Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    I think you can do better. I'm in Palm Beach FL..

I have a 07 TL-S with 3 payments left. As well, Acura will take back the car, at their request without no penalty or neg equity. (this means to me I qualify for the advertised lease rates). They offered $1500 in incentives for current TL to new TL leases. $0 at signing.

I'm waiting on the numbers... but I'm expecting to be in the high $300s when it's all said and done. Base TL.
  • fillykonkfillykonk Member Posts: 17
    Can't help you on the figures but I'm in the exact same position as you with the exact same cars in question. I went to the www.truecar.com site, printed out the info, took it to my dealer (Miami Acura) and they offered me a 2010 TL/Tech at 34,200 and change (a great deal at about $450/mo). However, they "lowballed" my trade, offering only 22,000 (this on an 08 Navi with only 18k miles) which pushed the price to $469 plus tax for the new one. Don't know who you're working with but you might want to try the same strategy on the 2010 and see what happens with the trade. Seems like our area dealers have plenty of inventory so I'm sure somebody wants to make a sale just to reduce it, even at minimal/no profit. At this point I'm thinking of extending my lease a year and waiting for the 2012 MMC.
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    so i finally go the numbers. the dealer will take back by 08 tl navi with about 32K miles in good condition. pay for oct, nov and december with the following lease numbers fro 12k miles a year, 36 months, tier 1 credit, loyal customer. msrp 39,695 selling price 34, 404, residual 53%, and MF is .00144 called the ' pull ahead program' i am in pa so i have a 9% sales lease tax so total payment for the new tl 2010 tech front wheek drive woul dbe 449.44. with 1371.59 at signing to inlcude 1st month payment, tages, tiles, etc. they will aslo give me a $70, revate to take the car to PA for inspection for pa stickers. i am wondering if this is a god deal. the orignal lease i had in 08 fro the tl navi was 36 months, 12K miles a year, msrp 36,940, cap sale price 33,900, 57% residual, 00081f for 437/mo with tax (9% inpa) and 1400 at signing. so it appears i am paying 28.41 less at siging and paying 12.44 a month more in payments with tax. this does not include mud flaps that they gave me last time. si this stilla good deal. the dealer said he would get back to 437/mo with total out of pocket of 1804.74 so that is an extra 433.45 at sugning, but saving 12.44/mo over 36 months for a total of 447.84 over 3 years. so it pays to tak the higer monthly payment obviously. they are telling me 'However all lease programs changed Sept. 8,2010. The new factory program changed .The residual dropped 2points & the $ factor also changed. So the deal you were offered was good till 10-8-10. I can't change the factory program the residual or $ factor. All I can do is lower the selling price of the car which I did using any factory incentives that we get & selling the car under invoice by 300.00. ' i looked up truecar and it says dealer cost is 36089 and a great price is 35591 and they are selling it to me for 34,404 which is 2850 below invoice. something does not add up??? help please..

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

Well, Here are the number I got today... in the same situation as you:
    2007 TL-S turn in 3 months early, qualified for the pull ahead program.
    $1500 incentives for TL-TL lease.
    3 year Lease, 10k miles/yr. Roll over miles.

TL BASE $359/mo + 6.5% tax = $382/mo
    TL SHAWD $416/mo + 6.5% tax = $443/mo

$1378 Due at signing ($699 Dealer fee, $595 Acquisition Fee, 6.5% tax on fees)
    Tags will be extra (about $150-200 in FL) payed directly to DMV
    First Payment waived (or paid by dealer),,, 35 payments only.

Still trying to decide which car I want: AWD or Base... $61/mo difference.

