Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Here's the info that you're looking for, cdrvf. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura MDX with the Tech and Entertainment Packages and 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The money factor for an otherwise identical 39 month lease is the same, but its residual value is 49%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you shouldn't have any trouble negotiating a selling price that's pretty close to dealer invoice minus this dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi veebee66. You certainly can lease an MDX for 36 months instead of 39 months if you really want to. Of course, a 39 month lease will have a slightly lower monthly payment than a 36 month lease of this model would.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Acura MDX with the Tech Package and 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The money factor for a base model would be the same, but its residual value would be 51%.

The money factors for 36 month leases of these vehicles are the same, but their residual values are 1% higher than the 39 month resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey dollar_pound. Unfortunately, what you heard is correct. Acura pulled the plug on its special financing offer on the 2009 MDX in February. The only incentives that are available on this model right now are $2,000 dealer cash and the special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi brett321. Unfortunately, bigblueindy1 is right. Banks do not provide lessees with a refund for unused mileage. If you are way under mileage, the best that you could have hoped for in the past is that your vehicle's purchase option price would be significantly less than its actual value on the open market. Unfortunately, given the precipitous fall that used vehicle values have experienced during this economic slowdown it is very unlikely that your MDX is currently worth more in the real world than its purchase option price.

Car_man
    Host
  • pem1pem1 Posts: 3
    Could somebody help me decipher this and tell me whether this is a good deal or not?

Sale Vehicle: New 2009 ACURA MDX YD2869 4dr Wgn Tech w/AC , Automatic ,, remote start Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term: 39
    Base Payment: 529.00
    Total Payment: 529.00
    Purchase Option: 22,800.00
    MSRP: 45,600.00
    Est. Miles Per Year: 10,000
    Excess Mileage Charge: 0.20

Money Due at Inception
    1st Month Payment: 529.00
    Security Deposit: 0.00
    Acq Fee (Upfront): 595.00
    Fees & Ins: (Upfront) 102.50
    Upfront Taxes: 2,089.06
    Cap Reduction (Cash): 2,995.00
    Total Out of Pocket 6,310.56
    Customer ASAP: -1000.00
    Total Initial Charges: 5,310.56
    This is under the Acura Select Advantage Program. Is it really an advantage or not? My other option is a Buick Enclave AWD CXL,. total price of $45,735 with 0% financing for 60 months. I know it's a little like comparing apple with oranges, but I'm trying to weigh the benefits of the extra cargo room the Buick gives me (for my dogs!;) vs. the higher and longer loan vs. lease payments.

Thanks
  • jh87jh87 Posts: 13
    I am able to negotiate the price to $42800 (destination fee inclu) for a 2009 sport/tech/entertainment package with MF at 0.0025, I haven't gone through the lease periods and millage yet because those are standard. Is this a good deal?
  • Looking for a good lease price on this car. Im hearing these things 2000 dealer cash. 1000 Honda finance incentive. .00250 money factor. Im being quoted 47% which is not very good for residual. I see people getting the tech package for 38 to 39k. How much more for entertainment portion. I think I should be able to get this vehicle for 575/month. Does anyone know if they can waive the fees. and other stuff like etching which is totally unneeded. Destination fee, security deposit, doc fee all those as well. I also need an exact invoice price as a place to negotiate from.
  • kap8kap8 Posts: 14
    Any change in Honda/Acura's lease programs on the MDX for March?
  • Hi all. New to this forum and had a quick MDX question. Was offered a lease deal for 39 months (10k miles/yr) with $1890 out of pocket and $550/month for a base 2009 MDX. Its a little more than I thought I could get. I was hoping for $1600 down and $550/month or $1900 down and $540/month. Is my expectation reasonable or is this a good deal I'm being given?
  • i suggest you wait till end of month......do you really need a SUV, there are some fantastic deals on 5 series BMW sedan...

also do the math, 550*39= 21450, you can buy the car for 38K if you get a good rate....
  • Yes, well aware of the differences in buying vs leasing. If you think 550/month is alot, you should see what some other leases are going for! The MDX is actually still a pretty good deal in comparison.
  • Anyone know if the lease deal and $2K cash back is over. I don't see it on Acura.com any more
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi pem1. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but your post is missing a key piece of information...the selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given and whether there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to tell you what they think.

One thing that I noticed about this deal is the $2,995 capitalized cost reduction that you are being asked to pay. I always advise consumers not to make any cap cost reduction when leasing. Those who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It would be safer to go with a zero down lease, even though it means that your vehicle's monthly payment will be slightly higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jh87. The .00250 money factor that you were quoted for the MDX that you are interested in is right in line with its February buy rate lease money factor. That is a good sign. Honda Finance has subsequently enhanced the '09 MDX's money factor to .00215, but its residual values fell by a point making it pretty much a wash.

