Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    That is a very attractive selling price and money factor mtvca. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am currently in lease negotiations for the Acura TSX Premium with Tech package. Selling price of $31, 687 with $1700 down for 36 months at 10K/year = $378.19/mo. Is this good or can I get it lower? I was hoping to be under $350, but I'm not sure how this all works or what to leverage at this point in negotiations. Any advice?
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    The best I could get in January was $400 per month with all taxes and fees rolled into payments ($400x36) for 12K miles per year. The current situation is a little bit better, so I would shoot for $375 per month if I were you.

BTW, what is TSX Premium? Are you in US? If not any comparison just does not make sense.
  • fredlangfredlang Posts: 2
    I have a white 2009 acura tsx (without Nav). It has just over 39,000 miles on it and my lease is about to end. The buy out price is $19,000 (before taxes--and acura financial says this price cannot be negotiated). I went on kbb.com and their price to buy this exact car from a dealer is higher than the $19,000 price I can purchase it for now. Does that alone make this a good deal? Is there a way to know if this is a good price?? Would I be better off buying a brand new TSX?

Please let me know if anyone has a formula (or web page) that can explain a way to calculate a good price to purchase the car at the end of a lease?
    Thank you!
  • Looking for some numbers on a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year, not planning to put money down. Is it possible to get this payment in the $370-$380 range? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    As you have discovered a used TSX of that vintage/milegae will cost more at a dealer and about even with private sale prices. Getting a new TSX will get you nothing but remounting the lease payment treadmill - the '12 is no different than the car you have now.
  • raskyr1raskyr1 Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Just wanted to say thanks again to Car Man!

After some more searching around I found a dealer in KS willing to sell me the 2012 TSX SE with 6spd for $29420, which I rolled into a lease. I flew from MN to KS yesterday to take delivery. The sales person picked me up from the airport and I drove it the 455 mile trip back to MN...I still have a quarter tank of gas left too! ;)

Rasky
  • teddybear11teddybear11 Posts: 10
    Hi Carman
    TSA Base. I got a quote to buy $27,900 (including Destination fee) Also lease 36 months 15K/year. $352.00. Is this good deal? Any advise?
  • teddybear11teddybear11 Posts: 10
    $338.75/m + tax = $365/m
    selling price $27,900 plus tax.
    35 months $595 at signing for DMV and fees.
    15k miles/ year
    Money factor: .000460 (super preferred credit)
    Residual or the amount to buy the lease out: $17,306.80

Is this good deal?

Thank you.
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Posts: 63
    HI Carman,

Hope you are well. Could you post the MF, residual, and any lease incentives for the TSX Base and SE; 36 months/10k per year. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    You're welcome Rasky. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi teddybear11. That's an excellent selling price for a base 2012 TSX. Just make sure that the dealer uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00046 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey teddybear11. As I mentioned, both this car's selling price and money factor look excellent. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm doing very well thanks ajpbf7. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00046 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 TSX SE are the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • sai2sai2 Posts: 3
    Hi Rasky, is the price final or before all taxes, destination fee n all.

Thanks,
    sai
    That price was before TTL, but it included the destination. MSRP is $31695 with destination.

Rasky
  • sai2sai2 Posts: 3
    Hi raskyr,

I offered $28.5k + title + tax +doc fee for 2012 Acura TSX TECH 4 CYL. Please let me know if this is the good price???

Thanks,
    sai
    That price is below dealer cost...$31600 seem more realistic IMO, but I'm no expert either. ;)
  • Hi Car_man

My 2007 TSX is coming off lease. I extended due to job layoff the month before lease end in 2010 ( kind of hard to get financed when unemployed! ) After 3 layoffs in 4 years, needless to say my credit score has gone from 720 in 2007 to 560 currently. My 8 years with Acura Financial have been perfect but I'm wondering what I can expect with my current score. My TSX has only 17,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Payoff is $10,600 so I figure I have about $6,000 equity for trade. What kind of money factor do you think I can hope for this time around?

Thanks,
    SJ
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Posts: 64
    Hey Car_man,

Anychance you happen to have the residual for a 24mo lease (TSX 4cyl Tech)?? For any mileage is fine, but 12k if you have it. Thanks!!

Keith