Your deal seems good. Your MSRP is $180 more than the SH-AWD and your tax is 2.5% more too... thus your $449/mo payment is a bit more than my $443. Seems correct. Each state is different with fees, but my $1378 at signing does not include tags (up to $200). Your does. Seems like you have a good deal.
  • fillykonkfillykonk Member Posts: 17
    Taking the difference in taxes between FL and PA into account, your deal doesn't look too bad. However, depending on their need to move inventory you might be able to do better than $300 below invoice as their dealer holdback is in the neighborhood of $1200. Are they still offering the $2200 marketing fee Acura was offering buyers last month? If they are and you add that to the $1500 lease loyalty it adds up to a $3700 discount overall less holdback. Your original quote seems to indicate that something was missing and they only added the full entitlement in the latter quote, hence the $34,404 price and would account for the $2850 under invoice (which in turn is realy only 650 under). The end of the month is only a week away. Perhaps they will make you an even better offer come Sept. 30. Let us know what happens.
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    The dealer fee of $699 is pure nonsense. That money goes straight to the dealer. Work on lowering that amount. For example, in CA the law limits the dealer fee to about $55. I feel sorry for all the other states that don't have similar laws. But work on getting that lower.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    That's a FL thing. I follow several threads here on Edmunds and FL doc fees are by far the highest of any state. I have also in my couple of years here never seen an example of anyone successfully negotiating away a doc fee.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    That is simply ridiculous. I guess you just have to push to lower the sales price of the car. In the details tab at www.truecar.com, find the lowest number and start there.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kaplanb. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year in Florida are .00134 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi nring. Please see my previous post for the lease program information that you're looking for.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $2,250 dealer cash that is available on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Joe00. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00134 and 49%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease.

Acura is not providing any lease support on the 2011 TL yet, so if you were to lease one right now you would have to use its standard lease money factor. I believe that Acura's current buy rate standard factor for 36 month leases is .00190 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Its 36 month, 15k residual value for an '1 TL AWD with Tech is 54%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,250 dealer cash that is available on the 2010 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • jazzgearjazzgear Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2010
    I am planning on leasing a 2010 TL SH AWD Tech. The quoted price is 38,476..

MSRP: 44,245
    Actual Price: 38, 476
    Money Factor = .00144
    Lease Term: 36 Mos, 15K Miles Per Year
    Residual = 49%

I don't have the details yet of what additional fees I am being shoved...but the Sales Manager said that:

Down Payment of: $6000 (would include all fees, taxes, and first month)
    Monthly PMT = $450

Dealer is trying to push me into a demo with $10K miles for that price, but I was quoted by another dealer the same purchase price for one with "0" miles.

What do you guys think the price should be given the # of miles? Or should I just the hell with it and go for one with no miles (or minimal)...and is that negotiated price good? What about the residual and Money Factor. Would appreciate quick feedback as I would like to lock things in tomorrow before the end of the incentives.

Thanks

Edit: I just looked at the quote from the other dealer and the 44, 245 is for a more expensive TL, one the has HPT (whatever that is....bout to find out), so I know I am not getting a great deal (at least by $1K).
    OK, I got a better deal today...and given what I've gathered, It's pretty good, I think:

2010 TL SHAWD, TECH
    Price Paid: $37500 (will pick up next week)
    MF: .00144 (I didn't bicker about the .00134 as it worked out to a $5 per mo diff...)
    15K Miles Per, 3 Year Lease
    Cash Due at Signing: $6K (Includes Tags, Bank Fee, and Taxes)
    Per MO PMT: $384.00
    $6K???? that's a lot!!!!!!

roughly $1000 down = $35 per month.... thus 6K= $210.

So you would pay 384 + 210= 594/mo for that car? It's too much.

that's my opinion. calculate with minimal down.
  • missypal1missypal1 Member Posts: 1
    There are deals to be had out there! I just leased a 2010 Acura TL base model for $410 per month (Tax Included in the payment) without a dime out of pocket. The lease is a 36 month lease, with 10k per year. The residual is 57%, money factor was .00134, the selling price of the car was 31,600. All fees including the acquisition fee, title, doc fee, motor vehicle etc. were included, it was a sign and drive deal. I am hoping that this info can help the rest of you out there who are currently shopping for a new TL.
    I don't think it's too much...this is one is loaded with all the options less the HPT (which I don't think is worth an extra K)

No one is selling this car for less than $37,500. The math is the math...you either pay up front with a good down payment for a lower per month payment, or I can take the car with no money down for $599 per month...
    Residual is going to be alot less than for a 10K per year lease, as mine is for 15K miles per year.
    I haven't signed the deal....only did the application and deposit....

So has anyone done better with the same equipment/options ( 2010 TL, SH AWD TECH, 15K Miles Per year)?
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    God forbid you meet in any accidents-that 6k is history and you have no car to show for it.
    The deal I got was such:

2010 TL TECH with 18" Wheels. Sticker $40650. Use this price as a comparable.

$800 at signing (including all taxes, Title, Tags and first payment)
    10K miles/Yr, 36 months. payment $449/mo FL taxes included (6.5%)

I hope you do betterfor your car. Gap insurance is included in that price... but I still think you could lose your 6K if you need a replacement...

