Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• How sure are you of this? Because every dealer I have contacted is giving me a price of payment plus taxes !
  • That's the way it is usually done. They should not add taxes to your up front costs. They should be added on to your payments on a monthly basis.

I have leased at least 20 vehicles over the past 25 years and have never paid the taxes up front. They are always added to the payment. You need to question your dealer heavily on why he is trying to double dip on the taxes.
  • So, you are saying that if my price after discounts is x then then that's what should be used to compute the lease payment plus tax per month instead of like my dealer is doing i.e. adding sales tax to the price of x to arrive at y as the final price and then compute lease payments plus tax per month - correct?
  • Yes. Otherwise you are paying the sales tax twice and I'll guarantee you the dealer is only paying it once.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,979
    It depends on the state..

What state?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• hamajunhamajun Posts: 12
    Folks,

I'm shopping for 09 MDX lease special Acura is currently running. Is there anyone recently got the lease deal for 09 MDX in SF Bay Area?

TIA,
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,979
    Yup.. California just taxes the monthly payment, at the prevailing sales tax rate...

Any cap cost reductions that are paid upfront are also taxed.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Bottom line, do you think 650 per month (all inclusive) is a good deal for 36 months at 10K miles per year with 3K drive off?
    This is what I got. I closed the deal with Los Gatos Acura. I liked them. Acura of Pleasanton gave me no quote but tried to negotiate with me over the phone, they even called me at work even after I told to not do so! Avoid them.

B.E@Los Gatos
    DriveOff $3,081.50 Monthly $543 (494.76+tax)

V.D@Sunnyvale
    DriveOff $3,081.50 Monthly $549.56 (500.74+tax)

B.V@Santa Clara
    DriveOff $3,560 Monthly $544 (495.67+tax)
    Inc. 4 years / 40,000 mile pre-paid maintenance

R.L@Oakland
    DriveOff $3600 Monthly $548 (499.31+tax)

M.Z@Stockton
    Down Payment $2899 Monthly $548 (499.31+tax)

ALL@Pleasanton
    Never gave me a quote over the e-mail.
  • n4roninn4ronin Posts: 14
    Hey all,

I was quoted the following on a mdx tech. Invoice - 2k dealer cash back. Processing fee 100 + DMV tags. I think its a good deal. Now my problem is that I am in a lease and if i trade in i am at approx 3500 neg equity. Has anyone ever had acura cover some lease payments? I like the car but cant see myself eating the neg equity. Also do anyone know if acura lets u turn in your lease early to either buy/lease another one?
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Posts: 167
    It all depends on whether your dealer is willing to purchase the vehicle and roll over the neg. equity into the new one. Acura Finance will never let you turn in early without penalty!
  • This must be for the base package, correct? And I assume these are for 10K miles a year?

For the tech, I think it is 100 bucks more. Any one with a better deal for the tech?
    Yes, this deal was based on what Acura is currently advertising on www.Acura.com. 09 MDX Base 10,000miles/year, $499/mo+tax, $2,999 due at signing (excluding other fees for drive off).
  • Just curious - why didn't you go with BV from Santa Clara which offered pre paid miantenance?
    Because they got bad reputations...
  • Selling price, $36,500 (~ $188 less than TMV price). For 36 months, 10k/year, They want $1700 at sign (no security, 1st month and other standard doc fees, DMV, etc) and $578 per month. BTW, NJ tax is 7%.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I've got this matched at multiple dealers including one in NYC. Anyone have any positive/negative input @ this price?

It kills me that residuals have been adjusted downwards so heavily - I'm rolling off a Volvo XC90 3.2 that I paid $40,623 and lease was only $549 per month for 24 months/12,000 per year.

Thanks,
  • hms1hms1 Posts: 8
    I have a leased 07 MDX Tech w/32000 miles. Lease payoff is $30300. Lease is up in June of 10. Money has tightened up for me and I would like to lower my $675 mo. payments. Question is should I buy this car and refinance or sell it and buy say a CRV or used 09 Pilot? Also, with the 07's coming off lease shortly will the prices of 07's drop? Appreciate any input.

HMS
  • I leased an MDX Tech for 640 a month with 3K down of which 1500 was cap reduction - sound good I think?

Quick question for the experts - the delaership is offering a protection plan for $750 which would cover damages worth $5000 to cover scratches and dings at the return - worth it?
This discussion has been closed.