Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Car-man
    I'm looking to lease for a '13 TL SH-AWD base. Dealer gave me a qoute of SP $35,883(incl dest. charge), $400 w/ tax 36 months, 10,000miles per year, $1,700 of inception fees. I'm in northern NJ, are these figures reasonable? Thanks, J
    JM
  • ged3584ged3584 Posts: 27
    Don't forget there is a $1500 conquest rebate if you own any luxury car.
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Car Man,

With what appears to be good incentives, the base TL may now be on my shopping list. Edmunds describes a couple of lease deals and I want to make sure I understand what is posted.

$349 / month 3 yr 30k tot miles. Down Payment $1650 plus $1999 due at signing and the offer also says dealer contribution of $1500 is required for $349 payment.

I also see dealer cash of $1500 and another $1500 of Acura loyalty money that I am eligible for.

I am trying to figure out how much $$ I need at signing for this deal. If I need $1650 + $1999 and the dealer cash is already baked in, do I then need to come up with $1650 + $1999 - $1500 (loyalty) = $2149 or do I take the dealer cash as well an only need $2149 - $1500 = $649.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    edited March 2013
    CarMan,

No need for the info requested in the above post. I actually got a car yesterday. Will post info at appropriate board.

Thank you again for your time and effort.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey ml_driver. The $595 acquisition fee is charged by Acura Financial Services on every single lease. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge and they do not make any money off of it. So don't worry about that part of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited April 2013
    Hi jmalazarte. The dealer invoice price of a 2013 TL SH-AWD is currently $37,893. If we subtract the $1,500 dealer cash that is available on the '13 base TL from that it drops to $36,393. The selling price that you were quoted is even lower than that, so it represents a very good deal.

There's also $1,500 loyalty / conquest cash out there that you may be able to take advantage of.

Just make sure the dealer uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00062 (for top tier customers in NJ) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi albert72. If I was in the market for a 2013 TL, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over the dealer invoice price that's listed here at Edmunds.com minus the $1,500 dealer cash minus the $1,500 loyalty cash. Have them base your payment upon that selling price and you should be able to beat the advertised deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikelpnjmikelpnj Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man!

Not sure if this is a good deal. I haven't reviewed actual numbers yet, but was just quoted 349/mo with 2k down 12k a year lease. 36 mo lease. 13 tl tech package. Turning in my 2010 tl base model and am getting 15000 miles additional credit on lease. Dealer says it includes loyalty cash. Does his sound right?
  • mikelpnjmikelpnj Posts: 2
    Here is my deal. Need a sanity check on this.

2013 Tech Package
    - 38059 Invoice
    - 35534 Sales Price
    Minus 1500 Loyalty

Getting 12K Lease, but adding 15K Miles to it for unused miles on my 2010 that I am turning in.

56% Residual with a .00062 MF

$359.00 a Month

Out of pocket:

595 - Aquisition
    345 Motor Vehicles (3 years in NJ)
    First Months Payment - 359.00

1299 - due at signing.

Does this make sense? My lines are blurred.

Thanks all!
    Hi mikelpnj. Do you happen to know what this car's selling price is? It would make evaluating your deal easier.

Car_man
    Host
    Never mind, I see that you just posted it. The money factor that you were quoted is spot on. That's a good sign. The selling price that you were quoted looks great as well. This looks like a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • aboeschaboesch Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2013 TL w/Tech Package. What's the money factor for Maryland and thoughts on residual %? Also, any idea on when 2014 TLs are coming out? Wondering if it's better to wait to negotiate a lease if 2014 TLs are coming anytime soon..
  • artrahaartraha Posts: 1
    @mikelpnj

hi sounds like a great deal, i'm also on the market for the same car, what dealership is offering this price?
  • crg7crg7 Posts: 5
    Lease on 2010 TL is up next month and starting to get quotes for a new 2013 TL with Tech package. So far, received a quote for 36 month/15,000 miles at $403.83 plus tax with approximately $1500 due at inception in South Florida plus they will pick up my last remaining payment on my current lease. The advance package is about $40 more per month, not sure that it is worth it. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks.
    Hello aboesch. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year in Maryland are .00100 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I'm not sure when the 2014 version of this car is scheduled to arrive, but I haven't heard anything about it so it probably isn't soon.

Car_man
    Host
  • res332res332 Posts: 13
    Carman,

I was offered 36 month lease at 15K miles per year for $399 month which includes tax. I'm in PA and believe the tax is 9%. First month payment and tag due at signing for a total of $620. I'm coming off an Acura lease so Acura loyalty applies. Does this sound like a good deal? Also, what should same lease look like for the tech package?

Thanks
  • My dealer has three SH-AWD Tech cars in stock on their website (listed as new with 5 miles).