And correct me if I'm wrong...

You buy a $44K car without GAP insurance. You also pay for Comprehensive insurance.

You put down $6K and finance the rest ($38K).

One year later, your car is stolen and never recovered. Your insurance company says the the car is worth $36K and give you a check for 36K. Your account balance is $37K. You still owe $1K to Acura. However, Acura's Gap insurance would have covered you for the extra $1K. Now luckily, Acura has GAP insurance included, thus you owe nothing to Acura.

But now you want the same car from Acura, it's $44K new. You have $0 If you want the same car, you'll have to give $6K again. That my understanding of down payments with Leases. I could be wrong. Opinions?
    edited October 2010
    You all brought up excellent points I didn't even consider. My main goal was to keep payments low ...and most likely keep the vehicle after the lease. I am no longer in the phase of having a new car every 2 to 3 years...

I will check with my insurance company tomorrow to discuss this too.

So I guess first thing I need to know....put aside the down payment amount, is my negotiated price too high still? If not, then I could go with a lower per year mileage (10 to 12K) to end up with a higher residual (aka lower payment). I can then stash the down payment in a safe security to use either towards the payoff -- if I choose to keep the car or pay for the over mileage.

What is considered the norm...or better yet the smarter investment, 10K per (for the highest residual), or play it safe with the 12K per?

Thanks, this is a very helpful and informative forum
    I just got the answer to my question regarding if the price I got is the best I can do -- apparently I can do better, much better. I was just sent a quote from another dealer outside my state, DCH Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls, New York. I emailed them the offer I had, and they emailed me with a price of $36500...and stated that since I would be traveling a long distance that they could do better on the price. Could they go an additional K to say....$35500? The plot thickens....
    does anyone have the #'s on a 2011 tl tech fwd? i am looking to lease in pa (9%) sales tex. 12K miles, 3 years, tier 1 credit, and loyal tl customer as my 08 tl tech lease is up in dec. wondering what the msrp is, a good sale price, MF and Residual and overall monthly lease number and how much down. any help is appreciated. is there any major differences between the 2010 and the 2011 tl tech fwd? thanks. i live outside of philadelphia, but NJ is easy for dealers

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

edited October 2010
    So I got my TL SH AWD TECH for 35,500 at DCH Heart Acura in NY, took the .9 for 60 instead of the lease....the cost of money is better in the finance vs. lease.
  • sacdriversacdriver Member Posts: 33
    My current lease is about up. With the $1750 incentive on a 2010 Base, it probably makes more sense for me to lease a 2010 rather than a 2011. My questions:
    1) Are there any differences at all between the 2010 and 2011 base TLs ? As best I can see they are the identical car.
    2) Edmunds TMV pricing for the base TL in my zip code is $32,642. Does this number reflect the $1750 incentive or should I subtract $1750 from it to get the TMV price?
    3) Can anyone tell me the October 2010 residual and money factor on a 2010 Base TL in northern California?
    4) Acura is offering a lease offer of $349 a month on a 2010 Base which includes 10,000 miles. Does anyone know how much the monthly payment goes up if I want 15,000 miles?
    Thanks for any advice.
    I just got these numbers on 10/11 from Elite Acurain maple shade nj- i am a loyal acura lesee since 08.

dealer:
    "I hope I can gain your business. I know your shopping price. My manager is giving you a great deal. MSRPof the FWD Tech TL is $39,695. Money factory is.00144, Residual is 53%, Invoice is $37128.70, Sale price is $33,128.70. I'd like to put this deal together ASAP. Please call me"

This is for 36 months- 12K miles a year- I am puting nothing down on the vehicle. and I live in PA (9%) tax on lease. I curently have a 2008 TL navi with 33K miles and is up in dec so I will be 1K miles below the 36 and it is in good condition. Can you let me know if the numbers below are good and what my lease payment would be with tax (9%)

Also, they did not quote any inception costs or out of pocket. Do you know or anyone know what is acceptable? Is it possible for zero down and drive and sign?

