Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• sstallsstall Posts: 7
    Will be going off 3-year 2010 TL w/Tech lease at end of month. Payoff is less than average trade-in price shown on Edmunds by a few hundred to over $1000 depending upon condition selected. We're under on mileage by about 3,000 miles. Is it a bad idea to buy our lease? If so, why? Thanks.
  • chuckjrchuckjr Posts: 52
    The downfall of buying a lease I that in a year you will be driving a car not covered under warranty unless you buy or bought an extended.

I was in your position when my 09 TL ended and I sold it to carmax. They paid off the lease and cut me a check for $1800.
    Has anyone heard about new incentives for March? The Feb. manufacturer's cash of $2,000 was great; hope there's something like that for March.
  • ged3584ged3584 Posts: 27
    There is a $1500 Conquest or Loyalty down payment assistance, you must finance or lease Acura Financial Services and have either;
    -a 2003 or newer Acura Vehicle or members of the same household
    -or a 2003 or newer Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes Benz, Cadillac vehicle or members of the same household.
  • acar414acar414 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Hey. Im wondering if I'm getting a good deal on a 2013 TL AWD (non-tech), they are offering me $390 a month for 36 months, 12K miles a year- no money down-just taxes, title and fees up front. They are taking me out of my current lease 2 months early. Is this a good deal? I'm in NY. Thanks!!
    Car Man, do you know the new money factor and residual for March for a 36 month lease, with 15,000 miles annually, 2013 FWD TL w/ Advance in NC? Can you also run the numbers for me on a good sales price given that the new incentives are 2,000 dealer cash plus $1500 loyalty cash? Thanks.
  • ak33ak33 Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I really appreciate the ballpark figures. It greatly helps in figuring out what is within my budget!

Have a great weekend!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    The dealer cash that was available in February is still there, sstall. $1,500 on base and $2,000 on Tech or Advance models.

As ged helpfully mentioned, there is another $1,500 conquest / loyalty cash on top of that that I assume most consumers would qualify for as well.

That's a lot of cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes I do, sstall. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Advance FWD in North Carolina with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Acura TL Advance FWD that has an MSRP of $42,730 and a selling price of 37,095 through Acura Financial Services right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $450.

There's lots of cash on this car and the money factor is decent, but its residual values are mediocre.

Car_man
    Host
  • ml_driverml_driver Posts: 10
    Car man
    I am negotiating for a zero down 36 month lease on a 2013 TL with tech. package. Can you give me a target to shoot for? I can't take advantage of the conquest offer, but am coming off an Accord lease, if this makes a difference. (Sales price, residual, money factor and monthly payment)
    I am in PA.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Car man and forum members ,

I was looking to trade in my 04 tsx and lease a 13 tl AWD with tech if the deal is right. Just a few questions that you or the other forum members might be able to help me out. First, can the 2000 dealer cash and 1500 Acura loyalty incentive be combined ? I would qualify for the highest tier so that shouldn't be an issue. If so , I am looking to lease the vehicle for 36 months with 15k a year mileage. I would like to put no money down and have the dealer write my check for my tsx trade. I would prefer the manual but would do the automatic if the price was right.

Finally , can this be done for around 500 dollars a month? This vehicle would be purchased in NJ.

Thanks for any feedback
  • acuraguy83acuraguy83 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I just signed a 36 month lease zero out of pocket on 3-11-13 for a '13 tech. Monthly payment is $447 plus tax. I had to use the current 1500 owner loyalty towards my 2011 TL base trade to make up the negative equity. Otherwise it was an easy deal and again I took possession of the '13 without giving a single penny. Payment could have been less if I didn't have the negative equity as I could have used the 1500 as a down payment instead.
    After the sales price is negotiated, does Acura charge a $595 finance/acquisition charge?
  • They generally add that into the sale price so you do not have to pay that out of pocket. That's how mine have always been done. This is my 4th Acura lease. There is apparently a 2000 dealer cash going on as well for the base and tech model TL's which you could use to pay any upfront costs or to bring down the sale price. Let me know how it works out for you. I feel my lease price was decent compared to what I have paid for their leases in the past. My '11 base TL was $413 plus tax so to get into a '13 tech for only 30 more a month seemed like a good deal.
  • snarf1464snarf1464 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I'm new to leasing but have been reading the info here on Edmunds to learn more. I'm looking at a 2013 FWD TL with Tech in Missouri. I was given an MSRP of $40530 with a sale price of $37733.55 before a $1500 loyalty credit for a final sale price of $36233.55.

I'm looking at a 36 month lease with 12k miles and no money down. I was given the following:
    Residual amt: $22696.80
    Money factor: .0010
    Base monthly payments: $457.80 + 41.20 in tax

Any thoughts on how good of a deal this is?
    Hi ml_driver. The car that you're interested in has an MSRP of $40,530. If I use a selling price of 36,559 (invoice minus $2,000 in incentives + $500), I estimate that this vehicle would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $389 for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year. I used a money factor of .00062 and a residual value of 56% to arrive at this payment. The money factor varies by state, this is for PA.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 04tsxdriver. Yes, the dealer cash and the loyalty cash can indeed be combined.

Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 TL AWD Tech that has an MSRP of 44,080 and a selling price of 38,345 (invoice minus loyalty minus dealer cash plus $500) through Acura right now in NJ for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $467.

So yes, this deal does look like it can be done for less than $500 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    My sales price was $36,339 +595 (bank fee) + =$36,934. 56% residual and money factor of .00052. I'm pleased with the deal, but was wondering if the $595 was added to pad the profit margin. They pay first payment and I pay the next 35. 12k mi. a year.
    What do you think?
  • ibuyacurasibuyacuras Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    What do you guys think of an Acura TL base at $1000 in total drive-offs (including payment and all fees) and $340 / month including 9% tax in California? 36 mo / 10k miles. MSRP is 35905. Seems very competitive to me.
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Posts: 50
    edited March 2013
    This is from California, and I don't consider it a great offer: MSRP: $40,530, SP: $35,986, Residual: 57.1%, MF: .00062, $1,000 Drive Off, $483 mo. It supposedly includes a dealer discount of $4,543. I believe the monthly is about $50 more than it should be. Residuals on Tech packages are worse than those on base. Don't ask me why. I just realized that the quote doesn't specify mileage (great job!). Term is 36 months.
This discussion has been closed.