Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Ha thanks hpowders. Happy New Year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi berrisj1. Through today, January 3rd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Acura is scheduled to introduce a new program some time tomorrow. It is difficult to say what that program will be like at this point. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I'll be happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out about the new program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi uvasa. Did the dealer mention what the selling price of the new MDX is? That number will make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • uvasauvasa Posts: 21
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for your response. The selling price would be $39,533

Thanks
  • You're welcome, uvasa. The dealer invoice price for a base 2012 Acura MDX is $40,296. The selling price that you were given is several hundred dollars under that...which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • vicki12vicki12 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Car man,

I have a question. I am trading in an acura tl tech in excellent condition with 20,000 miles with 3 months remaining. The dealer is giving me 500 in the deal for that is that fair. He is giving me a lease for 670 a month for 36 mos for an 2012 mdx with tech and entertainment with mudflaps,remote start, advance running boards and all season floor mats. 500 bank fee and tags - taxes included in 670 already - is this a good deal?
  • Hi vicki12. It's nice to see that your current TL is worth so much that you are able to get out of it three months early and get a $500 credit from it to boot. Sweet.

As far as the new MDX lease goes, you really should get the dealer to tell you what its selling price is. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think. If I was in the market for a 2012 Acura MDX right now, I would shoot for a selling price that's as close to its dealer invoice price as possible. You should be able to look up the invoice price of the exact vehicle that you want over in the Acura MDX New Vehicle Pricing page of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • am09am09 Posts: 21
    Can you tell is which dealership gave you this price? I am lookjng for 2012 tech mdx 36/15k no money down in northern nj.

Thank you.
  • am09am09 Posts: 21
    Car man,

Please post the mdx tech residual value, money factor and a good purchase price for a 36/15k no money down lease. Also, are there any current incentives for this model - i am looking to lease by the end of the month (my current mdx lease ends on january 31st).

Thank you
  • I'd be happy to help you out am09. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Acura is currently providing any cash incentives on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello everyone.
    I am looking to lease a 2012 MDX tech package with 10k per year. Can anyone tell me the best lease rate they have gotten so far? I do not want to put any money down, so I will split the $2500 down between 36 months,bringing the total to $570 per month, (Acura requires $2999 down but that includes $499 for the first months payment if you get the base model). So on top of the $570, how much more should I be paying per month for the Tech Package?
  • mitramitra Posts: 7
    I am planning to lease a 2012 MDX with Advance package. Here are the questions:
    (1) Acura website financial calculator says that the monthly lease payment is $1,030.94 for a 10,000 mile/year, 36 month lease. What is the money factor and lease end value of this lease?
    (2) Does the lease include gap insurance (i.e., the insurance needed to make it whole if the car is totalled or stolen during the lease period)?
    (3) Does the lease give any restriction on driving to Canada?
    Many thanks.
  • HI all, i am looking to lease a 2012 mdx. i have received the following quote:
    $499 a month
    2400down
    this is for the base 2012 mdx.
    Is this a good price? i havent shopped around yet. I am located in NY.
    I need a car asap so i will probably purchase the car in the next few days.
    appreciate your thoughts/opinions.
    Thanks all!
  • Car_man...what is the residual on this vehicle at 12k miles per year? Many thanks!

wing5nut
  • Looking to lease a 2012 MDX w/ Tech.

Just wanted to research some numbers and stumbled on this thread and wanted to ask about the figures I received:

$560/mo
    $6300 down

Extras included:
    Tow package
    Roof Rail Package
    Sport RB

After reading, I noticed that many have lower monthly payments and low money down. I wanted to know what factors led to this. I am signing this with my wife who I believe is considered a preferred / was able to receive 1.9% APR to Finance the same car, but we opted because of the figures.

Any comments welcomed, should I keep working on a better deal.
  • Hi,
    I think the $6300 is way tooo much to put down. Here is the thing. Acura has a national sales program going on stating that the down payment is $2999, which includes the first months payment of $499, then $499 per month for a base model. Now, with the tech pakage, the difference in price is $3675, of which you should not be paying for all of this since you are only leasing the car. since you want the tow package, roof rail system, and the sport rb, you should not be paying full price for all these item as well because once the lease expires, all of these items now belong back to Acura, so you should only be paying for a fraction of these items in your lease. I was always told to never put any money down and have a higher monthly payment instead, because if the car gets stolen and totaled, you will not be able to recoup the money you have put down for a lease. But $6300 is way too much to put down, unless you are looking for lower monthly payments. I personally feel you are getting a horrible deal.
  • this is the best rate I think you will get as this is the Acura national program lease rate. i have leased two cars(2007 mdx and 2011 mdx both with tech packages) from Curry Acura in Scarsdale and they are very good at getting things done really fast and are pretty fair, at least with me they were. The Acura dealership in Larchmont is also very reasonable
  • The lease is also going to be from Curry Acura. Working with George has been great so far and they seem very fair.

Me and my wife are opting to lease due to the higher down payment required for financing the car. Looking at our budget, the figures and monthly payment is where we want it to be, even though the down payment is high. With regards to the optional accessories, they are all "Included".

Also depending on how revolutionary the next generation MDX will be, there is a strong possibility that we will buy the car at the end of the term. Will I be overpaying or are these terms acceptable?
  • tarobapptarobapp Posts: 10
    edited January 2012
    Okay, Let's put it this way. I put $0 down( well, I paid the first months lease plus bank fee I think) and got a lease rate of $608 for 2011 with Tech Package per month without taxes. Plus, I paid $400 for a autostart, which I love!!! It is not the one that you see on the acura website, but Acura has approved this one. They orginally wanted $1000 for it, I think, but I said no, then they lowered it to $400, which I thought was acceptable and I paid for it upfront instead of rolling it into the lease. Even though He said everything was included, you are still paying for the all the extras you want. Sport running boards are $602, roof rail package is $997, and tow package is $634. so even if you add all those up, which equals $2233, and you add that to $2999(the Acura national lease program) equals $5232 for all your extras plus base packge for $499 per month. Now, if you want a tech package, it shouls only be $30-40 per month extra, so you should be paying $529-539 per month. But here is thing. For all your extras(roof rail package, sport running boards, trailer package), you should not be paying full price for since you are leasing the car. Because let's say you are going to turn in the car after 3 years, you have already paid full price for these accessories and now giving it back to Acura so they can resell the car and make more money off these accessories that have already been paid to the next guy. So, to me, this offer does not make any sens. Dealers always want you to put more money down towards a car. If I were you, I would seriously rethink this offer. Tell your car salesman to start with Acura's national lease program and work off of that as your starting point, and you will see that you are not getting a good deal, at least in my opinion. Hope this helps you. I actually want to lease the exact same car that you want with the same accessories in the next day or two and I am trying to figure out what the best lease rate I can get. Also, go to Acura of Westchester in Larchmont and see what rates they give you. It's not that far from Curry Acura.
  • Thanks Tarobapp for the great info.

After some clarification, here is the new rundown of my lease:

$3628 Down payment
    $2111 Sales Tax
    $560 1st mo
    $173 DMV fees
    --------------------
    $6472 Total

I totally misunderstood the breakdown. With the numbers what do you guys think of this lease offer. Thanks again for the opinions / recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.