Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Lease acquisition fee is fixed by Honda Financial so no way to change that. Dealer fees are pure BS, so try to knock those down. (For example, CA has a law that limits dealer fees to $55, so when I see dealers in other states charge $300+, that is pure BS).
  • Hey Car_man...

Can you tell me what the September lease numbers are for a 2012 TL Tech for 36 months and 10k per year?

Thanks so much!
  • By the way, are there any incentives or rebates available as well?

Thanks!
  • I just got the following offer on a 2012 TL w/tech. I was called by the dealer as I have a 2009 on lease right now. My car is over mileage but Acura/Honda has never charged for for excess miles. I also just paid $700 in new tires for my current car. It needed 4 new tires (ouch) That is with warranty covering 50% of the cost which would have been $1400. TL with Tech 515.00 (includes 6% tax or TL base model 459.00.The tech is not the greatest thing I thought it was when I got it in 09. Many other car companies offer many of those items in base or mid tier models. I think sales are pretty weak right now in the car business. This car is also a pretty good guzzler. Not sure if I will bite on this one.
  • Hi markcincinnati. Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w Advance that has an MSRP of $46,659 and a selling price of $44,159 through Acura Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $594.

You're better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here's the latest, jmr9. Acura Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL SH-AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00166 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go zboz13. Acura Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00166 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey zboz13. The only cash incentive that is currently available on this car is some $250 dealer cash certificates that dealers can earn for selling them. Dealers can use up to four of them on sales, but they aren't required to and there's no way to know how many certificates each dealer has.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmr9jmr9 Posts: 15
    Thanks. Is that for the SH-AWD Tech with manual trans? (The numbers I had for August were .00170 and 58%.)
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    Dealer fees are pure BS! How true. I get so frustrated seeing the many posts on Edmund from uninformed consumers who seem to thing dealer documentation type fees are a justified way of selling. As has been said, a fool and his money are soon parted. If everyone simply said no to such fees, they would soon disappear.
  • Good catch. Sorry about the confusion, jmr9. The money factor is correct, but AFS' 36 month, 12k residual for a '12 TL SH-AWD Tech is 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello,

Trying to lease a TL in a tri-state area 15k miles a year for 36 months, 0 out of pocket. What should be a good monthly payment?
    Went to couple of dealerships, they dropped the price to around $40k from $43.7 MSRP. All start off at around $650 a month tax included, after a little bit of negotiating, one dealer dropped to $580 a month tax included. I still think its a bit high. Please HELP Car man!
  • While Car Man is having a rest, I make the pre-tax payment to be $539 using this month's numbers, so that $580 inc. tax is probably close.
  • thanx, btw do u think the price will be even better around the end of november beginning of december ? I still have 2 months left on my current lease (not acura) so i have no problem waiting couple more months.
  • Hi opro1. Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 TL SH-AWD with Tech that has an MSRP of $43,700 and a selling price of $43,000 right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $639.

This car has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. There's a $1,250 cash incentive available on it on top of that so you have a total of $4,250 to play with in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmr9jmr9 Posts: 15
    Did the incentive change from August to September?
  • Nope, jmr9, the $1,250 is still there.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,
    Do you have the residual value and money factor information for October on 2012 TL FWD and 2012 TL AWD with Tech Package, 10k, 36 months?
  • I sure do drmike29. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00166 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a TL AWD are .00166 and 61%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi, could I get the MF and RV for a 2012 TL base, 36 mo, for 10k and 12K? Also, I saw on another website there is supposedly $500 bonus dealer case in addition to the $1,250 incentive, is that correct? I'm in Oklahoma. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.