Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• sl1288sl1288 Member Posts: 57
    To anyone who can help. I am going to buy a 2006 MDX Touring with Nav within the next month. I originally was going to buy it because I drive more than 15,000 miles a year, but I am not planning on keeping it more than 3 years. I have negotiated a price of $38,500 for the car (but may be able to shave a few hundred off that).
    Now I am wondering if leasing makes sense instead. One dealer discussed a 36 month, 18,000 or 20,000 miles a year lease. This mileage would work for me.
    Now for the questions. Is it better to pay for the miles up front or after if I got a 15,000 mile a year lease? Can someone calculate a lease payment for me? I have excellent credit and qualify for the highest savings through Acura. I don't want to put any money down other than what is required for the lease. RI sales tax is 7%.
    I will be glad to give any other information if it is needed to calculate a payment. Thanks in advance.
  • sheltiepupsheltiepup Member Posts: 9
    I am in the seattle area and am looking at a 2006 MDX with Navi and going to add: all season mats, cargo tray,Towing Package,Body Side Molding, Fender Flares,Tailgate Spoiler
    Side Steps (Bright Chrome) and have ben quoted: $43,698

It seems high to me- Is it?
    What would be a lease payment on this amount with 15k miles (3 yr)
    Any help would be appreciated, because when I am reading these listings, I am not sure if its realistic for my area to get it cheaper than 40
  • hokieman1hokieman1 Member Posts: 4
    2006 MDX Tour with NAV & RES
    36 Month Lease
    12K Miles per year
    1100 due at signing...this includes 1st payment
    39,000 Selling price
    $473.00 per month
    McDavid Acura in Plano
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Acura is scheduled to publish its new March lease program today. I should have an opportunity to take a look at it by the end of the week. I would appreciate it if those of you who still have questions about leasing one post a note for me in a couple of days. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • tariq2tariq2 Member Posts: 10
    does that include taxes?
  • savvym3savvym3 Member Posts: 10
    Car_man,

I'm interested in the March lease program/money factor for the MDX when you get it. Thanks.
  • mixamixa Member Posts: 12
    Is that $473.00 including taxes?

Thanks,
    Mike :confuse:
    yes this includes taxes.
    473.00 is my payment
  • robinderprobinderp Member Posts: 4
    Carman:

Do you know these numbers for PA with 36 months, 15K per year for the Touring
  • mixamixa Member Posts: 12
    Wow! That sounds great! BTW, What's "RES" ?
    RES = rear DVD player
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Rear
    Entertainment
    System

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ljd1019ljd1019 Member Posts: 6
    Car man,
    How does this deal sound?
    MDX touring
    $36,816.00 delivery included ($200 over invoice)
    Rate .00122
    Res. .58
    $2119.00 down
    Lease payments 36 months $456.62 (includes tax)

I live in PA and my tax is 6% and I was told these was a lease tax of 3% does that sound right?
    Hi savvym3. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX through American Honda Finance Corp. right now, its buy rate lease money factor should be .00122 for leases of up to 36 months if you qualify for its Super Preferred credit tier and pay a security deposit. This truck's residual values vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. I'd be happy to give you an idea of what its current residuals are like if you provide me with this info.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi robinderp. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX Touring without the navigation or entertainment system options through American Honda Finance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00122 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ljd1019. $200 over invoice is a very good price for this truck and the lease money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Honda Financial's buy rate money factor for it. These are both good signs. The only thing that I don't like about the deal is the large down payment that you are making. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicles are stolen and never recovered or totaled in an accident. Furthermore, down payments do nothing to reduce the end of term purchase prices of leased vehicles. So the lease-end purchase price of your MDX would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,000 down or made no down payment at all.

I would be happy to calculate a lease payment on the truck that you are considering for you so that you can compare it to the one that you were quoted if you provide me with its MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
  • rokum17rokum17 Member Posts: 18
    Car_man, do you have the numbers for the same lease structure but for 10,000 mi/yr?
  • ljd1019ljd1019 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks car man.
    The down payment was $1,200 (or something close) witch included first months payment and tags ext…. I added $800 more to bring the payment down to 456 where I wanted it. Not a good idea?
  • rcdesignrcdesign Member Posts: 1
    We just leased a 2006 MDX base model and are picking it up next week. Got a good deal I think: $3200 total out of pocket and $350/mo incl sales tax for 36 mo 12K year.
    How is the Acura Sound system compared to the Bose? I've heard mixed reviews.

