Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new TL, jimmyvegas. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello keroppi78. I suspect that you should be able to get a TL-S for less than $500 per month. A community member just reported doing so in message #1425. Did you negotiate this car's selling price before having the dealer calculate your lease payment? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The lower this car's selling price is, the lower your monthly payment will be.

Car_man
    Host
  • williamdean3williamdean3 Member Posts: 14
    How much would one hav to put down approximately to get a TL-S for under $500 a month nothing....or is this assuming just basic taxes title etc. just curious thanks
  • inhalexhaleinhalexhale Member Posts: 8
    I was just quoted $466 per month for 12k/36months with only the first month payment up front. All taxes/fees included. TL with nav. What do you guys think?
  • lepialepia Member Posts: 45
    fyi,
    i was offered 445 a month with first month payment
  • lepialepia Member Posts: 45
    Is that in NY? I was offered 465.00 10K/36 months and first month payment.

I think that is a great deal.
  • scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    Hello again Car_man,

I have a little itch that needs a scratch. Thinking about maybe trying to get into a TL Type-S 6MT for 36 months (+/- 6 months if a better rate is available) and 12k miles per year. Do you have June MF and Residual %? Thanks!
  • alexccsalexccs Member Posts: 3
    Hello everybody, thi is my first time leasing so i dont know how everything works... i am in the market for an Acura TL w/ Nav. Black on Black. I am willing to put $3000.00 down and i would like my monthly payment no more than $350.00. Is this possible..... IThe term would be 36mos. 12K per year??? If i do it for 48mos, 12K would be cheaper??????I live in Tampa Bay Area.
    Thank you
  • inhalexhaleinhalexhale Member Posts: 8
    New Jersey, but I live about 15mins from NYC. I was just offered 36month/10k miles @ $416 month for the TL with no navi. All taxes and fees incl and only first month payment up front. I really want to be under 400 but idk if it's possible. I'll keep trying though =)
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Try not to negotiate the payments. Instead, try to secure the lowest sale price you can on the vehicle. Get the money factor and residual value from your dealer (if they won't disclose it, find a dealer that will) and calculate your own payments using a Lease Formula/Calculator. The key is to understand what goes into your payments instead of letting your dealer add hidden costs into your lease without you knowing. With that said, expect your drive-off to be 1st month payment + doc fee + bank/acquisition fee + dmv + tire. ($1000-1500). Anything more than that, you'll be essentially paying down your cap cost...which is generally a "no-no" when you lease.
  • screamacescreamace Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I am on the market for a 2008 TL Types-S auto and I see you guys talking about the 1000 dealer rebate. But on edmunds I only see a 2500 dealer rebate effective from 4/1 to 6/30. Which one is true?
  • kenacurakenacura Member Posts: 6
    i am a acura sales consultant and i am more then happy to help out with any questions please feel free to contact me
    actually there is a 2500 cash back price if you are going to purchase cash and can not take the low interest and 1000 cash back if you plan on leasein the car
    honestly i work at an acura dealership your prob better off with a 36 month lease they have a better residual
  • screamacescreamace Member Posts: 7
    Thank you kenacura. Your info really helps.
    I'm talking to my dealership about the sale price. Too bad we only have 2 acura dealers around so not much competition. One just gave me a quote for TL-S with several accessories which brings the MSRP to 39530 and he offered a sale price of 37000!!! I think the best I can achieve is to get the invoice price :mad:
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    kenacura,

I'm looking at a TL also for lease. what is the money factor on a TL(no-navi) for 36 month's/10K miles a year with excellent credit? My closest dealer doesn't seem to want to disclose it.
    maxhonda99

with a tier one credit on a base tl the money factor is 0.00235 and theres a 1000 lease cash aswell
  • rutnerrutner Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market in NJ for an Acura TL-S to lease. Do you you the money factor and residual for this car. I am looking to lease for 36 months and 15k miles/year.
    Thanks
  • rsaylersayle Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone,
    Does anyone have the residual value and money factor for an 08 TL w/ Navi?

Thanks!
  • rk2005rk2005 Member Posts: 3
    I was offered the following deal today in Houston

TL with NAV, mats/trunk tray/locks/tint for 36 months/18K per year
    (i will drive a lot)

NO money down

$530/month
    Residual 52%
    COST 32,500 (which includes all dealer costs and mileage penalty of $900)
    Sales tax 6.25%
    MF 0.0011 = approx 2.6% apr

any thoughts
    Hi williamdean3. I am not sure exactly how much one would have to put down to lease a TL-S for under $500 per month, but I can tell you that it's not really a good idea to put money down when leasing. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you will be much better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey scanty. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL-S with 12,000 miles per year are .00171 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Super Preferred credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, rutner. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL-S with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • master007master007 Member Posts: 3
    What is the exact credit score you would need to be approved for a acura type-s?
  • thero0kiethero0kie Member Posts: 5
    hey all !
    I had a few questions . First I wanted to know if it is possible to negotiate a special being offered.
    secondly, i went to an acura dealership and here are the details i was given for a base Acura TL.
    1500 drive off.
    34450 MSRP
    31750 selling price.
    386 + tax per month. ( 417 with tax)
    money factor was 0.0111 super preferred one i dont remember it correctly.
    how much can i negotiate on this ??

