Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome weekend1014. I wouldn't say that you got ripped off, just that you might have been able to do better. Enjoy your new car and you'll get an even better deal next time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chuckjr. Acura is currently providing $1,500 owner loyalty / conquest cash and $1,500 to $2,000 dealer cash (depending upon the trim level) on the 2013 TL.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 TSX Wagon.

Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 to .00100 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The money factor varies by state.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 TSX Wagon are .00046 and 58%.

The 12k residuals are 2% higher. The 10k residuals are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_Man - I'm sure I speak for all of us - thank you so much for all of your help and input!!! My wife's lease of her Lexus ES 350 is up in December. I will be sure to contact you beforehand!!!
    You're very welcome weekend1014. Thank you for the kind words :). Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
  • nacklesnackles Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Carman,

Trying to decide betw TL and RDX. What are Acura's June lease money factor and residual for 36 and 48 mth 12k mi for 2013 TL FW Tech and 2014 RDX FW Tech in Houston, Texas? Tax rate 6.25%. Trying to go with $0 down leasing option.

I know Acura is offering loyalty incentive of $1500 and dealer incentive of $2000 but only for 2013 TL. So cost for TL less expensive. Want to try to take advantage of incentives and current residuals by July 8th before deal ends.

What should I negotiate as far as price? I have a dealer offering $33800 for TL Tech and $36800 for 2014 RDX Tech both OTD (TTL etc included). These quotes are just based on price not on leasing. How do these prices sound to start cap cost? Gap not included.

Thanks for your help. Want to get the best deal possible.
  • rfb38rfb38 Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Do you have July money factor and residual values for a TL with Tech in the metro Washington area? I live in MD. Best deal I have so far comes out to $420 per month with 0 down for 36 months with 10K miles per year.

Thanks for the help!
  • beamer55beamer55 Posts: 12
    Hi Carman and everyone -
    I test drove a 2013 TL with Tech only.

The numbers the dealer came up with are:

36month lease with 10K per year.
    $550 due at signing. (1st month and taxes)
    $395 + tax per month.

can you guys tell me if this is a good deal or is there more room? Im getting ready to start grad school and trying to stay safe on my budget of $300 a month...
    Hi nackles. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech FWD in Houston Texas with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for a TL right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives that you mentioned. You can find this car's dealer invoice price here: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rfb38. Acura Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech FWD with 15,000 miles per year in Maryland are .00098 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi beamer55. To me, the easiest way to tell if you are getting a good deal on this car (because I haven't worked up payments on every variant) is to look at the selling price. On a 2013 TL, you should be at a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the available $2,000 dealer cash and the $1,500 owner loyalty slash conquest cash. You can find this car's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks CarMan! I`ll check it and see what the dealer comes up on the final price - will keep you posted.

Regards!
    Hi Car_Man,

Just a quick question - I looked at the total Invoice of the TL with Tech and it shows $38,059, should i Minus the $2000 Dealer Cash and the $1500 Loyalty from the selling price to calculate the lease?

Also, when I check the TMV it shows $37,355.

I'm not sure of the residual & MF for 36month/10k miles.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
  • chuckjrchuckjr Posts: 52
    Thanks car_man
    I'm in California. It looks like I'll take delivery of both cars this weekend.

What are the money factors and incentives for the base TL AND TSW WAGON for July?
    I'm in California.

Thanks again.
  • chuckjrchuckjr Posts: 52
    I took delivery of both a base TL and base TSX wagon this weekend.

Looking at the paperwork I realize I left some money on the table. They matched the price USAA quoted but they took the $1500 conquest off a higher sales price to get there. I guess there was another $1500 I could have shaved.

I dealt with this dealer because he was the closest to LA with a base TSX wagon but they don't have a dedicated internet salesman so it took a lot of back and forth (nonsense).

Adjusted cap $31.9K including $1500 conquest (which they charged me sales tax on)
    three years 10K - $316/ month pre-tax.
    $0 down other than drive off.

I also leased the base wagon w the same terms and a sales price of $30.9 at $334/month
  • I my negotiations with different dealers, I found that the tactic of either subtracting incentives from a higher sale price or claiming that incentives are part of the dealer's already "low, low" price is very common. For example one dealer (not an Acura dealer) advertised $6,000 off the MSRP, but when I asked for my $1k private offer, he replied, that it was already included in the reduction. In another forum, a buyer complained that even after several requests, he still didn't have a selling price on the car he wanted. Always negotiate a selling price and then ask for any company/dealer incentives.
  • mrminsky1mrminsky1 Posts: 23
    edited July 2013
    After shopping around I ended up leasing a 13 TL SPECIAL EDITION for $386 which includes all my taxes. Keep in mind GA charges the full amount of the tax up front which is basically 6.5 percent of the cost of the car at the expense of no charging the annual ad valorem taxes. So about $2400 divided by the 36 months or about $65 a month. I put down $1000 out of pocket which includes my first month premium. Some people put zero money down, but I really wanted to be under $400 a month. The dealership also included a 3 year maintenance plan for the car which includes all basic services such oil and tire rotation every six months or every 5000 miles. Could I have done better? Maybe. Overall, I think this is a steal for what it offers. The Upgraded tires, wheels, leather, keyless ignition, and spoiler are well worth the price especially for the the extra $15 or so on the lease. Driving this car for less than $400 a month and in some States for $350 is a steal.... Folks, Camry and Accord prices!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. Came out of a 2010 G37 and I like having the extra room inside. Loved my G37 and hopefully my new TL will prove to be as reliable. don't mind giving up the extra few ponies and rear wheel for the extra space and comfort....
  • kainnyckainnyc Posts: 76
    Sometimes there's a huge mark up like with the c class right now, so sometimes you might not now how deep you can go.
    You're very welcome beamer55.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey beamer55. It depends upon what sort of selling price that you are able to negotiate with the dealer. A capitalized cost of invoice minus these incentives certainly would be attractive.

Acura Financial Services July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00061 to .00098 (they vary by state) and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kainnyckainnyc Posts: 76
    Is this for any tl? What are the July MF, residual values for all tl trims please?
This discussion has been closed.