Thanks
  • tgnmktgnmk Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    I am planning on leasing a 2006 MDX Tour with NAV & RES (36 mo, 15K). While contacting the internet sales dept, a dealer quoted me $39500 (said it was $1200 under invoice) in February. Now in March, says that the below invoice is no longer available if I lease due to the Acura low MF. So far, they have given me this:
    Residual - 53%
    Down - $3150
    Payment $538 + tax

Said I get to choose; buy @ $1200 under invoice or lease w/low MF. I thought the price negotiation was totally separate from financing/leasing. Am I missing something? Clarification would be greatly appreciated. Also, what are the March #'s through Honda Finance Corp for this lease?

Thanks!!
  • richiewhorichiewho Member Posts: 4
    Did anyhting ever come of this?
  • richiewhorichiewho Member Posts: 4
    Got a qoute from my best friends brother (Acura Sales Manager) for $898 out of pocket and $546 including tax per month. (15K miles/36 mo.) (residual 55%) Sales manager told me he was giving me a "great deal" This is for the MDX without the sidestep, spoiler, RES, or premium wheels. Just wanted to see what you guys though. Also, the $898 includes first month payment. Thanks for the feedback guys.
  • buc498buc498 Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

I am looking at leasing a MDX with RES and Navi. Have been offered following terms:

Cap Cost $39,342/ 36mo / 12K miles / $2500 drive-offs / $598 per month plus tax. Your money factor is 0.002662860; and having a residual value of 55% at $23,752

Does this seem like a good deal?
    Here is the deal through the end of March for leases:

Money Factor

Super-preferred (710 or better) - .00122
    Preferred - .00155
    Standard - .00175

For the Touring w/ DVD I was able to get a cap cost of 37,600 (about 300 less than invoice)

Residual is 55% for 36 months and $15K

The lease looked like this:

MSRP - 42065
    Cap cost - 37600
    Residual % - 55%
    Money factor - .00122
    Tax in PA = 9% on the monthly payment
    Lease payment including tax = $518 / month
    Upfront cost = 1st months payment + $595 acquisition fee + 6% tax on the acquisition fee + title (about $170) + doc fee ($55). So the total was about $1350.

If you are going to lease, March looks like the month to do it.
    Consistent with a previous message, I was offered a sale price of $1000 less than the cap cost but was told that you could get the low money factor if you lease OR the $1000 if you buy. They were not willing to combine the two offers. Maybe this will change towards the end of the month
  • iglightiglight Member Posts: 15
    Hello robinderp,

you were absolutely correct - the price negotiations have no bearing on the money factor. Those guys are totally messing with you. Money factor is determined by a leasing company vs. your credit rating. If Honda says .00121, then this is what you get regardless of the negotiated price. Or at least this is what I got - first negotiated $1000 below invoice, then got the February low money factor. They even waived the security deposit requirement (lack of which boosts the MF by, I think, .0005 or so)
  • doc500doc500 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a 2006 MDX with Touring. I want to put zero down and am looking at 36 months with 20,000 miles per year. NJ has a 6% sales tax. Would you be able to tell me what the estimated monthly payments would be?

Thanks
    Doc500
  • joe104joe104 Member Posts: 15
    Price of car looks good from here. Best I can find on one with NAV, no RES is $36392.

However, the money factor is an interest rate of 6.39% You should do better with good credit.
  • stillystilly Member Posts: 7
    I used this site quite a bit before leasing. Thought I would at least share my lease deal. Not nearly as good as the ones shown here, however we're happy.

2006 Touring with Navigation and RES (DVD)
    MSRP with dealer installed running boards $45,215
    Price paid $40,838
    add dealer fee $399
    add acquisition fee $595
    Total price $41,832.60 (Cap Cost)

Amount due at lease:

Cap cost reduction $1401
    sales tax on amount paid in cash $98
    cap cost from net trade in $773
    First months payment $549
    Title fees $125
    Florida Fees $72

Total due at signing $3020

My money factor was .00122
    36 months lease
    15,000 miles
    Residual 53%

Hope this helps.
    Hey rokum17. Honda Finance's residual values for Acura models leased with 10,000 miles per year are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residual values for 24 to 35 month leases and 3% higher for 36 to 48 month leases. Versus 12,000 mile per year leases, they are 1% higher for all terms.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem ljd1019. There's nothing wrong with paying things like your vehicle's first month's payment, security deposit, or even its acquisition fee at lease signing if you want, but I advise consumers to avoid making cap cost reductions on leased vehicles because they do nothing to reduce vehicles' lease-end purchase prices and are at risk if your vehicle is a total loss for insurance purposes.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tgnmk. Honda introduced $1,000 dealer cash on the 2006 Acura MDX in mid-February. This cash has never been compatible with Honda Finance's special money factor for this model, so I don't know why the price that you were quoted for this truck has changed. I highly doubt that you will be able to find any dealers that will lease you one right now for $1,000 below invoice. Right around dealer invoice is a great capitalized cost for a lease of this model at this time.