Im aiming for 1500 drive off and monthly payments around 350. for the base 08 Acura TL.

Do you think that is possible ??
  • mjcmjcmjcmjc Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Northern NJ, and trying to figure what a reasonable payment should be for 2008 TL type s lease. I'm looking for 48 monhts, 15k miles/year, nothing down. Based off the Acura website selling price of 38,985, they calculate the payments at $628 a month, which seems high. Anybody know if that's about right or gotten a better deal for those lease options?
    does the 32500 include sales tax?

I am just trying to figure out how I mae out on my deal you might read in the posts above about what I got from Goodson in Dallas last month. I think I got screwed.....any thoughts anyone?

W
  • thero0kiethero0kie Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man
    i have a question. Is it possible to negotiate a special deal.
    like the dealer here in north cal is offering a base acura tl for
    34550 MSRP
    selling price is 32575.
    monthly payments of 418 with tax with 1500 down.
    10,000 miles an year.
    this is with tier one credit.
    im wondering if i can bring the per month payment down, if so how do i go about doing it the dealer is not budging on the price of the car.
    If the dealer is not budging on the sale price, then you will have to put more money down to lower the monthly payment OR you find another dealer that is willing to go lower. Another alternative is MSDs (multiple security deposits) most dealers will allow that. That should lower your MF, thus making your monthly payment lower.
    Unfortunately, your upfront costs will be higher, but you do get that money back after you return the vehicle. Here's the lease formula you can see how the payments are calculated. You can download a lease calculator in excel to play around with the numbers the dealer quotes you.
    Best of luck.
    I was just curious about the 32500 because that was the sale price basically quoted to me but before taxes and in Tx you pay tax on the whole car not just depreciation or the amount of time you have it. anyways any help would be appreciat
  • habiemhabiem Member Posts: 22
    Anyone know what the money factor and residual value would be for an '08 Base TL with 20,000 miles/year? Assume tier one credit. Thanks.
    I believe it will be based on the 15k mile/yr lease residual, and you will be charged 5k additional miles per year at a pre-negotiated per mile price. You may have to go into the dealer to get those final numbers.
  • amieeamiee Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

I need your help!! I am looking to close a lease deal this weekend (I live in MA) on a 2008 Acura TL base model with no navigation.

The deal is:
    $389/month including tax
    $1300 - total out of pocket expenses
    36 month lease with 12K miles a year

Do you think it is good??? Thanks so much for your help....Amiee
  • purchasingsoonpurchasingsoon Member Posts: 74
    whats up car_man and other TL experts. i have to start by saying mr. car man has helped me out on my previous 3 leases, of which i am greatly appreciative. my first lease was an infiniti G20, followed by the bmw 325xi, and finally, my '05 audi a4 (w/the bigger engine) lease only has 1 more pmt left.

i've scoured and searched the TL forum and still can't figure out the answers to 2 questions:

1. the edmunds TMV for the TL w/nav is about $1k below the invoice (as given by edmunds); should i assume that this includes the $1,000 incentive? or do i need to take off another $1,000 to appropriately reflect a fair negotiated selling price? fyi the TMV for TL w/nav is listed as 32,959 vs invoice of 34,043 and msrp of 36,985.

2. the TMV pricing report lists a destination charge of $760, but i've also read folks here saying that there is a $595 acquisition fee. should i be prepared to pay both of these? i've read discussions regarding these fees but its still not clear to me.

any help is greatly appreciated!

fyi i'm coming up with monthly pmts of $483 before tax in my spreadsheet for the TL w/nav using inputs: .00171 mf, 36 months, 12k miles, 36985 sticker, 32,959 negotiated price for car, 760 destination charge. payments go down to 454 per month if you take off another $1k from the negotiated price of the car.

thanks dudes.
    b

a side note: the residuals are so much higher on the G35x currently vs. the TL, that the monthly payments end up being about the same even though the going rate for the G35x is about $3,000 higher, just food for thought. these are currently my top 2 choices.
  • rutnerrutner Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. Just to let everyone know I leased an Acura TL-S last week (June 30) at Princeton Acura in Princeton, NJ. I think I got a great deal, let me kow otherwise:
    36 months with 15k miles/year
    $532 per month with NO money down. All fees, taxes, MV charges rolled into this payment. The dealer was great and I highly recommend them.
  • mstew72mstew72 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have the residule value and money factor (assume top tier credit)on an 08 Base TL w/Navi?

