Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RL Lease Questions

Comments

• sam_ksam_k Posts: 113
    $100/month to the cost the lease just to finance the the 18" wheels!? That makes sense since they're not residualized but that's crazy. It's $1900 for those wheels and probably between $800 and $1000 for tires and then you finance that total of $2900 over 3 years. The fact that you get 19" wheels on the Infiniti M35 Sport and 18" wheels on the M35 and M35x as standard equipment that is residualized will be a factor in my decision as to which car I choose. I give Acura credit for having either no options or only a couple of options on their cars however, they're just making it easier for dealers to make money by having dealer installed "accessories" instead of factory installed options. From my past researched, back in 1999 and again in 2002 when I was looking to lease an Acura, they were always expensive to lease and it seems like it's only gotten a little better.
  • hybrid3hybrid3 Posts: 22
    I agree, it is definitely crazy. The wheels should be a factory option. However the lease deals on the RL are much better than the M. You really can't go wrong with either car. The deals are great on the RL now, M's being newer, deals are harder to come by. You do pay a premium for getting a car near release. The dealer was trying to act like it was a good deal beause I get to keep the rims at the end of the lease. What the heck would I do with them?
  • Put them on EBAY.:)
  • Here's the information that you are looking for, Sam. If you were to lease a 2005 Acura RL through Honda Finance for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 58%, respectively. Its money factor for an otherwise identical lease with 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would increase to 59%. I am not sure if Honda Finance allows the residualization of dealer installed options, but I suspect that it does not. If you decide to have any dealer installed options put in your car and they cannot be residualized, make sure to keep the old parts. You can reinstall them when you go to turn your vehicle in at lease-end and can sell the upgraded parts that you had put on since you paid for them in full over the course of your lease. When negotiating your lease on this car, don't forget to take the $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi basch. You need to place a call directly to Honda Finance, or whatever bank you are leasing your current car through, to see if they will let you continue to lease your car month to month. There definitely is a limit to how long they will let you to extend your lease like this. As long as your car has not had any problems or gotten and new dents or scratches since your clean inspection you should not have to worry about having to pay any sort of excess wear and tear penalty. Unless the payment on your lease was unbelievably late, I highly doubt that the slightly late payment that resulted from the extension of your lease will have a negative impact upon your credit report. You can negotiate the selling price of the 2006 Acura RL that you are interested in before they hit dealers, as long as its pricing has been published. However, the dealer that you are working with will not be able to quote you an exact lease payment for it at this time because Honda Finance has not published its lease program for the '06 RL yet. I believe that the 2006 RL is scheduled to hit dealers before the end of the year, but I do not know the exact date.