If you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX Touring with navigation and the DVD system through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00122 and 53%, respectively.

One thing that I noticed about the deal that you mentioned is the large down payment that you are considering making. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your MDX would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi buc498. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks a little high to me. Is this lease through Honda Finance? If so, its money factor should actually be .00122, rather than the .00266 that you were quoted. I would be happy to give you my opinion on the selling price and lease payment that you were quoted, but in order for me to do so, it would be a big help if I knew its full MSRP. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Doc500. Your lease payment for this truck will depend upon its MSRP and selling price. I would be happy to use Honda Finance's actual current lease program for it to work up a lease payment for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new truck, stilly. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. It's always helpful for consumers to be able to look at real world leases before taking the plunge themselves. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • underradarunderradar Member Posts: 8
    I have four months remaining on my current MDX lease, and we are ready to replace it for a number of reasons, including being over the mileage allowance and wanting to take advantage of the current lease incentives being offered by Honda Finance.

I'd appreciate any advice as to how to get taken out of the current lease at the lowest (or preferably no) cost.

Thanks.
  • whilawhila Member Posts: 5
    Dear Car Man,

I am looking at leasing a 2006 Acura MDX with touring package in Houston, TX. Below is an offer I received, and I am curious if the offer is good and the lease payment is in line with the figures I have been provided.

Selling price: 36,920 (includes $300 dealer/advertising fee)
    MSRP: 40,565
    Residual: 59% ($23, 933.35)
    Money Factor: .00122
    36 months/10,000 miles
    Sales tax: 2,307.50
    Acquisition fee: $595
    T,L & R: 132.05
    Doc. Fee: $50
    Monthly payment: $524.42

The check I will give the dealership is first month, acquis. fee, T, L & R, and doc fee. (1301.47)

What do you think?

Thanks!
    Hello whila,

let me give you the numbers I operated with when I leased my Touring back in January in NJ - I doubt yours in TX should be so much different:

Selling price: 36,125 (includes destination and chrome steps)
    Residual: 61% for 10,000 mi/yr - you were given a wrong number
    Money Factor: .0015
    36 months/10,000 miles
    Sales tax: 6%
    Acquisition fee: $595
    T,L & R: 135 give or take

Monthly payment: $450

The payment I made at the dealership included the first month, title and tags and aqs. fee = $870

Please, do not let them charge you any advert. fee. Also, running your numbers through a lease cal, I got a payment in line with mine - $460 +/-$5 depending on your sales tax
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    Whila,
    In PA the best deal for touring i have gotten so far is around 600 bucks out of pocket with 480/month (including taxes). This deal is also for 15,000 miles per year unlike your 10,000. 36 months
    you can do a whole lot better.
    money factor is inline, price could be a whole lot better.
    sluri
    Here are some revisions due to "new/revised" info from the dealership:

Selling price: 36,418
    Residual: 59% (23933.35)
    Sales Tax: 1.2% instead of the 6.25 charged before(TX sales tax credit in effect. Also, TX charges tax on the sales price of the car, not the monthly payment like some other states.)
    36 months/10,000 miles
    Acquisition: 595
    Doc fee: 50
    T, L & R: 122.05

$455 monthly payment and 4 free oil changes
    Payment to dealership to drive off: First month payment only!
    Now I think you're getting a great deal - I presume it's 455 with all fees and charges rolled in. I would still dispute the residual, thought. Maybe you can contact Honda directly about that number - dealship does not get to set it.
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    I still think you can do a bit better. my tax bracket is 9% in Pa so if you take your 1.2% you should be at 445 with 772 out of pocket. you should be able to get them to drop that 772 to 600 like mine and get it to 445 if not at least to 450. AGAIN, my deal on the table is still for 15K/year. you still can do a whole lot better espescially since I wasn't thinking about the mile difference. (lets assume .15 per mile, 15,000 extra at end of your lease vs. my deal that is a $2250 difference)
    SOOOOO, you can DO BETTER. keep up the good work. it is almost at the end of the month so you can break them down more.
    sluri
    Okay,

The dealership is now telling me this:

Initial agreed upon price of the car: $36,000 (36,617 is true invoice on this car. Dealership is charging me $100 ad fee to make his invoice price $36,717)

Final cap cost after adding acquisition (595), TX tax 1.2% reduced rate (432), title and license(105.30), doc fee(50), road and bridge fee (5), state inspection (21.75): $37,209.05

Residual: 59% (23,933.35) for 10,000/yr, 36 months (I've been told this number by all dealerships. I don't put a lot of miles on my car, so I'm okay with this.)