Thank you.
  • dtd1dtd1 Member Posts: 10
    Similar to the post above, anyone have the July residual values and money factors on the TL Type-S? My local dealer is using .00133 and a residual of 51% on a 36 month lease (12k miles per year). The residual sounds about right, but not sure about the money factor is the base rate. They're also using a purchase price of $34,200, which seems higher than quotes others have been getting.
  • sunofny99sunofny99 Member Posts: 24
    Hey Rutner, can you send me your dealers info. Thanks!
  • roadwarior8roadwarior8 Member Posts: 6
    Sounds right...where do you live?
  • dtd1dtd1 Member Posts: 10
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey purchasingsoon. This is the fourth lease that I've helped you on :surprise: . You're making me feel old :) . If I was in the market for a 2008 Acura TL right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and then have the dealer subtract the $1,000 lease cash that is available on this car from that, putting the actual cap cost at a couple hundred under invoice.

Destination charges are considered to be a part of vehicles' prices. Everyone who purchases or leases a new vehicle has to pay it. Acquisition fees on the other hand are charged by banks. Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Again, there's no way out of paying this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or roll it into your car's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mstew72. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Acura is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dtd1. Honda Finance's new July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL Type-S with 12,000 miles per year are indeed .00133 and 51%, respectively. Make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Acura is currently providing on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • xpressxpress Member Posts: 8
    $365/$411 (Base/Nav)
    12000 miles per year
    36 month
    $2000 drive off

* Sale Price $28,781/$31,124 (Base TL/w-NAV)
    * Money Factor - - 0.00133
    * Residual Value -- 53%/54%
    * Acquisition/Bank Fee -- $595
    * Dealer Doc Fee -- $45
    * Other Fees (such as DMV, tire, etc?)-- $345
    * Is there a disposition? NO
    * Gap coverage? included with Acquistion fee
    * Taxes? Included with the monthly payment

$2000 drive off.
  • matt35621matt35621 Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone - just received the details on a deal I expect to take on Wednesday for a 08 TL w/ Navi. Its in Cleveland:
    - $31,543 (invoice less the $2500)
    - Residual = 54%
    - Money Factor =.00133
    - $595 Acq Fee paid upfront
    - $265 title, license & doc paid upfront
    - 6.5% tax paid upfront

Will end up being $439 per month but thats just because I had $1040 in negative equity from previous car that I included in the cap. The rest of the fees I am paying upfront.

The only thing I cant figure out is why they make you choose the $2500 cash or the low financing if you buy but when you lease you essentially get both (moneyfactor equates to 3.19%). Any explanation?
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    so is there 1000 in lease cash or a 2500 incentive or both?

assuming invoice is around 35000 on a new TL-S... am i to beleive ethat I can get it down 3500 under invoice?

i haven't seen anyone say they bought at under 32k for a Type S... but if ther is 3500 off..and they are desperate to move them, they might do it.
    from my research - it looks like the deals on the TL is about the same as it was severalm onths ago.

the MF and residuals have changed as has the dealer incentives - but when you crunch all the numbers - you wind up with about the same payments. so it's essentially the same.

I think there was a lower MF and higher residuals earlier in the year - but there were less incentives on the car... so you paid more for it... now they are just throwing money into the car ot make it cheaper.

i'm in the market for something that is fun, sporty, and can fit three kids across the back. i also am on somewhat of a budget and don't want to spend big $$.. to me, a 30k car is about the limit. BMW 335s are cool - very fast - and RWD, which I like - but to get the same kind of options - you are pushing 50k. also, the 3 series is much smaller in the back.

i was actually looking at a used M5 - like an 02/03 model to get a larger car with lots of power - and the specs on front/rear seat/hip/cargo space shows the TL is actually the same of marginally bigger in every category than even the E39 5 series!

I have test fit all three kids into a TL and they fit. it's tighter than in our SUV - but you CAN fit three small kids ALL in carseats or boosters into the back of a TL. not gonna happen ina 3 series or IS350.

waht kind of deals has anyone rec'd lately on a TL-S?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Local dealer in PHX area is offering all flavors of TL's at invoice minus the $2500 cash to dealer.

I was tempted to jump, but when I run the numbers the car I really want, a G35 sedan is only $30 more a month on a 36 month lease. That is figuring in the $2500 discount from Acura, and only a $500 discount from Infiniti. It comes down to a 56% residual compared to a 51% residual with the money factor almost exactly the same.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • xpressxpress Member Posts: 8
    Also check out used 2006 BMW's - 525i, 530i and 528i. The prices are getting very close to 30k. They drive very nice and a low mileage one will still have maintenance covered.
    i was offered this for a lease on a 2008 TL-S. thoughts?

Cap Cost: $33,900
    MF: .00133
    Residual: 51% (36 month / 12k/year)
    Total cash due at signing; $1440.27 (minimum drive offs)
    Payment BEFORE tax = $461
    Payment after 7.75% tax = $497

He said this was using the $2500 incentive. I asked if there were any other incentives and he said no. I thought there was another $1000 incentive he said no. He said they would "only make $400" off this deal.

How much better could I REALLY do than this?

One option I am also considering is that I like the Aspec underbody spoiler kit. I plan to lease, so adding options is not necessarily a great idea as they do not play into the residual..so you just add to the cost of the car...but I might negotiate for adding the kit at dealer cost... as a way to get something more out of them w/out cutting into the bottom line price of the car...

any thoughts on THAT or just on the actual terms of the lease I was offered???
This discussion has been closed.