Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• bignasty1bignasty1 Posts: 23
    Carman -

Could you help me out determining a lease price on a TL? Sales price is 29,800. 3 years, 12k miles, no deposit, and roll in the acquisition fee. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • mnokermnoker Posts: 28
    Anyone have the Mf and residual for the month of Augest?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jwright503. Here are links to two very informative articles on leasing that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. The second one contains the formula that you are looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings tlwannabe. I would be happy to estimate what the monthly payment should be on the car that you are interested in. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP. Both the MSRP and selling price (which you have already mentioned) are necessary for this calculation. In mid-July Acura introduced $1,000 dealer cash on the 2006 TL. This is not surprising because many dealers are just swimming in them. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to get an '06 TL for around $750 under dealer invoice once the dealer cash is taken into account. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this car recently: "Acura TL: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    My partner in crime, kyfdx, is right. The $1,500 excess wear and tear allowance cannot be used to pay vehicles' excess mileage penalties.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atl7775. Basically the $1,500 damage waiver means that Honda Finance is very lenient when evaluating the condition of vehicles that it is getting back at the end of leases. I have always found Honda Finance to be very forgiving when evaluating leased vehicles, even before it instituted its $1,500 excess wear and tear waiver policy. One's leased Honda or Acura would probably have to be pretty messed up to have to pay an excess wear and tear penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello bignasty1. I would be happy to estimate what your car's monthly payment should be for you. I have all the information that I need to do so except for this car's MSRP. Let me know what it is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I sure do, mnoker. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. Since you didn't mention either of these variables for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. These are pretty common terms. Let me know if you want a different length lease or mileage allowance. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Acura TL without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00283 and 56%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. Don't forget about the $1,000 dealer cash that Acura is currently providing on this model when you negotiate your car's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Carman, thanks for your response. The MSRP is $35,325. The selling price has changed a little as well. He is now offering $32,200 which includes floor mats, window tint, wheel lock, theft guard, and Ipod connector. Please let me know how much this lease would be with nothing down. Thanks!
  • shellzshellz Posts: 34
    Hello Car_Man,

I saw that you posted the residuals and money factor for the 2006 TL w/o navigation system. I'm interested in a TL with navigation system for 36 months and 12k miles a year. Can you provide the residuals and money factor for this car?

Thanks.
  • Hi Carman, here is the MSRP - 33,325
  • kad153kad153 Posts: 22
    Can someone help me with the same info. Need residuals and MF through american honda for an 06 TL auto w/nav. Assume 12k per year/36 months.

Is 30,700+destination the best price i can get on this right now, with the 1k manufacterer to dealer program. I see some people posting 30,800 - is that including destination?

Also, could someone give me a quick breakdown of the numbers for the monthly payment with 30,700+destination in a 36 month lease? - I'm terrible at figuring leases out. Sales tax in my state is 6%. I'm told Bank fees are 595.

Thanks.
  • Leaseguide.com should help.
  • Carman, rumor has it that Honda Financial is finally coming out with new lease numbers (MF/residual) later this month. Any insight? :confuse:
  • jms8090jms8090 Posts: 29
    Has anyone used any other leasing companies other than Hann or American Honda Financial? I'm curious as the money factors are very high for AHFC and only slightly lower for Hann, who has a terrible reputation for dinging you when you return your car. The posts above referring to Mechanics Bank seem interesting, but they're in California, so I don't know if they work our here in NY. Didn't AAA work with Chase a while back? If so, does anyone know if they are still doing this and what type of money factors they are using. Just for info, it seems that the money factors for AHFC for a 36 month 12k per year lease are .00283 without security waived, or .00293 with security waived. Hann is .00275.
  • I'm trying to work out a lease for a TL w/o navigation. I live in NJ, and have been quoted the following:

MSRP: $33,995
    Selling Price: $28,995

Lease via HANN:
    Upfront Costs: $1,242 (Bank Fee, MV/DOC Fee, Tire Fee)
    Monthly Cost: $414 (10k miles)
    Money Factor / Res: .00275 / 67%
    (Hann lease is for 32 months, and has a $450 deposition fee)

Lease via AHFC:
    Upfront Costs: $1,242 (Bank Fee, MV/DOC fee, Tire Fee)
    Monthly Cost: $450 (10k miles) / $460 (12k miles)
    Money Factor / Res: .00283 (.00293 for 12k) / 56%
    (AHFC has the $1,500 damamge waiver, and $0 deposition fee).

What are your thoughts on the lease packages proposed? Is there more room for negotiation?
  • 06 TL with navi
    msrp 35,995 destination charges included
    30,490 destination charges included
    67% resid. value
    .00293 MF
    payment was around 490.tax included...tax in cali 8.25%
    no money out of pocket
    does this seem right? they were trying to get me at .00299MF.......can someone tell me if the money factor is right....i really wanted to buy it today
  • see above. My MF on my HANN lease quote is .00275.
  • so my payments are still in the high 400's...im trying to get to 450 tax included no money out of my pocket i know its doable but the MF is kinda high..
  • keep in mind that these cars are way overstocked. You should be able to hit 450.
  • i just dont know wich dealer gives them away...lol acura southbay suppose to be good but i dont know hopefully they call me towards the end of the month
  • Does Honda do a 18-20 month lease? If so, what are the numbers for that? I need this car for school in Boston.

