Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• sayer17sayer17 Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,
    I'm thinking about leasing a 2007 Acura TL w/Navi. This is my first car lease, and although I've done a decent amount of research so far, I would very much appreciate any input you could provide on this quote I received (in California).

MSRP: $36,795
    Selling price: $31,307
    Residual: 53%
    Money factor: 0.003

36 months, 12K miles
    $1500 drive-off, $459 + tax per month.

It seems like people have gotten better deals than this in recent months. Is that because I'm not getting a great quote, or is it simply a matter of lease rates having gone up?

Thanks!
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    I was at the local Acura dealer and theyhad 08s on the lot.

I test drove a black TL-S automatic.. 2008. it drove very nice. it was very tight, handled awesome. I was NOT blown away with the power...it seemed fast..but not nearly as fast as the 335 i drove...but it shouldn't be.... it pulls nice to redline though. very nice car. it felt great.

i didn't talk pricing as i'm not ready to pull the trigger just yet. i need to do my homework.

what are you all seeing as the leasing deals on 08s?
  • nringnring Yardley, PAPosts: 97
    Sayer17- the new 08's are out. i have had a hard time finding info on leases for the 08. I am looking for this info myself. if you lease, an 07 your residual will be much lower as you are already 1 year in the rears. if you lease, typically you want to lease the newer year model for better residual. make sense? i am with you on all of this. i am not an expert but that is what i am told.

Thanks,

Noah AskNoah@icloud.com

23109vc, i am looking for this info as well. the TMV on edmunds does not show the 08 model yet. if you get this info, please let me know. i would like to lease an O8 with nothing down for 12K miles, 36 months, in bucks county, pa with tier 1 credit. i want to know what a god deal would look like.

Thanks,

Noah AskNoah@icloud.com

• cpa3cpa3 Posts: 88
    nring

I dont think your correct. The residual rate for a 07 or 08 I bet would be exactly the same (say 56%, 36 months, 12k). The amounts will be slightly different based on the msrp of the car.
    CPA3..now that i think about it, you are right..midway through the year like this might have 07 and 08’s the same.

My point comes very true around October – December

Thanks,

Noah AskNoah@icloud.com

i dont' think you are right.

the residual for an 07 should be LOWER than an 08. thinka bout it... when you try to resell it in 36 months, what's going to be worth more.. an 07 or an 08? an 08.

i haven't seen the residual info on the 08s...but i would bet the 08s have higher residuals. although if the dealer will discount an 07 more... you may have the two things wash each othe out..

who has been on a lot where they have both..and what deals did they offer?
    i agree..that was my point to the other person..it is mid year so prob a wash..end of year 08 residual will definately be better...i would love to get some details on the 2008 models via invoice and lease numbers...nobody seems to have it...edmunds does not even have a TMV on it yet.

Thanks,

Noah AskNoah@icloud.com

i test drove at another acura dealer. told them i'd negotiate via email/phone and left. they called me and asked what it would take to get me to come down and buy it "tonight". I told them to make me their best offer and I would thinka bout it. the guy starts with some sales pitch about he's going to talk to the GM, but he needs a commitment from me that if he gets what I need, i'll come downa nd buy it.. i toldhim i wasn't promising anyone anything and he could make me an offer and i'd think about it.

he started off saying i needed to put down $1200 and it would e about $600/month. i told him i can get a 335 for about that much and i wasn't interested. he said he'd check on whatthey could do.

i get another email that says "the GM says we can do 550... wow". yeah wow... i have seen NO concrete numbers. no MF's, no residuals..despite asking for them.

they have no 08s. only 07s. i'll start hitting up the dealers who have 08s an dsee what they will do.
    that is crazy. i just leased a brand new Lexus RX350 for 599/mo with nothing down for 12K miles per year for 3 years for my wife. It was fully loaded with nav and blue tooth and a rear dvd entertainment center for the kids. the MSRP on the Lexus was like 47K. when it is all said and done i cant see paying more then 430-440/mo per month total with tax for an 08 with TL with NAV. nothing down and Top credit. 600/mo you can get a lot more car then a TL I can tell you that. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Noah AskNoah@icloud.com

• acura_tlacura_tl Posts: 38
    There are 2 offers for Acura TL on acura.com. One for 2007 and another for 2008 (36 month/10K Miles):

