Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• Here's the information that you're looking for, hbq. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00078 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tt3tttt3tt Posts: 1
    The figures you are mentioning are not possible on a TSX Tech. If they are legitimate, post the name of the dealer, I'd love to do that deal.
  • Hi, Car_Man, do you have info on 2012 TSX Sports Wagon Lease with Navi for December? Also, what about 2012 TSX 6 cylinder with Navigation? Thank you, would really appreciate it.

Vadim
  • Hi Car_Man,

Here is the deal presented to me by my local Acura dealer on a 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon w/Tech for December '11. These are for a 36-month/12K year lease. I will qualify for top tier credit. Keep in mind, we have to pay sales tax for the full "purchase" price of the vehicle in Illinois (awful, I know). I had them roll the taxes into my monthly payments:

Money Factor: .00190
    Residual: 60%
    MSRP: $35,695.00

Monthly Payment: $615.00

Only first month, license, and doc fees due at signing.

Are these numbers accurate? Is this a reasonable deal? It looks like they based the payment off of full MSRP. When I check the True Market Value, it looks like the TMV is pretty close to MSRP but still...

I need to move quickly so any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    Run, definitely, run!
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 178
    Those numbers are essentially reflective of you paying MSRP for the vehicle, nothing down (smart), and rolling all the sales taxes and fees into the deal. Even on a lease, people do not have to pay MSRP.

According to TrueCar.com, a fully loaded 2012 TSX Sport Wagen can be had for about $33K. Using the lease factors provided by your dealer and the True Car price, the monthly payment (inlcuding taxes and fees) should be closer to $500 a month. Edmunds has a nice article about computing the lease price which you may find helpful.

This dealer is not offering you a good deal. Whichever dealer you ultimately use should use the True Car, or less, price to calculate the lease not the MSRP.
  • mk2mk2 Posts: 27
    Car_man,

Could you provide money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder base model and 10K miles.

Thanks much!
  • I certainly do Vadim. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Sport Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I know what you mean, max_anderson, the taxes on leases in Illinois certainly are terrible.

I was under the impression that Acura's special lease money factor on the TSX V6 is also available on the Sport Wagon. If that is indeed the case, then the money factor that you were quoted is too high. That factor is .00078 for "Super Preferred" tier customers. Again, I think that this factor is available on the wagon as well, but I'm not 100% positive.

I definitely would not pay full MSRP for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mk2. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder base with 10,000 miles per year are .00078 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mk2mk2 Posts: 27
    Got the following lease deal for 2012 TSX 4-cylinder base

Purchase price: $27,450

Lease: 36 months, 12 K miles per year, $0 due at signing, $310 (+tax) per month.

Sounds good to me, but would appreciate comments.

Thx
  • efavuzza
    yesterday i bought a great economical car Acura TSX. At first i went to look the new honda civic, but the lease was for ex only no leather or tech, and they were asking for $275 with $1900 down 36/30,000. Acura at Brooklyn locate Nostrand avenue were great. i bought TSX SE for $2000 total out pocket and $350 a month and Marty MGR was great. when Marty heard i was a Veteran he gave us coupons to make the deal. i also trade in 2006 VW passat, and VW is the most over rated car in the market. i think a person is better get old Fiat 124 than the PASSAT. i had negative equity on VW about $3000, Marty still made this deal happen.
    the people were so great, that i also bought 2012 Acura MDX. i am a vet so i great a big discount on MB, i also own BMW so i get good discount. the X5 body never really change in 15 years. Also it isn't good in snow last year and i am not big fan of BMW interior. The Benz interior is classic but boring, and the drive was too soft. i found the Acura interior was cockpit of F16, and it handles great and the ride better both BMW or Benz. Marty took over last payment and $2500 out pocket i got 2012 Acura MDX TECH package, and best part Acura over Benz and BMW no option everything standard. the MDX feels faster than bought BMW and BMW
    Acura is back Back
  • Just signed a lease..2012 TSX Special Edition, 15K miles a year, 0 money down (just paid 1st month), dealer paid for tag and threw in tints..$368 per month including tax

Hope I made a good deal, feedback would help, thanks.
  • I am looking to lease a 2012 base TSX, 15,000 miles/year.

Got the same offer from three Acura dealers in CT. All said $0 down is $370/month and with $3,000 down its $317 down. Is this good???
  • Is this including tax? Got the special edition for 368 a month including tax, 0 money down, 15K miles, so since your getting the base model, you can get it a little lower.
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    edited December 2011
    Tell them you've got past the 3rd grade in elementary school and know math basics. It is not clear if you are talking about 36 or 39 month lease. But regardless the term 3000/39=76.9 and 3000/36=83.3.

Even at 0% interest you shoul at least get $370-76.9 = $293.1 ($286.7 for 36 month lease) with $3,000 downpayment.
  • Do you think I got a good deal? I leased a 2012 tsx w tech pack for 0 down 36mo 12k a year for $439 a month. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • $400> 410bucks a month seems clolser to a good deal. Why would ask for advice after the fact? Great car though. You will ove the stereo too!
  • well i haven't taken delivery of it yet so technically i can still say no. so would it be messed up to go back and say I want it for $400 a month. Also it was 439 after tax not before.
  • Actually after doing more research I found out its a good deal, i found out one of my friends works at the other acura dealership and he says the best he could do is take $5 bucks off payment bc the deal is basically all in.