If not,what out of pocket fees are legit here and not. I am NOT putting anyting down on this car lase. it seems customary, aquisition fee= $595, tax on aquisition fee at 9% for pa= 53.55, tags and title= 124.50, doc fee= 189.00, and first month pament.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

now i was just quoted from elite acura in maple shade, same delaer above, "Dear I can get you into your vehicle TL FWD Tech for 450.50 a month no money out of your pocket." the 450.50 /mo includes pa 9% sales tax. literally Zero out of pocket and they wil give me a 70.00 rebate to get the car inspected in PA. I qualify for the pull ahead program so they will forgive my november payment, the 1500 coupon program that they will use to pay all inception fees, and the 2250 rebate in conjunction all togther. so pretty much drive and sign for 450 a month, I pay 438/mo and paud 1400 for my lease of the 2008 tl navi. is this a good deal? seem like inception is that much. wonder if i can lower the monthy or get them to throw in splash guards and wheek locks. thanks for any advice. am i being too greedy. seems like a fishing freanxy and they really want to unload the 2010's so i dont how far they will go....

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

The price of $33,150 is pretty good. It is possible they may be able to knock like $100 off the price. I got my TL+navi 3 months ago for $33,000.
    If you punch all the numbers into this calculator, http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    you get the monthly payment they are offering you. So thats good, no BS on their part.
    If you add up all the initial fees ( aquisition fee= $595, tax on aquisition fee at 9% for pa= 53.55, tags and title= 124.50, doc fee= 189.00, and first month pament) then you get pretty close to $1500.
    Overall, I think it is a pretty good deal. You can try to squeeze them a little more but you do have a good deal here.
    Good job- i know you will enjoy it.
    What color combo did you get?
    Hi sacdriver. For October, Acura actually raised its dealer cash on the 2010 TL without Tech from $1,750 to $2,500. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $2,000 under invoice or so after taking this cash into account.

Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 base TL with 15,000 miles per year in California are .00107 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • aydanaydan Member Posts: 2
    I've never leased before so need help. Acura of Serramonte has said that their very best offer on a 2010 TL with Tech and 18' wheels is a 36 month lease with $3K down, $360/month (all taxes included), $12K miles per year. Is this a good deal? What's the very best deal that I could realistically get in the Bay Area? (I actually need $15K miles, don't know whether/how it changes things)
    I have a the same car, but a 10K/yr lease. I put $800 at signing (includes all tags, fees, etc.) and my payments are $449/mo (with taxes). a 12K/yr lease should cost more...maybe $10/mo.

In your case, $3K down should equal approx. $2.2K capital deduction (money down to lower balance). With a basic formula that $1K down lowers the payment approx. $30/mo you should be reducing your cost at least $72 from standard pricing. If you go by my monthly payment of $449, reduce $72 and you are at $377.

Now I didn't get the absolute best deal, but I am very happy with it. I qualified for the $1500 TL to TL lease incentive, which I understand some locations to be announcing $1750.

$360/mo doesn't sound bad to me, but keep shopping around to make sure. Good Luck
    That sounds like a very good deal. Keep in mind that you'll need more than $3000 to walk out. They will add about a $585 acquisition fee, first month's payment, document fee, etc. I have found that extra miles are about 20 cents a mile, whether you build them into the lease payments or pay for them at the end.
    edited October 2010
    You are starting out all wrong. You do not negotiate a lease by payment, nor do you put $3000 down on a lease. Educate yourself before you commit to a lease for 3 years. Leaseguide.com is a good place to start.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    You have no idea if the $3000 includes fees or if it is just cap cost reduction. Honda also writes 15k leases that are cheaper then 20 cents a mile. Drop 2% off of the 12k residual to get the residual for 15k.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    What's wrong with the fellow putting $3000 down on a lease?? I usually put $2000 down on mine as I want lower monthly payments. I agree with you that it's best to negotiate the price of the car and then convert it to a lease.
    As soon as you start talking lower montly payments on leases the dealer will right away know that you are naive to leasing.Trust me it happened to me straight out of college back in 1999. Walked in the dealership without knowing anything about leasing and they took me to the bank.I would advise the buyer to follow these treads and learn more about leasing before approaching the dealer about low montly payments.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    My last 2 leases were 500 under invoice and applied any additional incentives on top. With that sale price, and the already known money factor and residual I came up with a perfect $0 due at signing deal in both cases. Not even tags or tax. Folks need to to the math before getting to the dealer.
    It is not recommended to put money down because if the car is totaled or stolen you won't get your down payment back. You should pay the taxes, license and what not, but putting money down to lower the Cap Cost isn't advisable.
    This is something I was unaware of and I guess I am very naive about. I have GAP insurance through my auto insurance and Acura provides it as well, but I gather you are talking about some other peril. So lets say I lease a $38,000 car with $3000 down. I make one lease payment and the car is stolen. Are you saying that despite my having insurance with a $100 deductible and GAP coverage and Acura's GAP coverage, I would be out $3000 but Acura Financial Services would be made whole?
    Pretty much yes.
    Typically what happens is that the car value will fall faster than you are making payments on it.
    So say that your car is now worth $25,000 (determined by the insurance company) but you still owe $26,000 to Acura. Your insurance will give you $25,000 to give to Acura. Then Acura's GAP insurance will add in the $1,000 to make Acura Financial whole. That's it, Acura is happy, your insurance is happy but you are left with no car. You must go back to the dealer to buy a new car. So all the money you put into the car is gone.

