Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_man,

I have decided to lease a 2013 mdx
    Dealer offered.
    Msrp- $47850 . Purchase prive $44,900
    36 month 18k yr. Lease $2500 down

Is $702.00 a month a fair deal? There are 2 other dealers in area and was going to try them next.

Thanks for your input
  • Hi all,

I closed on an MDX this morning and wanted to share the deal I negotiation with you all. To start I was turning in a 2010 MDX base. I had 33,000 miles on it (36K alloted for 3 yrs) and 4 payments left of $596. They didn't tell me what I was getting on the turn in but it sounded as though there was a little meat on the bone for them to resell and make some money. I chalked up the turn in to a push (assuming they just took it back without providing me any incentive).

The new vehicle is 2012 model with Tech Package...Black with Taupe interior. Here's the deal I walked out with.

New Vehicle MSRP: 47,490 (without add ons listed below)
    Invoice: 43,950
    Sale Price: 41,955
    Residual: 51%
    Money Factor: .00075

I got a 36 month lease with 12K per year for $610 per month. Also, when sticking with Acura Finance you get to roll over the mileage you have left on your previous vehicle. That said, I get 13K miles per year (had 3K left divided by 3 years = 1K per year).

I'm paying $707.50 Due at signing which includes first month payment ($610), processing fee ($75), tire tax (12.50), and NYS Inspection ($10). Transfering plates.

I later negotiated with the F&I person for running boards (the better ones), door trim, and a light tint of the windows to elimate glare. Negotaited $1643 for these items which I'm goint to pay out of pocket and are not included in the MSRP above. I didn't want to raise my monthly payment any higher...yet I wanted the featurs.

Also important to note that they offered my a 39 month lease through another leasing company (not Acura Finance) for $579 per month on the same vehicle. It also quoted with a lower residual value (50% if I recall) and add three months leaving me to negotiate my new lease in March of 2015.

Feedback on the deal I got is much appreciated and I wish you all luck in negotiating your deals.
  • Hi Car_man: Can you let me know the lease rates for a 2013 MDX base and 2013 MDX with tech, both 12k/36mo.

Also, the dealer wants to buy out my current MDX lease and I would like to know if there is anything I need to keep an eye out for. They say they can get me a 2013 for same payment as my current lease ($505).
  • Hello car_man!
    The following is for a 2013 Acura MDX w/ Tech Package
    Just left the dealership and for the sake of sleeping well, would like to know if the deal I got was a good one... Every lease calculator i tried says it's an excellent one but I'm a bit pessimistic! Please help! You think you have it all under control but yet they find a way to get you! I tried to perpetuate the situation by continually asking for numbers but they like to be vague and quick to walk away! Took a lot of back and forth w/ the sales rep going to the Finance guy - annoying. Keep in mind I like to have low monthly payments even if it means putting a bit more down in the beginning though I've noticed not to many are into that. I'll write the final deal at the end;

MSRP - 47890
    Cap Cost - 42321 (negotiated price only)
    Residual value - 26317
    Bank Money Factor - .0012 or 2.9 APR'
    Lease Term - 36/mo 10K miles

I also had a 2010 TL w/ Tech w/ 4 payments left totaling $1796 I wanted to trade in.

End of day, I walked out w/ 5K down and $465 per month inclusive of tax, first month payment, dmv and other misc fees.

Also, in NY w/ a tax rate of 8.875%

Regards,
  • FYI, I have been looking used, but just got an offer from the sales team of $1,000 below invoice since they couldn't find a used one that I wanted. If they called and offered this via voice mail... How low do you think they would go? Mdx wIth/ tech
  • For what it's worth, I was just offered $1,000 below invoice for that vehicle.
  • Why put $5,000 down?

If something happens to the vehicle, accident, you lose the $5,000. Acura has GAP in their leases, at no additional cost to you. Putting $5,000 down on an Acura lease negates this advantage.

Better to put the $5,000 in the bank and use it to make up the difference on the payment on a month-to-month basis if needed. If not needed, you have the money.

The only real savings from putting $5,000 down would be maybe $5 or so each month, about the cost of a Big Mac, due to the increased interest resulting from not giving them $5,000. Five bucks a month for three years is about $180, insignificant and negated by the GAP provided by Acura
  • Hi nate6789. Judging by this truck's price, it looks like you're interested in a '13 MDX with the Technology package. The dealer invoice price of this truck is currently $44,350. If we deduct the $1,500 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it from that, the invoice price drops to $42,850. That puts the selling price that you were offered at around $2,000 over invoice, which in my opinion is a little high.

If I was in the market for this vehicle in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 to $1,000 over.

Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your vehicle's payment using Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00123.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sunnyfl1sunnyfl1 Posts: 19
    edited December 2012
    South Florida
    2013 MDX tech
    MSRP $47,850
    after discounts $43500
    10k miles per year
    36 months
    $539 + tax
    OTD I will pay first month plus the usual fees and tag reg etc.

I believe this is a very decent deal. I plan to close tomorrow ... any opinions?
  • Dear Carman,
    just closed the deal for 2013 MDX with tech package. got it for 41000 sale price.
    35 months 12000K/year 553/month 0 Down inclusive taxes & all fees. that means i am not putting one penny upfront. i live in louisville KY.
    RV: 26,796
    MSRP: 47850

is this good deal to go. just want to know.
  • I have this offer:
    turn in my 2010 MDX Base Model with 7 payments of $575
    drive out a 2013 MDX Base Model--dealer pays first payment of $500, 36 mo lease
    I pay $150 registration, etc.
    Comments please!!
  • hecarahecara Posts: 18
    Anyone know the December MF, Residual and Pricing for on 2013 MDX with Tech package? Looking through the posts I have as follows:

Selling price: $42,850 (with $1500 dealer incentive)
    MF: .00123
    Residual 51%

Also, if the a $1000 Acura loyalty incentive?

Thank you!
  • Hi siriba. $41,000 is a very attractive selling price for a 2013 MDX Tech. I think that you did well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for hecara. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The dealer cash incentive on the 2013 MDX was raised to $2,500 earlier this month. Make sure to take all of it into account during your negotiations.

I am not aware of any owner loyalty cash on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow Car_man! Thanks for responding! My parents are looking at the MDX. They aren't sure if its with or without Tech. I will find out tomorrow.

Are the residuals and MF the same for an MDX without Tech? Is they $2500 available as well?

I'm looking at the RDX and will post in that forum. Thank you for your time. Your help and knowledge is invaluable!
    Would some please post the MF, Residual and selling price for MDX base? These are the numbers I came up with but I want to make sure I'm working with the right numbers and calculations.

Purchase price: $38,524 ($42024- $2500 dealer incentive-$1000 loyalty= $38,524)

Residual: 55% ($21188.20)

MF: .0009

Acqusition fee: $595

I calculated $598 as monthly (12K miles per year)

Is this correct? Car_man or anyone else?

THANKS!
  • Residual based off of msrp, not purchase price.
  • Can someone please share December MF, Residual and dealer incentive on 2013 MDX Base and Tech Package with 10k miles per month ?

Also what would be the target negotiated price for both the models ?

Thanks.
  • thank you car_man. i am happy to see your reply.
  • Dear Hecara,
    just bought 2013 MDX with tech on dec 10th. below is my details of purchase. i did not put any money.
    selling price: 41000 (with all incentives)
    Lease for 36 months (i pay only 35 months): 553
    residual is: 25,850
    good luck.
  • Would like to know if the below is a good deal for a 2013 MDX

MSRP $47,850
    Discount 6,750
    Pro Pack 659
    Purchase 41,759
    Lin & Fees 881
    Tax 501
    Total 43,141
    Residual 54 %
    Pay with $1000 568

Basically monthly payment of 568.

Thanks for your feedback in advance
  • grsk78grsk78 Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Dear Car_man,

Would like to know if the below deal is a good one..

MSRP 49,750
    Discount 7,000
    Pro Pack 659
    Purchase 43,409
    Lin & Fees 881
    Tax 521
    Total 44,811
    Residual 53%
    Pay with 600
    $1,000

Thanks in advance for your feedback
  • grsk78grsk78 Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Dear car_man,

Please let me know if the below is a good deal for 2013 Acura MDX w/ Tech package

MSRP $47,850
    Discount 6,750
    Pro Pack 659
    Purchase 41,759
    Lin & Fees 881
    Tax 501
    Total 43,141
    Residual 54 %
    Pay with 568
    $1,000

Thanks in advance for your feedback
  • You're very welcome hecara. The $2,500 is available on all 2013 MDX models through January 2nd.

The residual value for the '13 MDX without the Tech package is 2% higher. Tech knocks 2% off.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go hecara. Through January 2nd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello vbosmiya. Through January 2nd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are (10,000 miles per month would exceed your allowance ;) ) .00123 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 MDX Tech are .00123 and 55%.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus the available $2,500 dealer cash.

Again, Acura's new January programs are scheduled to come out tomorrow.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome siriba.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman, can you post the January numbers for an Acura Mdx with Tech package? Residual and money factor for 12k and 15 k miles? Also are there any incentives or dealer cash for January? thanks!
  • I too am looking for the January residual and money factor for a 12k 36 month lease. Thanks in advance for any updates! :shades:
  • Car Man,

Do you have the January Money factor and resdiual? any dealer cash?

Thanks, a nd GREAT site!!!
This discussion has been closed.