Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Acura TSX. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• amxamx Posts: 8
    hello car_man..

what would be the MF and resdual on an 05 TSX 6MT/Nav, 36mo / 12k/yr lease? Any lease/APR specials running? Would it be cheaper to wait for the 06's

thx
    amx
  • My old faithful Accord sustained some serious damage today after hitting a piece of steel that fell off a vehical.

It may be a total loss, busted oil pan and tore up the muffler, most unpleasant. So I may be moving along a little quicker then I had anticipated.

I can do the math on a purchase, but I'd like to get some rough numbers on a lease in the DFW area.

Dan in Highland Village
  • Hi amx. Acura rarely provides any sort of specials on the TSX. The only one that I can remember over the past several months is a special financing program that it ran on it over the Labor Day weekend, but that's long gone now. If you were to lease this car through Honda Finance Corp. you would have to use its standard lease program. Its standard buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 12,000 miles per year lease of a 2005 TSX with navigation should currently be .00250 and 57%. It is difficult to say what the lease program for the 2006 version of this car will exactly be like, but its money factor will likely be the same and its residual values should be higher. All things being equal, specifically MSRPs and selling prices, a higher residual value would bake an '06 TSX less expensive to lease than an '05 model. Whether this actually ends up being the case depends upon how much dealers are willing to discount '06s when they hit lots.

Car_man
    Host
  • 15k/Yr
    3 Yr Lease
    Lease Fees only

Upstate NY

What do u think I should base the lease off? What is the correct Cap Cost I should aim for?...thanx
  • Hi looking2lease. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the Acura TSX right now. Since the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them you should be able to get a good idea of what sort of capitalized cost to aim for by visiting the following discussion: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". As far as this car's lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2005 Acura TSX without navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 57%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • suvgalsuvgal Posts: 39
    Car_Man,
    My friend plans to lease an 05 Acura TSX (w/o Navigation System). Given my leasing experience with the Highlander, I was hoping maybe you could provide her with advice as to whether this is a good deal. The MSRP is $27,190. The dealership wants $380/mo for 36 months for 15K/year. She also would have to pay $2400 down to include closing costs. Does this sound like a fair deal to you? If not, approximately how much should she be looking to spend.
    Thank you so much.
  • Hi suvgal. Your friend needs to find out what the selling price of this car is. This is an important number for consumers to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if one was paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that one wants to lease one doesn't know how good a price they are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that your friend is interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

If your friend does not know what a good price for this car is, they should be able to get a good idea of how much they should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the quick reply. She said the selling price was $26,950. I know I provided location when you helped me with my car. This would be in NJ.
  • nvnicknvnick Posts: 50
    Car_man, do you have money factor & residuals info for 36 mo lease, either 12k or 15k miles/yr? 2006 Non-navi
    Car_man,
    I was hoping you could provide me with the sample lease payment on $26,400 instead. My friend found another dealership but wants to buy this week.
  • You're very welcome suvgal. Let's calculate a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if your friend was to lease a 2005 Acura TSX (w/o Navigation System) with an MSRP of $27,190 and a selling price of $26,400 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $408. With this deal, at lease signing your friend would have to pay her car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, Honda Finance's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • Unfortunately, I have not seen this car's residual values yet, nvnick. I can tell you though that Acura is not currently providing any sort of lease support on it. As a result, if you were to lease one through Honda Finance right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard money factor for 36 month leases is .00250 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit. The money factor is much more important to know than the residual value anyhow because banks do not have the authority to alter banks' residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Posts: 119
    Car_man,

What are the chances of lease incentives soon? On the one hand, I still see many '05's on the lots, on the other hand Acura has had a few months of record sales in a row and rarely does incentives from what I can tell. Competition in that lease payment area is tough, with the IS250, G35, and 325i all in the low $400 range (well negotiated).
  • Hi sdiver68. I wouldn't hold my breath for any sort of lease support on this car. Acura has never provided any sort of special lease money factors on the TSX. Its current lease program on this car is scheduled to run through December 5th, but I doubt that its new December lease program for it will be any different from its current one.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was just quoted on TSX 2006 Auto w/o Navi 36 & 42 month lease with sell price of $27,000 including dest.