MSRP: 34295
    Cap Reduction: 2315
    Monthly: $369 + tax
    Residual: $19891.10 (58%)
    Paid at inception: $3279 (Acquisition fee $595 + Cap Reduction + First month)

MSRP: 34395
    Cap Reduction: 2225
    Monthly: $399 + tax
    Residual: $21324.90 (62%)
    Paid at inception: $3219 (Acquisition fee $595 + Cap Reduction + First month)

Based on the "actual cap cost" mentioned on the offer, I believe the Selling price is as follows:
    2007: 30,317.68
    2008: 33258.22

This looks like a very basic offer. I am sure the dealers can do better than this.
    acura_tl

Do you know what the current lease rate is on these two leases? You are assuming they are changing the selling rate. Maybe they have discounted the lease rate rather. I can get the first one to calculate out at .001 at retail price. The second one doesn't seem to work though...
    I was able to match the numbers by using the following Money Factors:
    2007: 0.00300
    2008: 0.00247

I calculated the sale price based on the MSRP, Cap Reduction and the "actual net capitalized cost" mentioned on the offer.
    For 2008 TL:

MSRP $34,395.00 (includes destination)
    $2,225.00 capitalized cost reduction
    Actual net capitalized cost $31,033.22.

Based on the above, Selling Price has to be 33,258.22
    (33,258.22 - 2,225.00 = 31,033.22)

$3,219.00 total due at lease signing ($2,225 Cap Reduction + $595 Acquisition Fee + $399 First Month)
    acura-tl

Do you know that those are the lease rate factors? or are you guessing?
    No, I do not know for sure. These are the rates I get from my calculations to match the values in the offer.
    The reason I asked is because typically with dealer offered specials they are assuming you pay the full msrp. Its up to each dealer to make the deal better. Thats why I would assume that the lease rate is actually lower than what you used in your assuption. Try it again assuming the lease rate changes and the cap cost is based upon MSRP less the cap reduction. I am glad to see others on this board have figured out how to calculate the lease payment. I am always amazed at how few people really understand this.
    cpa3,
    Well, "typically" the manufacturer posts lease specials with some discount over the MSRP. Take a look at the lease offers for the following cars (at the company's web sites):
    BMW
    Infinity
    Audi
    You will find that the selling price in all of the offers is lower than the MSRP.

Also, based on the information provided at acura.com, the only way you can reach the "actual net capitalized cost" of $31,033.22 is if you lower the selling price. Otherwise this figure does not make sense.

An easier way to solve this mystery would be to go to an Acura dealership and have them print the Dealer disclosure statement for this offer. Has anyone here done that already?
  • nm156nm156 Posts: 3
    hi all, i've been reading over this thread but couldn't find a good benchmark for a tl-s lease. i went to the dealer and he said $550 with $3k down for a 36 month lease/12K. This sounds completely unreasonable. what is a reasonable price? will it be different for a 2007?

thanks
    acura tl

I agree with you on the easiest way to confirm. Looks like they posted a new deal on there for the 2007 that extends through sept. The new capitalized cost after reduction is $28,002.
    i agree with you. the TL lease prices are way too high. especially if you look at what you would pay to get an IS350 or a BMW 335. the TL is a great car - but those two would be "better" and you can get them for too close to the TL-S...so close that it just makes sense to pay the marginal increase and get the much better car.

for me - to make sense, a TL-L lease needs to be more like $400-450/month WITH tax and with NOTHING but minimum drive off...

if I could get a TL-S with $900-1000 out of pocket and $450/month TOTAL I'd consider it. to pay over $500 - I'll just wait for something better.

i drove the TL-S and I liked it..but dind't love it. I've driven cars that made me WANT TO BUY them SO BAD.... they just get you excited. The TL struck me as very nice...but not a "Must have" car.
  • nm156nm156 Posts: 3
    What would you expect a reasonable price to be for an IS350? The first number I've gotten is $730/mo with $3k down.

I've asked another Acura dealer and the told me $470/mo with $2.6K down, so at least I'm making progress :D Don't know how much more they'll go down as I didn't push it too much
  • mra321mra321 Posts: 4
    I am planning on leasing a TL 07'. The price i got at the dealer...non navi seems too high can anyone give me there opinion.