Car_man
    Host
  • sam_ksam_k Posts: 113
    Thanks Car_man! It's so hard to get this information out of the dealers without going through the negotiation process. I love being armed with information when I talk to dealers. My lease on my 2002 Lexus GS300 is up on December 1st so I'll probably ask you if these numbers (and the others) have changed. I think I might extend my lease by 1 month because I don't think I'm going to have time in the next 6 weeks to do my car shopping. Right now my choices are Acura RL, Infiniti M35 Sport (not the AWD), new Lexus IS350 and Lexus GS300 (possibly AWD). The Acura RL is a little bit boring to me compared to the others but it might end up being the best deal especially with that $2500 cash back. I might be able to get an ever better deal on a left over 2005 unless they add features to the 2006 model that I would want. Even though I love Lexus' and I've had 2 GS300s, the new one is at the bottom of my list. Right now the 2 front runners are the Infiniti M35 Sport and IS350. The other thing that's bothering me is that all these cars are in their first model year of production and I don't like to buy a new model in it's first year of production because the number of defects and problems is always higher in the first year. Consumer Reports put out an article showing this to be true.
  • diesel3diesel3 Posts: 18
    i visited a dealer in NY and i think he offered me a solid deal. RL, 39months,15k and 2500 out of pocket which includes taxes,1st month, etc for 540 a month. He said the msrp on the car was 42,000. Can i get better or am i being greedy? thanks alot
  • Just offered the following from my local dealer in northern NJ, and would value your take on it. Day one payment of $1,584, including: AHFC fee $595;doc fee $129; MV registration $261; and first payment $599 (payments include NJ sales tax)
    term = 36 months; Residual = 58% ($28,809); mileage 12k/year; money factor of .0025
    Salesman said the cap cost is $43,840, (but my math works it out to be $42,675).
    Anyway, I was thinking if they threw in the wood/leather steering wheel and shift knob, wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards, then the $599/month payment was reasonable, provided it includes sales tax (which is clearly what I was told). What do you think?Should I be able to do better?
  • Yes, I would be interested in car_man's opinion on this as well. Also, Car_man, at this point in time what would you consider to be a "reasonable average" montly lease payment for an RL right now. I mean without sales tax included and with nothing down? I as thinking that $625.00 per month without sales tax included would be a reasonable offer? This is because the deal offered at the Acura web site appears to me to work out to nearly $700.00 per month or maybe I'm wrong about that? Also, I notice that some 2006 TLs are at the dealers now. Could the RLs be arriving this month as well?
  • You're very welcome sam_k. Stop back when you are back in the market in a month or two and I will be happy to give you an update on the lease programs for the cars that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi diesel3. It is difficult for me to comment on this deal without knowing this car's selling price and MSRP. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello rshaffer1. The lease money factor that you were quoted to lease this car is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate factor for it. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. It is difficult for me to give you my opinion on the selling price that you were quoted though without knowing this car's full MSRP. Let me know what this number is and I will tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Birdbird, your car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of a selling price you are able to negotiate. Let's say that you were able to negotiate a selling price of $42,829 on a 2005 Acura RL that has a full MSRP of $49,715. This is $1,000 over dealer invoice minus the $2,500 dealer cash that is available on this car right now. Using these prices, I estimate that this car should have a 36 month, 12,000 miles per year zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $568. As I said though, the exact payment that you are able to get will depend upon the selling price that you negotiate. For additional information on what sort of selling price you should pay for an RL right now, stop by the following discussion: "Acura RL: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man, I'm considering leasing a 2005 RL. MSRP (incl dest. charge) is $49,670, sell price is $42,500. Want 36 month lease, 15,000 miles/yr, zero down (I'm assuming that zero down doesn't apply to the acquisition & doc fees??). What would be the money factor (assuming excellent credit), residual % and monthly pre-tax lease payment? Also left you similar questions on an A4 posted on that car's lease forum. Thanks mate.
  • Hi Car_Man,

The Honda Finance Lease deal on 05 RLs at their web site expired October 31 with no lease offers now listed. Are your sources telling you anything about any new leasing program coming along for 2006 RLs?

Thanks.
  • I stand corrected. I see there is a lease deal on the 05 listed at the web site. I think it works out to about $750.00 per month if you roll everything including sales tax into the payments. But what about 06 models? I am guessing there won't be any good lease for quite a while on an 06 model?
  • Hi aussiem8. If you were to lease a 2005 Acura RL through Honda Finance in November for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00260 and 54%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $49,670 and a selling price of $42,500, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $616.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi birdbird. In November, Acura is not providing any sort of lease support on either the 2006 or 2005 RL. It did continue the $2,500 dealer cash that is has been providing dealers on the 2005 model. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost if you decide to lease. It is difficult to say when Acura will introduce any sort of support on the 2006 RL, but I personally doubt that it will be before the new year.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man, I am contemplating of leasing for the first time, and have begun to learn the ins and outs. But I am still confused by how monthly payments are determined. According to the example you provided in message #59, if the selling price is $42,500, money factor of .0026 and a residual value of 54%, the monthly payment is $616. However, when I plug in those numbers into the lease payment calculator that is provided on this website, I get a monthly lease payment of $724.16, not including taxes.

tia.
  • Car_man this question is for you.

I'm wondering what the residual and money factor on a 05 RL should be in the following scenarios:

12K year 36 months and 39 months
    15K year 36 months and 39 months

Thanks in advance.

If you answer this, one other thing, where are you getting your information ?

FCC
This discussion has been closed.