Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• I always get tripped up with the destination charge. Two questions:

1. When calculating the residual value of the car the instructions say use MSRP * Residual Percentage; is the MSRP considered just the MSRP or the MSRP + the destination charge?
    2. When negotiating the selling price of the car, say the car is $40,000 and the destination fee is $700 and I negotiate a selling price with the dealer of $38,000. Does the destination get added back on or is that negotiated price now the total price with destination?

Thank you for your help.
  • drakejdrakej Posts: 7
    We are about 2.5 years through a 3 year/12k lease on an MDX. We are already very close to hitting 36K miles. I know that the lease accounts for overage through a per mile fee, but is there any other/better way to handle this? Can we go back to the dealer now and negotiate or are we stuck? Does Acura have any leeway in overages when at end of lease such that they may forgive a certain number?

Thanks for any suggestions here.
  • ballhoggballhogg Posts: 37
    I think there are some good deals right now if you want to get into a new MDX and trade your current truck in, but it depends on the condition, mileage, etc and you will have to roll the negative equity into your new lease. If you wait and get into another Acura AFS will likely forgive some of the mileage. I was 15k over once and they knocked almost 75% of the overage charge off but after I leased another MDX.
  • btomasiebtomasie Posts: 8
    Are the residuals/MFs for the 2014 MDX (Tech and Adv) with 12K/15K per year for 36 months lease terms been announced yet? I know today is the day they are on the showroom floor.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here you go zheka212. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 MDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00062 and 54%.

You definitely don't want to do a 39-month lease, the money factor would be much higher.

If you were to lease with 10,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher.

The $2,500 cash incentive that you mentioned is the only cash that I am aware of on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi markonline007. When calculating the dollar residual values of vehicles, you use the MSRP plus the destination charge.

I always consider the destination charge to be part of the vehicle's total price. Treat it that way in your negotiations with the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Good timing btomasie. Yes, they were just recently announced. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 MDX AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for AWD Advance is the same, but the residual value would be 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaybowazjaybowaz Posts: 2
    Novice on leasing ... and I have feeling I got killed on a lease deal end of Apr (unfortunately felt pressure to deal before a certain date for variety of reason and so rushed w/ dealer … not ideal but in deal now of course)

2013 Acura MDX Tech Package
    Window tinting for pass & driver side included by dealer
    Gross cap cost $47,113
    Net cap cost $44,276

Amnt pd at signing: $4,700
    (equals amount for trade in of 2006 Kia Sorento w/ 118k miles )
    Capitalized cost reduction (cr for net trade-in allowance) $2,836
    1st Month Payment $620
    Title fees $794
    Docs $450

36 month lease
    10k miles per year
    (added miles 0.20 per mile)
    Residual value $25,360 (that 54% then?)
    Money factor .0062
    Payment (incl tax) $620

Please let me know where I screwed up on this deal – looking to avoid mistakes for future deals

Thanks!
  • xjason8xjason8 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Car Man,

Can you provide the Money Factor and Residual on a

2014 MDX AWD with Tech Package - 12K miles/yr 36 month

Thanks,
    Jason
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    2014 MDX has incredible residuals, as an all new model.

2014 MDX AWD Tech
    MF = .00160
    12k Residual = 65%
    Sure Jason. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 MDX AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    At 2.5 years in, you should be at the perfect time to get out of the car.

You can always ride it until the end, however it's always just a matter of your car's trade/purchase value vs. the payoff if before then. Good to look into trading it if you are close to going over miles, now. At the end, and the beauty of Acura leasing, there are $0 turn in/disposition fees, you have $1500 wear & tear, and do have a mileage overage charge of $0.20...but they will waive up to 7500 miles of this if you go to another Acura lease, and more likely, just trade the car and don't worry about a mileage charge.

As long as it's worth close to payoff, time to look for new now.
  • xjason8xjason8 Posts: 3
    Thanks car man,

Are the #s different for a 39 month lease?

Jason
  • allawallaw Posts: 12
    I just got an internet offer for a 2014 AWD base for $1150 off MSRP with the following lease option:

M.F.=0.00160 (Tier One credit)

R.V. 66% for 12k 36 mth
    R.V. 64% for 15k 36 mth

the current cap cost i was offered is $44,319 including des./wheel locks/splash guard.

What do you guys think.
  • rgb2rgb2 Posts: 30
    Looks like you did if you compare you numbers to post #2632
  • jason135jason135 Posts: 4
    Hi, I need some input about my lease offer
    currently leaseing RDX 2011 SH AWD
    Interested in MDX 2014 SH AWD.
    RDX PAYOFF $21473 Miles left 4000
    MDX 39month @ .00160 with $0 down 525/month. With $2500 down lease 450/month
    They offer me equity on RDX $2526
    Miles 10,000/year but I can rollover 4000 to next lease
    Is this a good deal, I am in Grand Rpaids MI
  • ballhoggballhogg Posts: 37
    Your deal as I understand it:
    2014 MDX
    39 months - 10K miles per year
    .0016 MF
    $2526 of equity from trade in

Is this for a base MDX? Not sure what the going rate for the new MDXs is, are dealers coming down from MSRP? Hard to fully evaluate without all the numbers.
  • zmm12345zmm12345 Posts: 13
    Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to leasing and don't really understand all of the numbers used to calculate a price.

Can someone give a ballpark idea of what I should expect to pay for:

Acura MDX 2014 SH-AWD with the advance and entertainment package?
    I have excellent credit and need 12-15K miles a year.
    I am looking for either a 24 or 36 month lease.

Thanks a lot!
  • pd65pd65 Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I drive a VW Touareg 2011 Lux and pay $625 PM for lease. I have 4 payments left on lease. I have 30900 miles on VW and would like to trade in and lease 2014 MDX with Tech. package. Residual on VW is $24,450 and is in excellent condition.

KBB trade in value is $26,500 - $31,300. Can you tell me the what numbers I should be looking at to lease MDX after trade in and how I should be negotiating this deal. I want the Acura dealer to take care of the 4 payments as well as get some down payment into the new deal.

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.