
    Carman,
    Could you tell me the MF and residual for the Tech package for this month. Thank you in advance,
    Adam
  • Hello Car_Man,

Can you please post the leasing rates for a 2011 Acura MDX w/Technology and Entertainment Packages?

Also, can you point me to a page explaining how to use the residual value and money factor when evaluating lease options? It's been a while..

Finally, does anybody have any information on availability of the 2012 MDX and the differences with the 2011 model?

Thanks!
  • mk2mk2 Posts: 27
    Car_man,

Could you post current money factor and residual for a 48 months lease on MDX w/Tech if such deal exists?

Thanks!
  • mk2mk2 Posts: 27
    I'm getting the following quote for 2011 MDX w/Tech in NJ

Selling price: $42,900 (including destination)

36 month lease w/10K:
    Monthy payment: $536 (NJ tax included)
    Due at signing: ~$1,900
    ($536 first month payment, $595 bank fee, $300 DMV, $7.50 tire fee, $171 luxury tax, $300 Doc fee)

The deal sounds good to me, but I wonder if $300 each for DMV & Doc fee are high... Comments?

Thx
  • that sounds like a great deal. where did you get the deal from?
  • Can some one post the best lease rates available for a 2011/2012 MDX with Tech please?
  • I'd be happy to help you out, Adam. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello edcard61. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech and Entertainment with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

For a refersher course on leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mk2. You definitely do not want to lease this truck for 48 months. Acura's lease support is only available on it for up to 36 months. If you go with 48, the money factor jumps from .00068 to .00185.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi vasanth999. Please see my previous posts for the information on the 2011 model.

I haven't seen the lease program for the 2012 version of this truck yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    mk2 Can you tell us the MF, MSRP and Residual?
    jmgoldsmith
    You pose a very good question about byu vs lease, did you reach any conclusion?

Car Man can you give your valuable advise here to jmgoldsmith's question about lease vs buy please?
  • I am considering leasing instead of buying and have read articles and the forums here on the subject. Never leased before so I am still wading thru as much information as I can find.

Why do the money factors and residual percentages change month to month( I'm assuming they changed monthly based on what I saw)? Is it just like any other "interest rate" on your home or equity line? Is there a better time to take advantage of these rates?
    i.e. end of model year, last day of the month, etc..

Do Dealers have any control over these rates or are they set by Acura Finance?

Also, the incentives and rebates that are mention above....are any of those better at one time during the year than another? e.g holidays or middle of winter to incentivize people to buy/lease?

TIA...I appreciate you helping a newbie. :confuse:
  • Thanks Car_man! Much appreciated.
  • johninDCjohninDC Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    Would appreciate feedback on the following lease quote:

Msrp 49309
    Sale price 45501
    Tax 2780.86
    Tag, title registration 331
    Money factor .68
    Residual .54
    Drive off cost 702.86 (same as monthly payment)
    36 mos and 12k / YR

Thanks
  • I have never leased a vehicle before so I had some questions. I bought a crv in 07, traded it in for a Pilot in 09, and now I was going to trade in the Pilot for a MDX but the monthly payment is just a bit of out my budget. Thats when the dealer suggested looking into leasing. I am currently paying about 470 on the pilot's loan(4 yrs remaining). Based on KBB I could make about 3-4k after tradein, which I plan to put as downpayment. Is that the way to go seeing my buying habit?
    Hi Car Man,

MDX salesman in northern California told about 1 payment lease option, which he say's is the best deal if you have the cash to pay for the full lease upfront. He said this the best way to save money on lease.
    Does this make sense? Do you save on interest on 1 payment lease on MDX?

thx
  • IMHO you should have been leasing all along. I am very curious to see how much you've paid for your cars and what the dealers gave you at trade in.
    Is there a reason why you're trading your cars in so frequently?

Just based on your brief description I think you should definitely be leasing. I do advise against putting money down but I don't know if you can avoid it and still afford the car.
  • The RV and MF change for a variety of reasons. Access to capital (for the lender), supply and demand, and introduction of new models can all impact the rates and values.

Each financing company sets their own rates. Most dealers use AHFC and they have no say in the rates; they can only negotiate the price of the car.

I don't know if there is a better time of year to lease in terms of rates and incentives. I would guess that if there is excess supply before the new models are introduced then dealers would get more support from AHFC to get them of the lots. My dealer called me last year in September and offered to buy me out of my 08 lease (I had 6 months left) and put me into a 2010. He told me that they were stocking up on CPO MDXs and also had to move the 2010s off the lot.
This discussion has been closed.