Now if the car value is more than what you owe to Acura, then you will pocket the cash left over after paying Acura Financial. However, I think the odds of the car being worth more than what you need to pay Acura are low.
    Thank you very much for that information. I will no longer put anything down when leasing.
  • ken1973ken1973 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

Can you let me know what the current money factor and residual is for a:
    Base 2010 TL, 36 month 10,000 miles per year in Maryland

Also, is Acura still offering loyalty cash for current TL lease customers? I remember seeing something about $1,500 it a few months ago, but cannot find any current indication.

Thanks
  • chrislrosechrislrose Member Posts: 7
    Car-guy

Do you know the lease numbers I should expect on a base tl in California with 15k miles? When does the cash back end?

Thank you so much
    I'd be happy to help you out, ken1973. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Base TL with 10,000 miles per year in Maryland are .00172 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I believe that Acura is still providing loyalty cash on the TL for current lessees whose leases are scheduled to expire before the end of November.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do chrislrose. Acura Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TL with 15,000 miles per year in California are .00107 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is providing on the base '10 TL is scheduled to run through the end of the month, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't extended.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man!

Couple more questions for the group:
    1) Is truecar.com an accurate representation of what people are really paying? It states the average paid for a base TL in california is $32,418. Seems pretty fair to me.
    2) They state there is a dealer in my area that will guarantee a price of $31,633, but I have to enter my info for them to contact me. Is Truecar a good site to use? Or has anyone else seen a better internet shopping site I should go through?
    3) Using Car_man's numbers am I calculating the correct monthly price based on truecar.com:
    MSRP:35965
    Negotiated price: $31633
    Sales Tax: 8.750
    Term 36 months
    Residual 15k : 54%
    Money Factor : .00107
    Payment (using my iphone app) : $428

$428 out the door with 15k miles including tax seems like a pretty good deal to me. Any feedback is much appreciated!
    Ok so Acura of Calabasas accepted right away via truecar.com. I got a call and he basically said yes to the $428/month. Makes me think I should have asked for lower!

because I have one more $500 month payment on my lease he is going to lower the monthly to $412.

One thing that is strange is I notice the advertised lease special has dropped from $430/month to $410/month on their website. I wonder why that is...
    Hi chrislrose,
    I am in LA and I got a TL+Tech about 4 months ago. I found Truecar to be very good. Go back to truecar and price the car again. Then click the "recent sales" tab. That info is even better. You can see that in the past 90 days a few Base TLs were sold for ~$30,400. I would aim at that number.

When I was getting my TL I negotiated with Center Acura on Van Nuys and Glendale Acura. Both offered competitive numbers. I got the TL+Tech for $33,000, which is actually even lower than what Truecar has.

I am glad to see that you have the calculations already done. Now put in $30,400 and use the same residual and MF you got. Then e-mail the internet sales managers at the dealerships with your number. Provide all the math like you have in your post. Ask them if they can make that deal happen.

Another good online calculator is: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

good luck!
  • bigdoguesbigdogues Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    Greetings,
    I was offered to move up from my 2008 TL lease two months early into a 2010 complete with tech and ugly beak. No money out of pocket and $454 a month for 12,000 miles or $475 for 15,000. My last lease was for 18,000/year which I do actually drive but I was talked into going for lower miles to drop my monthly payment and because I was also told I could get out of this lease early and renegotiate a new lease for a 2012 next fall. I was also told not to worry too much about mileage due to Acura mileage forgiveness especially if I wanted to get into a 2012.
    What do you think? I guess i have to make a decision today to take advantage of the current program.
This discussion has been closed.