Thank you guys!
  • Car_Man,
    You helped me out about 3 years ago when I had a lease vs. buy dilemma (I was steeler_fan then) and it was very much appreciated. I wanted to see if I could enlist your expert assistance once again. I'm considering a 2006 TL/Navi, and I'm looking to lease 36, 39 or 42 months at 15K/year. I made an offer of 32,300+TTL and it was accepted. I'm looking to lease through AHFC and I wanted to see what the numbers look like. I'm in the Dayton, OH area. Thanks!!
  • Hello Car_man,

Here is what my dealer is offering my on a 2006 Acura TL with Nav.

36 months/10K mile lease

msrp 35,950 destination charges included
    Negotiated price = 31,000 destination charges included
    58% resid , .00293 MF
    payment is was around 484.tax included...cali tax is 8.25%

Local dealers are telling me that this is the best I can get for the 2006 TL since Acura is doing a 1000$ rebate which may go away anytime. Is that true?

Thanks
  • So it looks like the special APR financing is gone for certain in not all parts of the US. Does anyone know what the money factors and residuals are for a 2006 TL NAV 5AT? Last I saw was 57% with .00293 if security was waived and .00283 with security deposit. This is with AHFC. Believe it or not, I'm still interested in leasing this car as long as I can get my payments below 500 per month all in.
  • As always, this forum is still the best place for info. Thank you all. Interesting shopping here in Ft Lauderdale.

Acura of South Florida - the internet manager responded to my email by stating "all quotes are by phone to avoid confusion". :confuse: Really!!

Ed Morse Acura - got a price on an auto non Nav of 30495 but couldn't get a lease quote

Rick Case - 457/mo plus tax,10K 36 mo 1286 due, purchase price of 30,500 59% .00293. Could have done better at dealership but getting a hold of salesman and pinning him down was difficult.

Palm Beach Acura - very straightforward and professional, the internet manager was not going to let the deal get away. Ended up purchasing (I'll post on other board this weekend) but final deal, mainly on internet but completed on phone was 450/mo tax included, 36/12K - $700 due. Main thing was that the manager was responsive to my requests. Forwarded this to Rick Case and they let it walk. Don't know if there might have been additional surprises but unlikely as the purchase was smooth as silk. This was last month and residual has gone down this month.

Nice car, good deal, everyone's happy. But doing things over the phone to avoid confusion - now THAT'S a line that all internet car shoppers can really appreciate!
  • I have been negotiating with a dealer in Chicago and had him send me the final #s that we arrived at and the corresponding fees et cetera. Here's the details:

Miles per year: 12,000
    Price: $31,500
    Trade: $7,500
    Payoff: $6,600 (approx.)
    Doc Fee: $57.33
    Taxes: $1625.56
    License and Title: $168.00
    Money Factor: .00293
    Residual: .55
    Payment: $568.38

The issue is, if you use his MF and Residual I get $506 a month. See here is my math:

35,853 (MSRP) * .55 (RESIDUAL) = $19,719.15

$31,500 + $57.33 + $1625.56 + $168.00 = $33,350.89 - 900 (value in trade) = $32,450.89 (CAP COST)

$19,719.15 + $32,450.89 = $52,170.04 * .00293 = $152.85 (monthly cost of $$)

$32,450.89 - $19,719.15 = 12,731.74/36 = $353.65 (monthly cost of depreciation)

Payment = $152.85 + $353.65 = $506.59

SO SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME, am I calculating it right?

Regards,

Jason
  • Just saw this in my local paper yesterday in NY Metro Area:

24 Month Lease
    $399 per month, 10k per year for base TL
    Money factor .00136 which equals approx 3.2%
    $1005 down payment
    ----------------------------------------------
    I have confirmed that this is in fact an AHFC lease program. What I wanted to do was this:

Take the money factor and incorporate it into an '06 TL NAV 5AT with 12k per year lease.

Here's what I came up with:

Nothing down (zero, just tags, title) so our of pocket would be first month plus a few hundred.

I was told that the lease would be approx. $560 per month for two years, everything wrapped in (taxes,bank fee, etc).

Residual is 64%

I was hoping for better as the money factor sure beats the .00283 or .00293 that has been quoted here. However, the shorter time period takes away from that. I was also told that the 1k incentive does not apply here. If that were the case, this car would be in the $500 range for two years. Not a bad deal at all. So, this car continues to be a terrible car to lease.
  • Thanks for the additional information, tlwannabe. This car's lease payment will depend upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TL without navigation with an MSRP of $35,525 and a selling price of $32,200 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $499.

If you haven't leased yet you may be interested in the fact that Acura just introduced a special 24 month lease program on this model in select states for the month of September. This is the first time in a long time that I recall seeing any special money factors on this car. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to tell you if it is one of the ones that this special program is available in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here you go, shellz. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Acura TL with navigation and with 12,000 miles per year are .00283 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

If you haven't leased yet you may be interested in the fact that Acura just introduced a special 24 month lease program on this model in select states for the month of September. This is the first time in a long time that I recall seeing any special money factors on this car. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to tell you if it is one of the ones that this special program is available in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.