What kind of lease deal could be made on these leftovers?
  • mikevi7mikevi7 Posts: 5
    Hello,
    I am looking to potentially transfer my lease. I have a 2012 Acura TL AWD w/ Tech. Lease ends Feb 2015. It was 3 yr 36,000 mile lease and payment is $489/ month. Car has remote starter (installed by Acura dealer), tire insurance and only about 10,000 miles. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this? Swapalease.com?

Thanks for your help in advance,
    Mike
  • chuckjrchuckjr Posts: 61
    Swapalease isn't a silver bullet. I've used it once successfully and currently have two vehicles listed with great monthly payments that haven't moved in about a year. I do get a lot of questions on my lexus and e350 but have had a lot of people not pass either Lexus or Mercedes credit checks.

Try carmax. They'll make you an offer to buy it and hopefully you aren't too far under water. If your payment isn't great it won't move on swapalease unless you are willing to pay someone an incentive.

If you do go with swapalease you can haggle with the listing agent.
  • jjt6jjt6 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Acura will extend the $1500 loyalty incentive?
  • 2011oddy2011oddy Posts: 13
    Hello,

I would like to know the MF and resid on a 6-speed manual TL for either of these:

-2 year/20K lease (or 24K if Acura does not do 10K/year)
    -3 year/30K lease (or 36K if Acura does not do 10K/year)

Thanks!
  • I just had a dealer call me with what looks like a good deal: 36month, TL with tech $349/mo. including tax plus $2,500 total drive off (which I can reduce to $1,000 with loyalty). Here's the interesting part: Selling price is $36.536 which is a little on the high side, but the residual is $23,102 which is 63%. I can't figure how they can offer a residual that high.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 797
    Question regarding advertised or 'promo' lease offer and current incentives-

I'm helping a friend of my mom's find a replacement for her 2010 Infiniti G37 Journey 4-door. Her lease expires in about five weeks and she wants a lower payment than the $497/month she has been paying. The Acura TL (or TSX or even the Accord EX-L V6) all look like good candidates for a lower lease payment without having to sacrifice much on luxury and features.

The 2013 TL Base 4-door has a 36-month lease offer- $349/month for 36mos, $1650 down payment and dealer contribution of $1500 required.

They are also offering $1500 Conquest Cash that would apply since she currently has a 2010 Infiniti.

The $1500 Dealer Cash toward the lease can be combined with other offers.

The $1500 Conquest Bonus has to be used toward a lease or purchase through Acura Financial and can't be used on a $0 down lease offer.

Based on that information (and assuming the same incentives apply when she is ready to buy/lease), could she apply the $1500 Conquest toward the $1650 lease down payment???

I also realize that taxes, fees, title/reg fees, etc. are not included in the payment of $349. She has a credit score in the high 700s and owns a Physical Therapy practice, so she should qualify for any top-tier credit offers.

I'm quite savvy at negotiating a great PURCHASE deal. But I've never dealt with a LEASE transaction before. I understand the nuts and bolts from an intellectual perspective, but I'm not 100% confident that I can translate that into actual numbers! =)
  • osbar81osbar81 Posts: 9
    Hi car man,
    I need your help on a TL SH-AWD w/advanced pcg. I was offered $490.00 (Pre-tax) on 36-month lease/15k. No first month payment but Down is TTL+Doc fee.
    MSRP: $46280
    RV: 50%
    MF: 0.001

He said that he gave me the $2,000 cash back and $1,500 loyalty. Is this a good deal?
  • mlewis2mlewis2 Posts: 6
    Looking at 2013 TL w/tech package. MSRP 44783. Current dealer quote is 42789 cap cost, .0011 MF on 36 month 10k lease. I think the MF is high. Can anyone confirm the current MF for the Kansas City area? I am also seeing others paying in the $38k-$39k range...is this reasonable? Thanks.
  • suv800suv800 Posts: 40
    mlewis2,

2103 Acura TL w/Tech Package
    for only 10k 36month lease, your payment should be around $374.00 + tax(your local sales tax) + DMV (around $185.00), Your out the door should be no more than $600.00.
    Remember this is with no money down, no trade-in.

Here in new york, my calculation was $407.00 included sales tax of 8.875% plus the dmv and fees $157.50 (75+60+10+12.5)
  • mlewis2mlewis2 Posts: 6
    Do you have any idea what the money factor or final selling price was on your car?
    Hi res332. It would be much easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price. Let me know and I'll tall you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi theericharris1. Acura is not providing lease support on leftover 2012 models any longer. As a result, if you really want to lease it probably would be cheaper, or at least very close, to go with a 2013 model at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jjt6. the loyalty cash was extended through July 8th.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.