Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• I'm a newbie but already love this forum.

I was just offered $372 plus tax (7% in Florida so $399) on a 2012 TL (base), $2K down, 36 month, 10K/year, residual of 62% and money factor of 0.00186. For a 12K lease the residual dropped to 61% and lease went to $412. Seems in line with other posters.

Any of you think I can get it to $399 for a 12K miles/year?
  • nystarnystar Posts: 26
    edited June 2011
    Hi Guys,

one month ago I went to Park Ave Acura in NJ, it was the memorial day at that time and got an offer for Acura TL FWD with Tech for $460/month $0 everything and execluding tax and registration fees. The guy told me that it was a memorial day offer.

My question is does this offer sound realistic ?

The reason why I am asking is that I went to Acura of Manhattan yesterday hoping to get something better but they told me that those numbers never exist and the guy at Park Ave knew that I wont buy the car at that time and thats why he gave me a very low price so I wont go to any other dealer in the future and even if I do I wont be able to get the numbers he offered.

I am new here and dont know about the calculations, but does $460/Month, 10K/year with 40 down execluding tax and fees for TL FWD Tech sounds realistic ?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello jbhansen. The numbers that you were quoted are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jagoojagoo Posts: 16
    edited June 2011
    Carman, can you please give me the current money factor and residual for a 24 month lease and 15k miles/year for a 2012 TL SH-AWD w/Tech package MSRP $42885. Are their any special incentives on this car?

Please give me the same information for a 2011 too.

Assume a credit score of 730.
    Thanks
    I;d be happy to, jagoo. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00186 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The only cash incentive that is available on the 2012 model right now is $750 loyalty cash.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00260 and 60%.

The loyalty cash is also available on the '11 model along with $1,500 dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • coachjkmcoachjkm Posts: 1
    Hey guys
    My acura dealer called me today and said that they would take my 2010 TL with 22K put me in a new 2012 at same monthly payment or less. What is the catch?
  • jbhansenjbhansen Posts: 20
    I'd advise you to get the details then tell US what the catch is.
  • yen2012yen2012 Posts: 3
    Hi Carman ,

I would like to know if the total cash on a 2012 tl tech is 1750 .... 750 loyalty and 1000 dealer cash ... if this is correct is a monthly payment of 426 that a dealer offered possible , i think its a trick to get me in the doors

please advise
  • erosseross Posts: 1
    hi, leased a 2012 TL with tech package and protection package, 15k, 36 month lease, traded in my 2010 with 32000 miles. 500 down and 440 month including taxes and license. was this a good deal anyone? i thought it was, but not so sure now.
    it is a pretty good deal ... my offer is for 10k per year / 36 months ... where is the dealer you got it from
  • Ok so I have a 2005 Acura TL w/ Navi with about $5500 left to pay on it from my purchase. Payments are about $450/mo.

I want to trade it in and get either a 2009/10 TL Tech for Purchase or 2012 w/ Tech for Lease.

I am a bit confused on which way to go. I assume I can get around $10K for my car. Few Questions and yes I read this thread.

1. I still dont understand the Money Factor thing. Can someone explain.

2. Is there a way they could low ball me on the trade in value?

3. Is there anyway to get a 2012 w/ tech lease for around $400 to $450/mo. How much should I look to put down? Also what would be the best way to work with the dealer to get it down this low.

Any suggestions would help.
  • Yes this is what my sales person is telling me about the '12 TL. He claims the $1k incentive ends within next few days, while the 750 loyalty goes through early august. Evaluating your 426 offer depends on s lot of factors, such as how much out of pocket they are requiring.
    sorry ... its zero ($0) out of pocket ... sign and drive deal
    You are correct, yen2012. There's a $1,000 cash incentives available on leases of this car plus the $750 loyalty cash.

The payment that you mentioned is definitely possible. This vehicle's ultimate payment will depend upon what your car's selling price is. At dealer invoice minus the cash incentives that we discussed, I'm coming up with a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $391.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi purchasingsoon. Acura's June incentives are scheduled to run through July 5th. While it is impossible to tell what its new July programs would be like, I personally would be fairly surprised if it decided to pull the plug on the $1,000 cash incentive that it is providing on leases of the '12 TL.

Car_man
    Host
  • Question for Car_man:
    I am in the process of trying to lease a 2012 acura TL base. Live in Columbus, Ohio

Here is what I am being offered.

Sales price = $33,316
    35 mo lease / 12k year
    1,500 down @ $472.00 /month.

I am trading in a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour. I having about 2,800 in neg equ.

Does this sound like a good deal with the trade?

I am trying to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thanks for your help! :confuse:
  • gabbogabbo Posts: 22
    I'm in same boat. The practical play is for me to pay it over the next 12 months then drive the wheels off of it.

But if there was a way to get a 12 with the Tech Package and payments around $400-$425 for 36/15k, I would consider it. I'm not a big fan of making a big deposit on a lease, but would consider using some of the equity if there was some left over for me to pocket.
  • srx2870srx2870 Posts: 16
    Hi Carman,

whats the July's residual and MF for tech fwd w/ tech 36 months, 10k a year? how about shawd w/ tech? Is there any incentive going on right now for leasing? Thanks!
    Here you go srx2870. Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for the AWD Tech model is the same, but its residual value is 59%.

Acura is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in most areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • peterxzpeterxz Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am new to lease.
    I saw Acura is offering:
    $0 down payment, $0 security deposit, $0 first month's payment, $0 due at lease signing. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. $440.00 a month for 35 months thereafter.

Is this a good deal? Can I still negotiate?
    If I want the Tech pkg, what the number then should be?

Thanks,

Pete
This discussion has been closed.