Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RL Lease Questions

Comments

• You're very welcome, Bartley. I have heard that Honda Finance is pretty reluctant to negotiate lease-end purchase prices, but give it a shot...you certainly don't have anything to lose.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • chea89chea89 Posts: 38
    Need a 4wd sedan for my wife-she hates the look of new TL. We [she] are interested in RL with tech package. Does anyone, Car_Man, know the money factor, residuals, and the rebates and/or marketing support?
    I hate the small size of the RL compared to other cars in this price range.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Charlie
  • Hi Charlie. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura RL with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. You can actually reduce your car's payment slightly by going with a 39 month lease. The money factor for the 39 month term is the same, but its residual value is 1% lower.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $3,000 dealer cash that is available on this car into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • chea89chea89 Posts: 38
    Thanks Car_man;
    We were interested in 36 months 12k/yea on the 09 RL. But I think our attention is now on the Mercedes E350 4matic sedan. I do love the reliability of Acura vs. the German luxury brands {former Audi and Lexus owner}. I do appreciate all the info to be gathered in these forums.

Charlie
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, Charlie. Perhaps I'll see you over in the Mercedes discussions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man...

I'm interested in a base model 2009 RL. What should I know about Acura's lease program on this car right now? i.e money factor, residual, incentives, etc.
  • I feel like I got a really good deal yesterday. I was coming out of a lease on a 2005 RL at $699 per month. It was a 4 year lease with a residual of $23,900 and change. In the 4 years that I had the car, I put on 68,300 miles. After doing enough research, I decided that the residual was too high for a 4 year old car with almost 70k miles on it. I was seeing the same car for 23k with about 25k less miles on it. So I went into my Acura dealership to test drive the TL with no thoughts about the RL as I didn't want my payment around $700 per month. In fact, I had seen some $700+ payments on some RL leases.

I test drove the TL and decided it was "doable" for a leased vehicle. But just for $hits and grins I asked them if they had an RLs on the lot. He said he had 2. One that was with just the base model and another with the technology package. Since I rarely ever used my GPS on my 2005 RL, I asked the sales person if he thought I could get a "deal" on the RL. He said maybe the one without the technology package.

After the general manager came out to see me before I left, I told the GM to give me numbers on the TL with technology and the RL without. After about 5 days of going back and forth via email with the GM, I struck a deal on a 2009 RL without the technology. It had an MSRP in the $47k range and here is the deal I received:

Purchase price of $38890.54

money factor: .00215

Residual: 47% or $22296.80

Monthly payment of $592.49

12,000 miles per year.

My plan is to actually buy this car outright. I love the RL and this one is gorgeous. It's black with the ebony interior. Going to go get the windows tinted tomorrow and will probably pick up the splash guards within the next month or so. I figured with as little as I used the Navigation on the 2005 RL, I would go pick up a Garmin and use it when I need it. The only reason I was able to get such a great deal was that not many people are willing to pay almost 50k for a car without navigation.

I love my new car.
    Hi Mark. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura RL with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Mark. I see that you actually finalized your deal already. I guess that you can ignore my previous post ;) . Congratulations on getting your new RL. Thanks for taking the time to post the details of your lease with everyone.

If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • soloboysoloboy Posts: 1
    hey mark - what happened to ur 05 rl on this when u returned it? any charges for overmileage? since u got another car did they waive it?
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    HI Car-man, any dealer cash at this time on the RL? Will also need the money factor and Residual value%. Maybe be better to lease an RL (have an old one now) than the TL which I found unacceptable. Also, few 09' base TL left. Have AFC top tier credit, etc thru 11/7/09.
  • Hey 10sfan. Yes, Acura is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on the 2010 RL. This cash is compatible with this car's lease program.

If you were to lease a base 2010 Acura RL through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00200 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Thanks you car man. No 2010 RL base models found in the Chicago/Milwaukee dealerships. Furthermore, none of the dealers were willing to utilize the $2,000 dealer cash (they use it at their discretion)on a lease quote, even if they could locate a base RL.
  • You're very welcome, 10sfan.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

What are the money factor and residuals for the 2010 RL base 10K miles / year for 36 months ?
  • Hi whitedoor. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holodays. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Through January 4th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RL with 10,000 miles per year are .00162 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is scheduled to introduce a new lease program some time tomorrow, which could very well be significantly different from its current one. Please feel free to check back with me then for an update.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks car_man. Have not pulled trigger on anything yet .. can you post the new numbers when you have a chance ?
  • You're very welcome whitedoor. As promised, here's the new info.

Through February 1st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RL with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that Acura is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello -
    What are the rates for a 2010 RL with tech ( socal)?
    Also,what are the parameters of the " super preferred"credit tier - we are at 710?
    Thanks for your help
  • Hi speedynk. If you score is still 710 on the nose, you're in luck. The last time I checked, that was the floor for the "Super Preferred" credit tier.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Anyone know what the lease rates are for either the Acura RL Base or Tech. Since it is coming up on the end of March, I guess I would probably like to get the April info.

Also is there any incentives that can be combined with the lease at this time?

Thanks for any help!
    Hi happycamp. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RL with 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for a '10 RL Tech are .00113 and 45%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for that info Car Man. And all I can say is OUCH! on that residual :)
  • Mr. Car_man,

Does the MF & residual stay the same, .00113 & 45% w/10K miles/yr? In the Acura website "offer section details" it says $2640 cap cost reduction, how does this apply? Is Acura(HFC) kicking this in? Should this appear on a lease contract?

Thanks for a great service!
    You're very welcome, happycamp.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks stage4survivor. The $2,460 that Acura's advertised payment for the RL mentions is paid by the lessee. Acura is providing $2,500 dealer cash on the '10 RL, but the consumer cap cost reduction is needed on top of that to arrive at the advertised payment.

Acura's money factors are the same for all mileage allowances, but its residual values vary. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 2% higher than 15k and 1% higher than 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • Anyone know the MF & Residual w/10k or 12k miles? The new promo price of $579/mo seems to offer alot of wiggle room since some dealers are offering over $8K off MSRP.

Love the TL AWD!
    Hey stage4survivor. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RL with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and opt to go with a nothing due at signing lease.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gb350gb350 Posts: 14
    edited September 2010
    Car_man,

Would you be so kind to provide the current MF & residual for a 2011 RL with Tech. 3 years at 15K per year. State would be New York.

Thanks,
  • Hi gb350. Is the 2011 RL at dealers yet? The last time I checked, Acura hadn't published a lease program for it. Here's the numbers for the 2010 model, in case you're interested.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 44%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the whopping $4,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.