Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Is the factory advertised offer from ACURA which expires on 2/28/11, $560 plus tax a month for 36 months, with zero down and 10,000 miles a year a good deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • cldcomcldcom Posts: 7
    CarMan,

Can you please tell me what the March residual rate and money factor are on a 2011 Acura MDX Base Model, with 10,000 miles per year, for 36 months. Thank You!!
  • Also would appreciate numbers for 15K miles/year.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Lacey_plache, Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't think that the fact that you are turning in an existing Acura lease will provide you any benefit on getting a new Acura.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    JimmyVegas11, Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2011 MDX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cldcom. Most manufacturers' advertised lease payments leave some room to negotiate. That makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty annoyed if the manufacturers they are affiliated with advertised the thinnest possible deals on vehicles.

If I was in the market for a 2011 MDX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice and then have the dealer calculate my monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00145 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier).

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, cldcom.

Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey mrenadette1. Acura's 15,000 mile per year residual values are 3% lower than its 10,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmc82dmc82 Posts: 3
    Would someone post the March MDX Tech & Entertainment packages lease rates for 36 and 39 months if you have them.

Thanks so much!!
  • jamaherojamahero Posts: 1
    Hi I just visited the dealership in NYC tonight and test drove the MDX. It is an incredible ride. I thought I wouldn't be so impressed. It reminds me of my Lexus years ago but with more control and power. Quiet and so smooth.

I am trying to not go over $500. For my lease. (under would be great too)
    The sale is $499 10,000 miles 36 mos. Advertised on plaques in front of the cars
    My salesman was requiring a down payment of 3000. I like to pay off taxes and fees anyway.
    They seem to be over stocked on the base models and have run out of the upgrades I asked for the tech package and he wanted me to wait until next month to buy. Odd I thought. He told me to go and bring him a lower price than $550 w the tech package. and he will match it. I have great credit. I am not trading in a car. My lease is up may 1st conveniently to a car dealership across the street from Acura lol. Easy switch w the plates.

My questions are: anyone know about stock issues for cars?
    Will the deals get better April 1st or will I loose the $499 basi deal being offered and I will kick myself.

FYI he said the cars are made in Canada so the recent disaster in japan won't affect Acura

Love when they tell me something is extra when it is included
    Hey Carman,

Just checking back. Thanks for all the information as it came in very handy. I pulled the trigger today on a base MDX, 36 month, 10,000 miles a year. $500 a month plus 7% south florida sales tax leaving a $535 monthly payment. Zero money down, I just payed for the tag transfer, and they made the first payment. Net Cap Cost was $40,600.

How did I do?
  • mimi21mimi21 Posts: 1
    Just started looking at MDX today in South Florida, what dealer did you use? thanks
    Hi,

I dealt with Phil Smith Acura in Pompano Beach. I drove up from Miami as they by far had the best price. The service I received was top notch. I dealt with Joe Didimizio. Tell him Cesar reffered you.
  • dyx121dyx121 Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Hello all,
    I am getting a lease quote from an Acura Dealer in Manhattan, NY.
    2011 MDX with Tech Package selling price at $43779.00
    36Months lease with 12000Miles per year, Zero down.
    Monthly payment $599.00 (Includes NJ tax)
    Out of pocket $1648 (599+595+347+87)
    First month + DMV fees, acquisition fees (They stated that I can’t transfer from my old plate in NJ , could you please confirm this) + Doc fee

Is it a good deal? or should I shoot for a better price?

Thanks every one.
    Hi dmc82. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00190 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, cldcom. I'm glad that you found the information helpful. This vehicle's dealer invoice price is $39,954. So you were at $650 or so over invoice, which is a petty good deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • jgc_11jgc_11 Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Dear Carman

I've negotiated the following terms for a 2011 MDX w/ Tech and would very much appreciate your thoughts as I'm carless (returned my '08 A6 last weekend) and need to do this deal this Friday ... I've been shopping / negotiating here in SoCal for about a month and this is the best I've gotten.

36 Months / 10,000 Miles
    Residual is 58%
    Money Factor is .001350
    Sell Price: $42,292
    Monthly $541 + $58 Tax = $599
    Out of pocket: Zero walk off, Acura makes first payment and I pay $586 for DMV.

Thanks in advance.
  • jdms57jdms57 Posts: 5
    Not sure if you did any better but I am looking to lease a 2011 MDX w/Tech and would like to do it by month end- this is the best I have seen so far in NJ:

36 Months/ 10k miles
    Residual 58%
    Money Factor .00145
    Sell Price: 42,986
    Hi jgc_11. The money factor that you were quoted looks great. It's right in line with Acura's current buy rate for this model.

As far as the selling price that you were quoted goes, the dealer invoice price for a 2011 Acura MDX with Tech is $43,286. So the price that you were quoted is $1,000 or so under invoice, which is an excellent deal.

If you like the MDX, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rider123rider123 Posts: 2
    Hi,

Thank you for an exellent posting. I am looking for the same deal as you made. Could you tell me what dealer gave you this deal?

Thanks,
    Michael
    I actually ended up with a higher selling price- between start of negotiations and actually working out a deal- the invoice price moved higher. I ended up paying 500 over invoice- 58% residual with a .00145 money rate for the tech 12k miles per year at DCH Acura in Montclair NJ. Lowest price and best service of the 3 dealers I negotiated with in north jersey. Love the car.
  • firsttimeleasefirsttimelease Posts: 5
    edited April 2011
    This was the lease quote I received from a dealer in NY:

36 mo lease on a 2011 MDX with Advance package (no Ent.) based on 12k mi allowance
    Monthly payment: $689 (based on 0 down)
    Bank Fee: 595
    TTL is additional

Thanks!
  • I just wanted to verify the residual value. I was under the impression that a 58% residual was based on 10K miles a year and that 57% residual for 12K mi/yr. Are you sure that you received a 58% residual value with 12K miles per yr? Thanks.. btw you got a great deal. Congrats!
  • Hello Car_Man,

Here's the best lease quote I received so far for a 2011 MDX Tech w/Ent (15k/36mo)

MF 0.00145
    Res. 54%
    NetCapCost 45,182
    Incept/Down 1000 (1st mo + Bank fees+taxes)
    Mo. Pmt. 623+taxes

Need your advice and expert opinion....please help!

Thanks,
    Neel
  • sg819sg819 Posts: 1
    edited April 2008
    Can someone tell me what Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech and 12,000 miles per year is (assuming "Super Preferred" credit tier)?
    You are right for 12k it is 57% and 10k it was 58%- I had been going back and forth and decided on the 12k.
  • tracib1tracib1 Posts: 2
    Hi.
    I have a quote for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year for an MDX with tech package. Any thoughts on this price?

15Kmiles/year
    $605 plus tax = $681/mo
    money factor = .00135
    residual value = 55% or $25913.25'
    No money down
    $648.91 out of pocket to cover registration and license fees.

I feel like there is something missing that would surprise me later.

Thanks for your feedback.
  • amy9amy9 Posts: 13
    Hi CarMan,

I was hoping you could tell me the April MF and Residual for the following:

2011 Acura MDX with Tech Package
    36 month lease
    15,000 mpy

Thanks so much! You have been a huge help over the years.
  • 12k/yr 36 months
    $400 out of pocket
    Mf .00135
    Resid 57%
    $595 + tax 7%
    Acura makes first payment so 35 left
    Thoughts? Thanks
    Hi Neel. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Acura's buy rate for his model.

The dealer invoice price of the truck that you're interested in is $45,009. That's pretty close to the price that you were quoted, so you're getting a good deal.

If you like the truck, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.