Monthly payment: $443.36
    Check I write the dealership to drive car off lot: $443.36 which is my first month payment! I am not putting any money down on the car.

I think this sounds like a great deal, don't you?!
  • georgiapeach3georgiapeach3 Member Posts: 2
    I am also looking to lease an MDX with NAVI.I need your professional help, Car Man! Here's the deal...bought a brand new 2006 Acura TL with NAV on December 2nd, 2005. An "unprofessional" driver ran in to the back of me this past Saturday and totaled my car. While awaiting the ins. settlement, I have decided that leasing may be a good option for my next vehicle. I want to try out the 2006 Acura MDX with NAV (I will be shopping at the same dealership, so you would think they would treat me as a valued patron...even if for a short 4 months)! However, the numbers speak otherwise. Please tell me what you think and give me some advice. (Where can I negotiate and what is written in stone?)Thanks a million!

Total Monthly Payment: $589.26!!!!!!! (including tax)

License: $54

Documentation Fee: $349.00

MSRP: $43,315.00

L.E.V.%: 55%

Lease Factor: 0.00132

15K/per year for 36 months (.20 mileage penalty rate)

Initial Cap Cost: $40,993.00

Adjusted Cap Cost: $40,588.00

Cash Cap Reduction: $1,000

Lease End Value: $23,823.25

CMSC Acquisition Fee: $595.0
  • dgklidgkli Member Posts: 11
    iglight,
    I believe the residual values dropped in March, in most cases by 1%.
    I got a similar quote in Connecticut for an MDX with Nav. and Ent. packages:

MSRP: $43,200
    Term: 36 months
    Miles: 15,000 per annum
    Resid: $23,751 (55%)
    Money Factor: 0.00122
    Monthly Payment: $554 + tax
    Down payment: $2300 (including a $1000 cap cost reduction)

Is this a reasonable deal? From the other posts I would think I can do better, but I haven't seen quotes for comparably equipped MDXs.

Also, I'm currently leasing an MDX and would be turning it in early. Nobody is offering any incentives for doing so. Should I just wait until closer to the end of the term? Is it likely that the lease rates may not be as favorable in a couple of months?
  • sl1288sl1288 Member Posts: 57
    I hope georgiapeach and you are not negotiating your lease off the MSRP. You should be applying your lease numbers only after you have negotiated the lowest sale price possible for the car. In the case of the MDX Touring with Nav, you should be able to get a price at approximately $38,200 - $38,500, if not lower. Then you negotiate the lease numbers.
    I apologize in advance if you already were aware of how to negotiate.
  • georgiapeach3georgiapeach3 Member Posts: 2
    How early are you looking to turn your lease in? Have you considered trying to sell it yourself...that is, if you've been in the lease long enough to possibly make something on a sale.

Car Man.....I am "aware" of how to negotiate...I just don't seem to be doing to good of a job. :( The dealership has agreed to drop the price to around 40K...if I "Lease". He was talking so fast, I couldn't quite follow what he was saying. He said if we "Bought" the car...then he would sell it to us $1000 under the "Lease" offer, which would be 39K. I also forgot to mention that they want 2K at signing, which I find OUTRAGEOUS!!! I have already found another dealership who requires nothing down, except the first month's payment. He said my payments would be around 544 per month plus tax, which is 7% in Georgia. Is this any better?

Reasonably...if I could get him to $37,300 or $37,500...what would my monthly pymts. run leasing for 36 months with 12K miles per year at a 7% tax?? Thanks for the help...I may be making the transaction sometime this week. My 2006 Acura TL was "officialy" declared as a total loss by the ins. co. on Friday!
    We closed on the following deal for a 2006 MDX with Nav and DVD in Connecticut:

Sale price of $41,500
    Zero down (actually, $1,200 down but they agreed to make the last two lease payments on the car we were turning in)
    36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    Residual of $23,700 (give or take)
    Monthly payment of $625 (incl. 6% CT tax)
  • karend1karend1 Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to post the deal I recently did for a 2006 MDX Touring with NAV, RES, chrome side steps and side body molding.

Price: $40,170
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor: .00122
    36 months/12,000
    Monthly payment: $530

We paid taxes up front plus acquisition fee, 1st payment, and bank fee. No security deposit or down payment was required.
This discussion has been closed.