Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• wbarmorewbarmore Posts: 10
    Would you please give a little more info. I'm looking at the "same" car, but the dealer says the absolute best he can do is 0 down, 10,000 miles for 3 yrs @ $456 a month. He say that's taking him to the cleaners. He blames the high sales tax in Texas which is 8.25% on the entire sales price of the car. Does your payment include tax. If so, sounds like you did great. I think the negotiated sales price on the car was 30k after a 3K discount.

I'm really skeptical because I'm in an '08 from the same dealer, but base model, for $370 with 10,000 miles. There's no way I'm going for the above deal, but any added info would help me as I think things through. Thanks in advance.
  • What is the exact car you are talking about? 2010 TSX Tech?
    $456 per month is extreme.

You need to get the sales price of the car. For a 2010 TSX Tech, you should aim for a sales price of around $28,000.

Once you get the lowest possible sales price then all the other numbers are just plugged in.

I would suggest you talk to other dealers too.
    Seems crazy to me to. Go figure. Maybe they think they can sell it at top dollar. It's the only "new" 2010 TSX tech on the lot and it's white with tan interior, a popular combination. They only have two other 2010 TSXs with tech and those are demonstrators with 5K miles. They're not doing much with them, either, and I would never go for the colors--silver and red.

The sticker price on the one I was interested in is $33, 270 and they were willing to discount it by 3K, but not a penny more. TT+L are about $2300. Texas isn't the best state for leasing because sales tax is 8.25 on the entire sales price I and it's not deductible and you pay property tax on the car each year you have it.

I noticed on the Acura site that a 2011 base lease offer is $0 at signing, $350 for 35 months. With TT+L, that would mean about $410-20 per month. For a base model, that doesn't seem great, either. So...I'm thinking about making a significant down payment and trying to purchase a 2011 using the .09% financing for 24-60 months. I'm so confused, though, I don't know what to shoot for as far as price negotiating.

I will definitely check other dealers--there are four within a 90 mile radius and see what I can find out. My lease is through the end of March, and March seems to be a good time to buy here. Everyone leaves town for ten days for spring break, and the city pretty much shuts down the SXSW music festival.

I really want to be driving a 2011 TSX in April, so any advice is much appreciated.
    On another note, I'm curious what thoughts are about base vs. tech. The nav. doesn't mean anything to me. However, I hate that the base model is a one cd player. The tech has a five or six disc changer and upgraded sound. I would love that as well as the back-up camera. Is it worth the extra $$?
  • Carman, would you be so kind to post the March 2011 Residual and MF for a 2011 Acura TSX V6 with no tech package for a 36 month lease with 12k per year?

Can you also advise any incentives applicable to a lease?

Thanks
  • I went to a dealer this past Saturday in NJ. He said for March the MF and RV for 2011 TSX Base 4 cyl with 12,000 mi/year is .00119 and 62% Respectively.

Does this sound right?
  • In NJ, Precision Acura told me MF was .00049 and 55% RV
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi kdogtwo. Acura's March lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Sport Wagon Tech with 10,000 miles pr year are .00129 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi me5po5ito. The dealer invoice price for a base 2010 Acura TSX 4-cylinder with an automatic transmission is $28,219. If we subtract the $1,250 dealer cash that is available on this model from that it drops to $26,969. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over that.

Car_man
    Host
    JimmyVegas11, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura TSX 4-cylinder with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 4-cylinder and $1,000 on leases of the V6 '11 TSX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi superchief20. Acura's current lease program is scheduled to run through May 2nd, so it really doesn't matter when you start negotiating your new lease...now or next month. Do whatever is most convenient for you. If I was in your situation, I would shoot for the end of March. Dealers often seem to be more willing to cut good deals at the end of the month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mikeizzy. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX 4-cylinder MT with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey njtechwarrior. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX V6 without Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00091 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on 2011 TSX V6 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • rrs79rrs79 Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    made and got the following offer for 2011 base tsx without tech in maryland
    $346 per month, with 0 down and tax, titles and all fees rolled into the monthly payment - basically just 1st month's payment and drive off....
    im guessing this is based on a MF=0.00129 and sale price to be around 27500...MD taxes at 6% off the sale price, which totally sucks :(
    Good deal?
  • Sounds like a great deal. 12k miles per year?

I got my 2011 base tsx 3 weeks ago for $363/month with everything included, and dealer paying first month. GA tax at 7%. I felt pretty good about my deal, looks like you beat me. Enjoy!
    12k - thanks. had to play one dealer against another (not my proudest moment ;)) - but considering the target sale price mentioned above, im sure there is something left for the dealer...these damn acquisition fees are killer for leases...they'll almost always tack on $20-30 on the monthly payments...
  • Thanks for the 2011 TSX V6 base numbers Carman,

One last question, can the $1000 dealer cash be used on a lease? Making the TMV price I should shoot for $32,145 not $33,145?

Thanks.
  • In the past I have found truecar.com to be a better indicator of current sales prices for cars. In the LA area (I just used my own zip code), a V6 TSX Base goes for around $31k, so I would aim for that.
  • Thanks Mr Bond. I checked out that site , the 31k you reference is for the 2010 model. The have the 2011 as $32,474. Would still like an official work on whether the dealer cash can be used because the dealer will say it cant be used no matter what.

Thanks
    just leased a 2010 base tsx with 12k miles/year for $299 per month, inclusive of all MD taxes, tags, etc - first payment due at signing...36 months. just had 38 delivery miles on it...
    i think i got a great deal?!?