Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RL Lease Questions

Comments

• Anyone know what the lease rates are for either the Acura RL Base or Tech. Since it is coming up on the end of March, I guess I would probably like to get the April info.

Also is there any incentives that can be combined with the lease at this time?

Thanks for any help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi happycamp. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RL with 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for a '10 RL Tech are .00113 and 45%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks for that info Car Man. And all I can say is OUCH! on that residual :)
  • Mr. Car_man,

Does the MF & residual stay the same, .00113 & 45% w/10K miles/yr? In the Acura website "offer section details" it says $2640 cap cost reduction, how does this apply? Is Acura(HFC) kicking this in? Should this appear on a lease contract?

Thanks for a great service!
    You're very welcome, happycamp.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks stage4survivor. The $2,460 that Acura's advertised payment for the RL mentions is paid by the lessee. Acura is providing $2,500 dealer cash on the '10 RL, but the consumer cap cost reduction is needed on top of that to arrive at the advertised payment.

Acura's money factors are the same for all mileage allowances, but its residual values vary. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 2% higher than 15k and 1% higher than 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • Anyone know the MF & Residual w/10k or 12k miles? The new promo price of $579/mo seems to offer alot of wiggle room since some dealers are offering over $8K off MSRP.

Love the TL AWD!
    Hey stage4survivor. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RL with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and opt to go with a nothing due at signing lease.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gb350gb350 Posts: 14
    edited September 2010
    Car_man,

Would you be so kind to provide the current MF & residual for a 2011 RL with Tech. 3 years at 15K per year. State would be New York.

Thanks,
  • Hi gb350. Is the 2011 RL at dealers yet? The last time I checked, Acura hadn't published a lease program for it. Here's the numbers for the 2010 model, in case you're interested.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 44%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the whopping $4,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,
    how long does the $4K dealer cash incentive last for the 2010 RL?

Also, is there a public website where this information can be seen?

thanks,
    nyboy
  • Hi nyboy. The $4,000 dealer cash that Acura is providing on the 2010 RL is scheduled to run though November 1st. As a general rule, manufacturers do not advertise dealer cash incentives, but you can look up the programs that are available on various vehicles in the Incentives Section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • thank you sir, much appreciated.
  • You're very welcome, nyboy.

Car_man
    Host
  • they are advertising a special lease program.
    0 down, 0 first payment, 35 mo @ $620 mo, 10k miles.
    i have to pay taxes and some documentation fees at signing.
    they increased to 12k mi/year for free.

is that a good deal?

second, i am currently leasing a honda. they said i could buy the car right now for the agreed price (even though there is 4 mo remaining on the lease from honda finance) and they would trade in value me $2500 on my 2008 honda pilot in good condition with 36kmi. i can have a check or use it to apply to my taxes that i have to pay on the new lease

is that a good deal? anything i have to worry about?
  • Hi naivecarbuyer. Manufacturers' advertised lease payments are usually reasonable deals, however they also usually can be beaten by savvy consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition. It makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty irritated with their manufacturers if they advertised the thinnest possible deal on a vehicle. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the RL that you want and then have the dealer use Acura's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment.

That's great if the dealer is willing to give you money for your current vehicle. It's usually fairly expensive for consumers to get out of leases early.

Car_man
    Host
  • Have the RL headlights been modified to address the many question about inadequacy
    that began with the 2005 model year? Hundreds of complaints, but never a mention of a recall.

- George
  • Hi George. You will probably have better luck getting feedback on the RL headlights by posting this question over in the Acura RL discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • maggsdadmaggsdad Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man. What is the current MF & residual value for a 2011 RL with Tech. 3 years at 10K per year. Any incentives??
    Hi maggsdad. Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RL with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Other than owner loyalty cash, I don't believe that Acura is currently providing any cash incentives on the RL.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.