Now let's take a look at the other important aspect of your deal, the selling price. A 2009 Acura MDX Sport with both the Tech and Entertainment Packages probably has a spread of around $4,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, Acura is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on it. That gives you a total of around $6,400 to play with in your negotiations. It's tough to say for certain, but the price that you were quoted appears to be around invoice minus the dealer cash. If so, this is an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sk1719hk. You definitely don't need to pay for window etching, unless your insurance company provides you with enough of an incentive to make it worth your while. As far as what charges are legitimate go, at lease signing Honda Finance charges lessees their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, a $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. Anything above and beyond that, like doc fees or window etching is between you and the dealer. You should be able to get them to eliminate these charges. The destination charge is considered to be part of your vehicle's selling price and it is required.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello kap8. Acura's lease program for the 2009 MDX is very similar to its February program. The $2,000 dealer cash is still there, but the MDX's residual values dropped by a point. Honda Finance enhanced its money factor to .00215 to help offset part of the drop, but it appears as though the net result is that the Mar. program is slightly worse.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings to the very appropriately named lookin4mdx. Yes, Acura extended the $2,000 dealer cash that it was providing on the 2009 MDX last month through May 4th. Its March lease program is slightly different though.

Car_man
    Host
  • lrapplrapp Posts: 2
    Can anyone please tell me the invoice price on the MDX with tech and ent. before the 2000 mktg incentive. I'm trying to negotiate the best price on a purchase.

• kap8kap8 Posts: 14
    Thanks Car Man! Yes, was just told by dealer that i was negotiating 39 mth lease with that the program is now 36? Monthly payment with nothing down and 10k miles on base mdx went from $552 to $563 (also using $1k acura coupon fo repeat customers to reduce cap cost). Sound right/reasonable?
  • According to carsdirect.com, Invoice on a 2009 MDX w/ tech/ent is $43,271
  • lrapplrapp Posts: 2
    Thanks! So would 41,271 be a good price. It's exactly 2,000 under invoice. Could they go lower?
  • Hard to say. Depends on the area you live in, the number of dealers around for competition, the size of the inventory they have in stock, etc....
  • Picked up my 09 base MDX last night. Got a similar deal to kap8 above. I put down $1799 for all doc/dmv/luxury fees and 1st months payment & monthly payment came to $560. (also includes a $29 cap cost reduction to get a nice round number on the monthly payment)

MSRP: 41550
    residual%: 52
    money factor .00215
    36 months (10K miles/yr)
    Out of pocket 1799
    $560/month
  • bponkeybponkey Posts: 2
    I'm coming out of a 39 month lease on a 2006 MDX. My present payment is 450.99.

I'm a complete moron when it comes to deciphering the intricacies of auto leases. Could someone please tell me what sort of lease figures I should "demand" on a new MDX with an MSRP of $42,783?
  • bwedotnetbwedotnet Posts: 48
    Your residual (and payment) will change depending on miles but for a 36mo/15K the March money factor is 0.00215 and the residual is 49%.

The base MDXs are selling for $35.5K (plus or minus depending on your area, dealer inventory etc). MSRP is $41.8K. Add the extra cost for the options you want to add (roof rails etc) and use a lease calculator to calculate your monthly payment based on these numbers. On the numbers above your payment would be about $540/mo before tax with $0 cap reduction.
  • mj83mj83 Posts: 2
    This is my first post but I have been lurking for a little while.

My wife and I are looking into leasing a 2009 MDX Tech. We have test driven one and we really like it.

We started initial discussions with the salesman about leasing and he told us correct money factor at .00215 but he stated the residual at 46% for a 36mo/15K miles/year. I am trying to confirm the correct residual value.

He told us for 12K miles the residual was 48%.

Can anyone help confirm the correct residual for a 09 MDX Tech, 36mo/15K miles/year?

Thanks in advance!!
  • cjjoneszcjjonesz Posts: 1
    Hi! New poster here..

Can you help me clarify your post? Is it possible to use the $2,000 cash to dealer as part of a lease? Or is it only valid on purchases?

Thank you!
  • Yes. I just leased 3 days ago. The $2k gets applied to the cap cost which means that's $2K less of depreciation you're paying for. For a base MDX , 36 months, 10K per year, I got a deal w/ 1799 down and 560/month.
  • For 10k miles/year on a base model, the residual was 52%. Not sure what happens with the 15k miles or the Tech package
  • Hi I'm new here. Wish I checked this board before I jumped in and got the base MDX. Now having second thoughts about the deal I made yesterday...
    It's a bit more difficult for me to calculate everything due to a trade-in involved. Also not sure if they applied the tax credit I'm entitled to towards the lease correctly. Here are the numbers:
    36 month lease
    10k miles/year
    3k down (used equity from trade-in valued at 22k)
    539 monthly payment
    What is a fair monthly payment based on the above numbers?
    Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.