I am trading in my car which is worth ~14 K

$4,000 down
    $390 a month
    36 mnths 10 K...anyone recommend any dealers in long island or any good deals??
    CARMAN...do you know the lease rates for the 2007 and 2008 TLs. Is there a special going on now? On their website they are listing one but dont tell the rates.
    Thanks
  • Hi, signed a car on 31st, just want people's opinion if it's a decent deal.
    2007 TL TypeS
    Sticker: $38,795
    36mo lease /10K
    $2300 total out of pocket.
    $497/mo
    :confuse:
    acurazine.com had a guy who said he got a TL-S for $32000 - new.

i'd hold out for something more along those lines. no offense, but a TL-S is NOT worth 34-38k. it's a glorified accord.

it's nice....but not THAT nice.

if you compare the TL to the IS to the 335..the TL comes in last. the FWD sucks. I test drove the TL and the steering wheel was jerking all over.

i test drove a 335 and it was SOLID and FAST.

why anyone would lease a TLS when for a minor amount more money you can get a 335 is beyond me.

i'd rather get a base 335 than the "loaded up" TL-s. i guess if you care more about gizmos in your car than you do about really having a true performance machine, then the TL is great. if you really want to DRIVE..get the 335 and wait until Acura gets their head straight and puts SH-AWD into the TL platform. untilt hey do that, the TL is a big fat waste of money... unless they drop the price to 30k ish..then it's a good deal.
  • mjk5mjk5 Posts: 43
    Ok, I don't know where this specific post goes so I might cross post it in two different threads, anyways I've been car shopping for like 3 months since my car is junk (btw how much would a dealership take off for trade in if a leather seat has a hole in it? (bigger) would just buying a seat cover to go over the seat and taking it to dealership for trade in help me get away with it?)

Anyways I think I've narrowed the choices down to buying a 2007 Accord Coupe EX-L or leasing a 2007 Acura TL, but I'm too indecisive.

I'm just wondering how much it would probably cost me to buy the EX-L including all taxes and fees? And let's just say I did 36K miles in 3 years, how much could I get for this car? I'm not too thrilled with the accord and even less thrilled considering the 2008's are coming out soon and I don't like the new body style at all.

Second question regarding the TL, how much could I get the total lease cost too? I went to one acura dealership and he got me down to a bit over $17k which includes all taxes and fees. Could I get it any lower? I love the TL but am pretty cheap and kind of made the reasoning in my head that if I buy a car for $25k total cost, have it for 3 years then sell it for $10K It would come out the same to justify leasing it, but obviously I'd probably get more for the car if I sold it (don't know how much more) and probably can't lease a TL for that little (or can I?) So just wondering what the price difference would be between leasing a TL and buying an Accord assuming I do 36k miles on the accord and sell it in 3 years?

Last thing, are they picky with the damage to the car after 3 years? I mean the dealer told me they waive the first $1.5k in damage, but would they charge you for every little scuff mark on a rim, little rock indent from driving on higway, etc?

Thanks
    Interesting question, I am considering the exact same thing. Here is what I found. I live in OC Ca. There are Honda dealers here that will lease you a Accord V6 or 4 EXL for $240 plus sales tax a month. this is with no money out of pocket or down. Just first payment and license. I figure also here I can lease a 2007 TL no Navi, no out of pocket except first pmt and license for $370 per month plus sales tax. Both are 12K miles per year 36 months. The accord is tempting however I agree with you.
    I am trying to get some info on the TL lease rates before I finally decide what to do. I am leaning towards the TL.
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    Leasing a BMW is certainly cheaper than buying one, as that's what BMW prefers.
    Comparing a BMW 335 to a TL is tricky though.

I would never buy a BMW. I like to keep my cars for more than just a few years and owning a money pit like that would put someone like me in the poor house.
    Leasing is definitely the way to go on any BMW.
    You get free maintenance (also when you buy) for 4 years and you're usually out of the lease before the warranty is up.
    BMW and reliability and 2 words seldom seen within the same sentence.

The TL is fantastic car. I've owned Hondas and Acuras and both are absolutely bullet proof. Yes, there are minor annoyances, like squeaks and that damn subwoofer in my MDX :mad: , but they are awesome cars and built to last for decades... yes, decades with little or no repair.

The BMW 335 is faster, yes, but what good is a car that passes everything but a repair shop?
  • mjk5mjk5 Posts: 43
    $370 for 36 months with nothing down for a lease on a TL? No way are you getting a TL that cheap IMO, I went to two dealers, one had 4 2007s left and wouldn't go lower than 17k for the cost of the entire lease while the other only had 2008s and said 19
This discussion has been closed.