36 month, 15k, money factor .00260, resd $17673, payment $449

42 month, 15k, money factor .00235, resd $16247, payment $421

Do these sound right?
  • nvnicknvnick Posts: 50
    Using MSRP of $27,890+$615, sell price $27k, and your residuals & MF's, I get $375/mo for 36 months & $357 for 42 months. Excludes sales tax.
  • Sorry forgot to mention 0 down taxes included. Still seems a little high.
  • Hi bogmancometh. I can't comment on the lease payments that you were quoted without knowing what this car's full MSRP is. However, I can tell you that the money factors that you were quoted are right in line with Honda Finance's current money factors for this model. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark up your car's money factor to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • What is the residual value calculated from? Is it the invoice or MSRP?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    Residual is always calculated from the full MSRP, including destination..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi Car_man,

Is it possible for consumers to keep track of what the current offers and rates are from Honda Finance? I'm looking to possibly get a TSX soon, but waiting for a good rate on a lease. If you could, let me know the current MF and Residual on a TSX that would be helpful. Thanks!
  • Hi professorfrink. I'd be happy to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like. You didn't mention all of the information that I need to give you an accurate picture of this car's lease program in your post, so I am going to have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want s different model, term, or mileage allowance. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00260 and 61%, respectively, assuming that you pay a security deposit and qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

This is my first time on this forum and the first time I am planning to lease a car. I'm interested in the 2006 Acura TSX with Navigation, 5 speed automatic, 17" Silver Star wheels. I'm planning to put $2000 down and drive around 15K. Whether it's 36 or 42mths, I just want to know what range should I bargain for? Should it be between $350 and $420? Secondly, is there any other car I could also consider instead of the TSX? I thought about the new VW Passat and the car just seems boring to me.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I was wondering if I could get your opinion on the lease terms which I was just quoted. I'm fairly new at this!
    2006 TSX, w/o Navigation
    36 month lease
    12,000 miles
    $1700 down, total is $3335 (including all taxes and fees)
    payment is $356 per month, including taxes.

Do these terms seem fair? I am unsure as to how to determine if the rates have been marked up at all.

Thanks!
  • I just got quoted:
    2006 TSX Auto w/ Navi:

1k down, 12k miles a year for $426 a month.
  • I just stumbled upon this site by accident. I am considering a TSX or an Audi A4. Your $426 a month sounds decent. I am looking for 12k, nothing down and 36 months. I can't find any deals for the TSX but the A4 is aggressively dealing. Please tell me where you found the best deal for automatic with nav or without nav. Thank you.
  • robdarobda Posts: 4
    I just thought I would throw this out there. I just leased a 2006 TSX without navigation. The terms are as follows:

36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    63% residual
    .0027 money factor
    $427.61 per month (includes tax, title, & acquisition fee)

This is after the fact, but does this seem in line with what others are getting?

Thanks.
  • Did you have to put any money down?
  • robdarobda Posts: 4
    I had to put the first month's payment only ($427.61). When I turn the car in, assuming I don't go over the 12K miles per year, there would be no other "fees".

I was a little frustrated with the salesman because he would "play dumb" and keep going back to his manager to answer my questions about the lease. It is amazing how they can turn the numbers around to try and confuse the buyer.
  • Hello,

I just got a quote from a dealership in Atlanta, GA for the following 2006 TSX AT with $0 down payment.

MSRP $28505
    Cap Cost $27705
    Residual $16532.90
    Total Initial Pmt $1463.61

42 months, .00245 MF
    $375 per month + tax

I haven't begun negotiation with the cap cost yet, I am planning on doing so but wanted to get an idea of where I should be at. I see from the other forum (prices paid) that people seem to be getting decent prices lately, I definitely plan on getting that much lower.... but I also wanted to make sure the MF is in line with Honda Finance. Has anyone been able to get them to waive the doc fees? Salesman gave me some line about not being able to....

But other than that, looks like I should be able to get it for a decent price, so I'm happy so far!