Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car Man,

Looking to lease a new car. TL 6-speed manual Technology SH-AWD with 17k mile per year in PA. Top tier credit, with zero down. What's a good price for the car? What would the monthly lease payment be? Thanks
  • I too am cross shopping for a 6 speed awd - willing to come out of pocket $2000 +/- and need at least 12k a year in NJ

Is under $400 with tax possible? No need for options
  • I would say yes it is possible in NJ. I was quoted 394.00 a month tax incl with 1500 out of pocket 12k per year for a tech. Only few hundred dollar difference in tech and awd. Good luck. Btw this was after 3 hours of negotiations.
  • Looking to lease in North Jersey 2013 Tech 12k a year 36 months. I would like a sign and drive lease. If it counts I qualify for the Acura loyalty $1500 down cause i have a 2010 Tsx . What's the lowest I could get it. I would like to stay under $400 a month is it possible?
  • You're very welcome ak33. Thank you for the thanks ;).

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with. First we need its MSRP and selling price. According to the new vehicle pricing section of Edmunds.com, the MSRP of a 2013 TL Tech is currently $40,530.

Onto the selling price. This car's dealer invoice price is $38,059. If we subtract the available $1,500 dealer cash from that and add say $500 we come up with a selling price of 37,059.

Combine those figures with a money factor of .00062 (in Georgia) and a residual value of 54%, and I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $459.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi 1995e36m3. Assuming a selling price of $500 over invoice minus the dealer cash, I estimate that this car would have a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $524 in Pennsylvania.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi CarMan:
    I would like to lease a 2013TL w/ tech package. I'm in FL and looking for $0 down, 12k miles/yr. I was quoted the following:
    MSRP: $40,500 price they quoted:$36,699 Residual value $22,696.80 all inclusive. They said my lease payment would be $499.99, which wasn't adding up for me. I was trying to get closer to $450, am I being unrealistic? I do a lease turn in of a 2010 Accord EX that is under mileage by @ 6k. Can they not give me a credit for that? Thanks so much for your help!
  • readyrn,

I am assuming that you are looking at the FWD (front wheel drive) TL w TECH.

The MSRP ($40,500) is a match (no surprise there) and the Quoted Sell Price ($36,699) seems reasonable (it is below Edmunds own TMV of $36,849), but I agree the payment seems off.

In my case I leased a 2013 FWD w Advanced (higher trim level than TECH) and am paying less than your quoted lease payment.

If I were in your shoes I would go into the dealer and ask to see a breakdown.

Ensure that they are using the quoted sell price (some dealers sneak in a higher sell price and hope that you do not notice), ensure that they are not cramming in dealer fees which are not mandated by the state or ACURA (docs fees are the main one, in my case I had the dealer discount the car's sell price by the docs fees as state law requires that the dealer show any fees but not they must charge them), and that the money factor and residual (that I am sure carman will provide) match up.

Hope that helps,
    dan1431
  • Hello Car Man-

I currently have a 2010 Acura TL and would like to lease a new 2013 Acura TL Automatic Tech Package with 20K miles annually and no money down except for 1st month's payment (including tax and title). I live in Illinois. What is a reasonable monthly payment that I should look for from a dealer?

Thanks for your help.
  • Hi readyrn. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to y calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 TL Tech that has an MSRP of $40,500 and a selling price of $36,699 through Acura right now in Florida for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $427.

Of course, that's before any taxes or fees like the acquisition fee are added in, but it's in the area that you were looking for. I'd ask the dealer to run you through the payments to see why they are coming up so much higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi saltyone. I just worked up a payment on a TL Tech for someone in my previous post. You should be able to use that as a point of reference with one caveat. Taxes on leased vehicles in Illinois are extremely high.

Car_man
    Host
  • I really appreciate your help CarMan!! I was able to see they were adding junk fees once I received a breakdown. You are truly a lifesaver.Thanks!!!
  • acncacnc Posts: 2
    What's the current MF and residual for 2013 TL and TL SH-AWD with Advance in NC for 36mos and 15k mile/yr? Also, any rebates, incentives?
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy NYCPosts: 95
    edited February 2013
    Very pleased with this deal I just got done. 2013 Acura TL w/Tech Sh-AWD. MSRP $44,080 Selling price of $36,545 after $1,500 Loyalty, $2,000 Rebate and about $1,300 behind invoice. Just 1st month and DMV due at signing, $746.59 and a monthly payment of $446.59. This was a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. See the breakdown of the deal below... I don't think I left any money behind - LOL!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:25:46 AM

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying, LLC WD Deal ID: 32415
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 ACURA TL UA9F5DKW 4dr Sdn SH-AWD Tech AT w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 36
    Base Payment 446.59
    Total Payment 446.59
    Purchase Option 23,803.20
    MSRP 44,080.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.20

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 446.59
    Fees & Insurance 300.00
    Total Inception Fees 746.59

Total Cash Required on Delivery 746.59

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 6.28 8.3750 Capped
    Upfront Tax 1,343.98 8.3750 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 225.00 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • Hi carman,

Can you give me the residual and money factor on a 2013 TL base model, 3 year lease, 10,000 miles a year, in Sacramento, CA (zip 95841). Thanks very much.
  • Hi Carman, could you please post the March numbers for the TL TECH 36 month 10K lease. Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, readyrn. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi acnc. Through March 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL with 15,000 miles per year in North Carolina are .00062 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 SH-AWD are .00062 and 55%.

There is $1,500 dealer cash on this car right now.

Acura will introduce its new March programs later this week.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sacdriver. Through March 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Base with 10,000 miles per year in California are .00062 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alfstinky1. Acura is not scheduled to introduce its new March lease program until the 5th. Please post a reminder for me in this discussion in a few days and I'll gladly fill you in on what I have been able to find out about the new program.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.